Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm a momma's boy and proud. There were no men in my life, so there's that.
    Bro we are brothers....

2. CaboChris Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH2 This changes frequently
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.24 @ 10:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

So I've been really touched by how kind people have been that may have been rude to me in the past. It all rolled off my back anyways.
    LOL

"just rolled off my back anyways" Sure it did.

Glad they reconnected, though. I'm guessing Wolf might appear on the Circle tour somewhere along the way.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Chris, I think you need to define what that means. Do you mean that you had a close relationship with your mother? Do you mean you let your mother fight your battles for you? Iím pretty confident itís not the latter.

To me a mamaís boy is somebody that lets his mother control his life and what he does with it. And I donít believe for a second that your mother told you what to do with with your life. I just believe you were close to your mother.
    I don't see any evidence that Valerie controls Wolf's life. She is very proud of him as she has right to be and is now trying to be proud enough for 2 it seems. I do think both of them would be happier losing the social media. The whole thing is toxic if you ask me. Some of my favorite actors and actresses stay off social media. Doesn't seem to hurt their careers, but if you are a TV person it's almost a given that you need to keep self promotion going. Us normal folks don't have to deal with the equivalent of walking thru a grocery store and having strangers yell shitty things to us. So imagine that happening and then when you snap back it generates even more criticism The whole thing is rigged. Posting on instagram with the comments off seems the sanest way to go

5. Infinite Cactus Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 05:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Iím not saying those are only the characteristics of a mamaís boy. Iím just pointing out a couple of them. No I donít think she controls his career, sheís just annoying lol.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

7. Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Atomic Punk
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Atomic Punk
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

I love this song ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

bat wing ball sack
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:23 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

I’m not saying those are only the characteristics of a mama’s boy. I’m just pointing out a couple of them. No I don’t think she controls his career, she’s just annoying lol.
    She agreed to a brain tumor plot line for dating men and laughs on Hot in CLE. She's capable of anything. Nobody getting radiation at CCF ever looked hotter.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

I don't see why anyone would be surprised, though. The dude had a highly unconventional childhood. He seemingly didn't attend high school (not to even mention college), he was on tour with VH. Not only that, everyone was saying "he put the band back together." He had a lot of weight on his shoulders at 15 years old. Which he obviously internalized. It wasn't just fun, he had responsibilities that no 15 year old should have. He had to save his father, and save VH the band. He was able to do well in that role, but he didn't come out of it unscathed.
    His mom has been his rock most of his life, that's the one person he could always rely on - that's my guess, I haven't read her book.
    Little Dreamer

Eruption

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.10.24 @ 11:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months RegisteredWell-Liked

As an only child with a Jewish mother, Iím not a mamaís boy. And I am very close to my mother, but I was always close with both my parents. Now I donít see my mom all the time, but I talk to her every day, we text daily, and we talk about everything. Always have. But my mother would never fight my battles as a grown adult like Val has. Of course I obviously wouldnít let her. Sure there have been times where she has said, ďIíll say somethingĒ
    and Iím like, ďno Iíll handle itĒ and that was the end of it. Clearly Wolf doesnít do that. I realize theyíre celebrities and Iím not, but sheís fucking weird. Sorry.

Thereís just something about Wolfís relationship with his mom that is very strange. I realize he had a fucked up father who wasnít doing the right thing large parts of his life, but itís still weird.
    His relationship with Ed was totally fucked up and codependent as well.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 12:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

Eddie's relationship with his own dad also seemed a bit...off. And there are many stories from band members, producers, and managers of Eddie and Alex engaging in full-on fist fights. I think the entire Van Halen bloodline has had various issues regarding alcohol, drugs, and probably some form of abuse--mental or physical. But hey, just about all families have these problems with different levels of dysfunctionality. Not saying its right, just saying its not unique to the Van Halen family.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I don't see why anyone would be surprised, though. The dude had a highly unconventional childhood. He seemingly didn't attend high school (not to even mention college), he was on tour with VH. Not only that, everyone was saying "he put the band back together." He had a lot of weight on his shoulders at 15 years old. Which he obviously internalized. It wasn't just fun, he had responsibilities that no 15 year old should have. He had to save his father, and save VH the band. He was able to do well in that role, but he didn't come out of it unscathed.
    His mom has been his rock most of his life, that's the one person he could always rely on - that's my guess, I haven't read her book.
    I think he has about as conventional a childhood as possible, but face it, those folks live in a different world than we do.Wolf did attend a normal high school ( not one of those professional children 3 hour a day things) but missed his junior year when touring, He had tutors for that year and graduated on schedule with his class I believe. Commendable. Remember there was an interview in which Eddie said everything was on hold while Wolf finished school? Then again I seem to remember he also said that Wolf was going to college... Berkley or Julliard or something. Like, why would Wolf want to do that? I also remember an interview with Valerie where she was talking Wolf graduating and about going back and getting her high school diploma.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I think he has about as conventional a childhood as possible, but face it, those folks live in a different world than we do.Wolf did attend a normal high school ( not one of those professional children 3 hour a day things) but missed his junior year when touring, He had tutors for that year and graduated on schedule with his class I believe. Commendable. Remember there was an interview in which Eddie said everything was on hold while Wolf finished school? Then again I seem to remember he also said that Wolf was going to college... Berkley or Julliard or something. Like, why would Wolf want to do that? I also remember an interview with Valerie where she was talking Wolf graduating and about going back and getting her high school diploma.
    Him being on tour with Van Halen at 16 is highly unusual. AVH's kids, Sammy's kids, Mike's kids, Geddy Lee's kids, etc - none of them ever skipped school to go on tour at 16. And Wolf even talks about how uncomfortable it was to be there replacing Mike who had been fired, and feeling the resentment of the fans. It wasn't like Ed said "hey Wolf come and jam with the full band." He was put in a very difficult situation.
    Little Dreamer

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!RookieElite Daily PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points

Wolfgang should have been allowed to be a normal teenager. Speaking of which, how is Frances Bean doing these days?

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH2 This changes frequently
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.24 @ 10:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Him being on tour with Van Halen at 16 is highly unusual. AVH's kids, Sammy's kids, Mike's kids, Geddy Lee's kids, etc - none of them ever skipped school to go on tour at 16. And Wolf even talks about how uncomfortable it was to be there replacing Mike who had been fired, and feeling the resentment of the fans. It wasn't like Ed said "hey Wolf come and jam with the full band." He was put in a very difficult situation.
    Yep, as much as all us guys as teenagers wished that we could be on that train, with girls/booze/money/music like our favorite band members were.....we weren't ready for it.

Really, nobody is. One reason so many celebs that start young have "issues" later on. Wolf is actually doing pretty well compared to many other celebs that started young.

Also considering his upbringing, and parents. EVH was gifted beyond belief, but as an actual Dad? Not so sure about that. Val didn't even graduate HS, I don't believe. He was never going to be "normal" or have a "normal" upbringing.

The difference between some of the other kids you mentioned....only one parent was famous. The other was more "normal". I suspect that helps.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

You have to remember tho that he has a mother who was a child actress and understands the whole thing about getting an education as a child performer, both the good and the bad. . She also went out on the road with him as much as she could. Neither Alex nor Sammy's kids had that in their family. As far as being put in a very difficult position, I cannot imagine the stress. But Wolf wanted to do it. Be careful what you ask for