The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The original run of Frasier was about perfect, I don't need to see it now, especially without any of the original cast.
    It s not terrible, but it’s lacking some talent in the supporting roles. This could turn out to be like Seinfeld where the first season was abysmal and then picked up
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That’s is very cool.

Yellowstone is great, but like I said the spinoffs are better. “1883” is just an epic historical western. That could have been released as two or three movies and made history in my opinion. Watching “Bass Reeves” this season and so far it’s ok.

“Frasier” is on Paramount plus
    Yeah crazy shit. They were pretty much yeah you look the part of a walking back ground cowboy. Cool when can I start. LMAO Damn it! can't do it then. Sept of 2020. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

3. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

And another thing. Asked me personal shit etc. I'm pretty much I don't feel comfortable with this shit at all.

But I did hear that billy bob was cool as fuck. Have a beer with the crew etc. Sam, not so much. Had a bad back and complained all the time about everything. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

5. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    And another thing. Asked me personal shit etc. I'm pretty much I don't feel comfortable with this shit at all.

But I did hear that billy bob was cool as fuck. Have a beer with the crew etc. Sam, not so much. Had a bad back and complained all the time about everything. Out.
    LOL that’s too bad about Sam, he was outstanding in that role.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

7. track 5 Liked This Post
    carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

yeah, the "Yellowstone" spin offs look interesting, especially the one with Harrison Ford - but are they all on the same service or do you have to have a bunch of different ones to watch them

And the theatrical movies - cut or no? ads or no?
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

Also, a lot of movies even if they aren't available as part of the streaming you have, you can rent them on Amazon for like $4 or $5.
    even if you are not a prime member?

oh, and t5 - pretty cool that you could've been in one of those shows
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    yeah, the "Yellowstone" spin offs look interesting, especially the one with Harrison Ford - but are they all on the same service or do you have to have a bunch of different ones to watch them

And the theatrical movies - cut or no? ads or no?
    They’re all there

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

12.12.23 @ 07:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Who is your cell phone provider? I'm on the T Mobile 55 plus plan. $ 75.00 a month for my phone and apple watch. That's $75.00 with all fees and taxes included. I also get MLB TV in season and basic Netflix and Apple TV for free.

We have Amazon Prime so we get Prime video free for the cost of a yearly Prime membership. $139.00

Just let my Paramount + subscription cancel . We only got it for Tulsa King and Criminal Minds Evolution. Sly decided he didn't want to make Tulsa King in Oklahoma anymore,so he's dead to me.Haha.
    $59.00 for a year with commercials. I believe the commercial free package is a little over $100.00.

I also have Sling TV. Can't go without ESPN. I just can't. $40.00 a month though you can add on and that price will increase.

One last thing, and this is just personal preference. Any and all streaming services that I have, I usually buy gift cards. I don't like tying a credit card to these services.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Let's Go Brandon!

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    even if you are not a prime member?

oh, and t5 - pretty cool that you could've been in one of those shows
    Yeah doing one now about the 6's. Some call it the 4 sixes. We just call it the 6's The writer strike is kind of fucking that up. Who knows. I may or may not be a back drop cowboy in that one if it gets finished. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    New Frasier needs to rebuild for S2.

Drop his son Freddy, the barmaid actress with a son and dead best friend impregnator and the woman admin. dead weight.

Build the show around Frasier, his nephew David and Frasiers old college buddy.

They're doing the "father and son are polar opposites " thing from the original Frasier but in reverse. The old man is the stuffy intellectual and his son is a public servant But the son and the pregnant neighbor are weak ass characters and they are pretty central to the show.

The woman college administrator is insufferable. I'm sure they needed diversity in the cast but apparently there wasn't the budget for Regina King or Neicy Nash or Vanessa Williams or Taraji P Henson or ANY of the women with comedic chops who could handle this That character needed something like what sheryl Lee Ralph is serving up on Abbot Elementary.

The old buddy is a good counterpoint to Niles. Freddie has some promise.

There needs to be a Roz type character in the show. Maybe a department secretary or teaching assistant. I watch this show and each episode it's a disappointment in that they ALMOST got there but it just falls flat. It's watchable but not the quality you hoped for. No Emmy nominations coming out of this thing

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The Hulu package that comes with ESPN and Disney, I combine that with Peacock and I pretty much have everything I want to watch sports wise.

We have Amazon Prime because my wife works from home and she orders all the stuff for her company, so we have that for free.
    I have the same Hulu package and Peacock. I have Prime because I use it for work, and I get Netflix thru my phone plan. I have apple because there are half a dozen good shows there including Ted Lasso that I watch over and over to lull me to sleep I have a couple of cheaper British TV apps like Acorn and Britbox because no one does mysteries, from gritty police procedurals to "cozy" mysteries like the British

But lately I think I watch too much TV. Binge watched over the Thanksgiving weekend and it was just too much. And I'm paying more for these streamers than I did when I had spectrum cable but at least I'm paying for shows I really like. I just wonder how worthwhile they'll be when the effects of the writers strikes really hit hard

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.24 @ 03:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Wait. A New Frasier? What channel? That was mine and my girls favorite show.
    Wait, I'm still stuck on this. I only know you from your posts on this site, but I would have never pegged you as a Frasier fan! I just cannot imagine you chuckling at Niles and Frasier's antics! Haha, but you're not wrong, Frasier was the best written show during it's heyday.

16. track 5 Liked This Post
    squelch radio
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    They're doing the "father and son are polar opposites " thing from the original Frasier but in reverse. The old man is the stuffy intellectual and his son is a public servant But the son and the pregnant neighbor are weak ass characters and they are pretty central to the show.

The woman is insufferable. I'm sure they needed diversity in the cast but apparently there wasn't the budget for Regina King or Neicy Nash or Vanessa Williams or Taraji P Henson or ANY of the women with comedic chops who could handle this That character needed something like what sheryl Lee Ralph is serving up on Abbot Elementary.

The old buddy is a good counterpoint to Niles. Freddie has some promise.

There needs to be a Roz type character in the show. Maybe a department secretary or teaching assistant. I watch this show and each episode it's a disappointment in that they ALMOST got there but it just falls flat. It's watchable but not the quality you hoped for. No Emmy nominations coming out of this thing
    SPOILERS!! Don't read T5 lol.

Pretty spot on Daisy. The college administrator is terrible... especially when she is constantly trading barbs with "Corny", but then she is his constant companion in every scene at the bar, college office, functions and such.

Freddy showed some promise in the last episode when he gets drunk and his "higher learning" abilities come out, but as a fire fighter he's too smug and a dud. They try for the old Cheers mentality with the firehouse gang but it all falls flat with that small, hand picked diverse group.

Frasier bought the apartment building, so why should the son even live with him and not have his own place? stupid. The girl with the dead best friends baby is just horrible and gets way too much screen time. Who gives a fuck about her shitty acting career?

Too many characters. They need to cut some fat and establish a core group to bounce off each other. Niles son, David has potential... but he's too one note right now.

I was so disappointed with Lilith's return... at a bowling alley... ugh. No spark from her at all anymore and she used to just kill it back in the day in every scene. Plus she looked so old and tired... and she's like five years younger than Frasier.

It's watchable but I can't help but notice the flaws in every episode. Fans of Frasier who understand dynamics should be writing the show... not the How I Married Your Mother type of gang.

squelch radio
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

And for what it's worth, David Hyde Pierce has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to play Niles anymore.

You can catch him and Bebe Neuwirth on Julia playing new characters.

Sorry, Billy for hijacking your thread with Frasier talk.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Get a Roku or Fire TV or stick. Cost effective. Search out shit like Tubi and Pluto.
    I do not recommend a Firestick over the Roku. I have a pretty great near-1GB download internet set-up and the Firestick had a lot of stutters, dropped signals, etc. Plus the web browser is absolutely worthless. Virtually no problems with either the Roku stick or the Roku Ultra and I like the user interface a lot better. Plus at least the Roku Ultra has Apple Airplay.

Regarding programming, I have the Hulu+Disney/ESPN+No Ads & Recording package plus I have Amazon Prime anyway so I get their programming. I occasionally subscribe for a month or two to one of the other services like Netflix or AppleTV depending on if there's a certain shows I wanna catch.

I *was* a DirecTV subscriber for close to 2 decades and earlier this year they just pissed me off to the point of no return jacking up my bill with no notice, plus the cost was just getting too outrageous for what I was getting.

20. Number 47 Liked This Post