Wolfgang Van Halen: "Mike is family." - Page 4
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  64
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    63
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    19,500
    Posts Per Day
    3.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2800
    Likes (Received)
    2390
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Intruder View Post
    Wolfgang should have been allowed to be a normal teenager. Speaking of which, how is Frances Bean doing these days?
    Apparently well. Despite that horrible mother who was barred from contact with her by court order. She was pretty much raised by her grandmother. Frances Bean inherited a sizable portion of her father's estate and is also the administrator of the rights to use her fathers image. She married and divorced some indie band guy and when she did, the divorce filing revealed she had an income of something like $100,000 a MONTH. But get this, her husband claimed that she had given him Kurts guitar from the MTV unplugged sessions as a wedding gift, she said she hadn't. The court gave the guitar to the husband! She got her house and the estate and pays no support but he got the guitar. I don't think that judge knew the value of the danged thing. Then there was an entire thing about how Courtney was accused of hiring a shady guy who was Britney Spears manager during her worst days (look THAT up) to kill or kidnap the guy in order to get their hands on the guitar. She denies it, but it sounds like some crazy thing she would do. He sued courtney, I don't know how that was resolved. He turned around and sold it for $6million in 2020. Buyer was the guy who founded Rodes Microphones. Thats a pretty good payout for a 2 year marriage. Asshat She recently remarried Tony Hawks son. The wedding was officiated by her godfather Michael Stipe. Bet she has an iron clad prenup this time

    The entire thing should have been made into "American Horror Story, Kurt's guitar" but everyone involved is so danged litigious it could never be done.....unless Courtney got to star in it..LOL

    FB is an artist but obviously her main source of income is from her inheritance.

  2. #47
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,237
    Posts Per Day
    9.28
    Last Online

    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9413
    Likes (Received)
    11400
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Apparently well. Despite that horrible mother who was barred from contact with her by court order. She was pretty much raised by her grandmother. Frances Bean inherited a sizable portion of her father's estate and is also the administrator of the rights to use her fathers image. She married and divorced some indie band guy and when she did, the divorce filing revealed she had an income of something like $100,000 a MONTH. But get this, her husband claimed that she had given him Kurts guitar from the MTV unplugged sessions as a wedding gift, she said she hadn't. The court gave the guitar to the husband! She got her house and the estate and pays no support but he got the guitar. I don't think that judge knew the value of the danged thing. Then there was an entire thing about how Courtney was accused of hiring a shady guy who was Britney Spears manager during her worst days (look THAT up) to kill or kidnap the guy in order to get their hands on the guitar. She denies it, but it sounds like some crazy thing she would do. He sued courtney, I don't know how that was resolved. He turned around and sold it for $6million in 2020. Buyer was the guy who founded Rodes Microphones. Thats a pretty good payout for a 2 year marriage. Asshat She recently remarried Tony Hawks son. The wedding was officiated by her godfather Michael Stipe. Bet she has an iron clad prenup this time

    The entire thing should have been made into "American Horror Story, Kurt's guitar" but everyone involved is so danged litigious it could never be done.....unless Courtney got to star in it..LOL

    FB is an artist but obviously her main source of income is from her inheritance.
    Do you follow the stories of EVERY celebrity in the world?

    You know WAAAAAAY too much about celebrities. Is that your thing? No judgments.

  3. #48
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    63
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    19,500
    Posts Per Day
    3.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2800
    Likes (Received)
    2390
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Do you follow the stories of EVERY celebrity in the world?

    You know WAAAAAAY too much about celebrities. Is that your thing? No judgments.
    no but the story about Kurt Cobain's guitar was covered by just about every music blog out there. It was weird. and as for the Frances Bean thing it only stuck in my mind because she married Tony Hawks son recently and when things like that happen it always amuses me because it makes the world of entertainment sound like some small isolated pacific island culture LOL Like, don't these people EVER meet anyone who isn't the child of someone famous? Like the girl from Stranger things engaged to Jon Bon Jovi's son? or Phil Collins daughter marrying Ted Danson's step son or Mark Ronson, son of Mick Ronson marrying Meryl Streeps daughter, or John Mellencamps nephew and the illegitimate daughter of the Prince of Monaco. How random is THAT one? I could google a few more, but the entire Hollywood thing sounds kind of like a lot of inbreeding going on there...which might explain things
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 01.07.24 at 01:00 PM.

  4. #49
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,237
    Posts Per Day
    9.28
    Last Online

    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9413
    Likes (Received)
    11400
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Like, don't these people EVER meet anyone who isn't the child of someone famous?
    I've thought about this before. Their world is so insular. Their circles etc. You NEVER see the kind of stories that you see in the movies.

    Brad Pitt isn't going to walk into a Outback Steakhouse and fall in love with the waitress.

    You know what I mean? He'll make a movie where that happens but not in real life.

  5. #50
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    63
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    19,500
    Posts Per Day
    3.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2800
    Likes (Received)
    2390
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I've thought about this before. Their world is so insular. Their circles etc. You NEVER see the kind of stories that you see in the movies.

    Brad Pitt isn't going to walk into a Outback Steakhouse and fall in love with the waitress.

    You know what I mean? He'll make a movie where that happens but not in real life.
    Matt Damon married a civilian. a bartender who he met in Miami. Usually when something like that happens its because they met in college or even in childhood. Or the title of "civilian" gets stretched when it is discovered that someone was a model or dancer in a video or they were technicians on film sets or producers or writers or agents. I guess you meet people who are in the circle you live in but it makes it seem like they never leave the bubble.

    Eddie Murphy was on a talk show promoting his Christmas movie and talked about his daughter getting married to some other comedians son. When they say "small world" they mean it.

  6. #51
    Hang 'Em High
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    52
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    16,879
    Posts Per Day
    1.89
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    3554
    Likes (Received)
    3567
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I've thought about this before. Their world is so insular. Their circles etc. You NEVER see the kind of stories that you see in the movies.

    Brad Pitt isn't going to walk into a Outback Steakhouse and fall in love with the waitress.

    You know what I mean? He'll make a movie where that happens but not in real life.
    Well, Nic Cage did exactly that. He married his waitress.
    Little Dreamer

  7. #52
    I'm The One
    KS 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.07
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,017
    Posts Per Day
    0.50
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2659
    Likes (Received)
    1342
    Thanks (Given)
    1889
    Thanks (Received)
    601


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Well, Nic Cage did exactly that. He married his waitress.
    So can we blame her for all of the awful career decisions?!?
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

  8. Daisy Hill, Majestic Liked This Post
  9. #53
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    53
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    72,055
    Posts Per Day
    10.14
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4374
    Likes (Received)
    17308
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I've thought about this before. Their world is so insular. Their circles etc. You NEVER see the kind of stories that you see in the movies.

    Brad Pitt isn't going to walk into a Outback Steakhouse and fall in love with the waitress.

    You know what I mean? He'll make a movie where that happens but not in real life.
    My 21 year old niece is currently dating a billionaire's son...it happens.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  10. #54
    Hang 'Em High
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    52
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    16,879
    Posts Per Day
    1.89
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    3554
    Likes (Received)
    3567
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    So can we blame her for all of the awful career decisions?!?
    Definitely not, but he's made some pretty cool movies recently.
    Little Dreamer

  11. #55
    I'm The One
    KS 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.07
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,017
    Posts Per Day
    0.50
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2659
    Likes (Received)
    1342
    Thanks (Given)
    1889
    Thanks (Received)
    601


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Definitely not, but he's made some pretty cool movies recently.
    Last one I saw was the Unbearable Weight one and it sucked.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

  12. #56
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    53
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    72,055
    Posts Per Day
    10.14
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4374
    Likes (Received)
    17308
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Man, I thought that movie was hilarious.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  13. Daisy Hill, 5F1U5C0K, Little Dreamer Liked This Post
  14. #57
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    63
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    19,500
    Posts Per Day
    3.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2800
    Likes (Received)
    2390
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Definitely not, but he's made some pretty cool movies recently.
    Does this mean there is hope for John Travolta?

  15. #58
    Hang 'Em High
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    52
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    16,879
    Posts Per Day
    1.89
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    3554
    Likes (Received)
    3567
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Does this mean there is hope for John Travolta?
    Different situation, different kind of movies. But there's always hope, right?
    Little Dreamer

  16. #59
    5150
    Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.14.01
    Posts
    543
    Posts Per Day
    0.06
    Last Online

    06.05.24 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    156
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    103

    Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Matt Damon married a civilian. a bartender who he met in Miami. Usually when something like that happens its because they met in college or even in childhood. Or the title of "civilian" gets stretched when it is discovered that someone was a model or dancer in a video or they were technicians on film sets or producers or writers or agents. I guess you meet people who are in the circle you live in but it makes it seem like they never leave the bubble.

    Eddie Murphy was on a talk show promoting his Christmas movie and talked about his daughter getting married to some other comedians son. When they say "small world" they mean it.
    Fame and money marry each other to keep fame and money in the family.

  17. #60
    Hang 'Em High
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    52
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    16,879
    Posts Per Day
    1.89
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    3554
    Likes (Received)
    3567
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Fame and money marry each other to keep fame and money in the family.
    It's more a question of meeting your partner at your work place, which most people do. So when 2 major acting talent get together, you have to see it as two colleagues hooking up. It's not a case of "I'm so great I can only marry another A-list star." People don't think like that.
    Little Dreamer

  18. Majestic Liked This Post
 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WOLFGANG VAN HALEN JOINS PANTERA FOR "WALK" PERFORMANCE IN PORTUGAL
    By James in New York in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06.29.23, 07:08 PM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02.18.12, 06:09 PM
  3. Message from Wolfgang Van Halen's "Official MySpace"...
    By NOaverageJOE in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02.23.07, 09:32 PM
  4. My son as "Wolfgang Van Halen" playing Ain't Talkin About Love
    By MOJODOJO in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09.21.06, 06:32 AM
  5. Since "The Osbournes"is so damn funny, why not "The Van Halen Family"?
    By atomicpunk5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03.23.02, 04:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •