like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 06:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Not the start to the series the Leafs wanted.

Do they exorcise their Bostonian demons this series?

Who knows, but if they don’t that’s gotta be it for this lineup, right?
    Probably not. When they fail, everyone should be fired

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 09:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

The Capitals only got 21 shots on goal the entire game today. When are you down 3-1 heading into the third, and don't get your first shot on goal in the period until over 12 minutes have elapsed, I just don't know what to say.

Might be a very short series.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 06:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Probably not. When they fail, everyone should be fired

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk
    Treliving gets a pass, obviously. I’d even consider giving Keefe a pass because I think he’s a good coach, however I don’t think he survives it.

But regardless this lineup will have to be shaken UP if they don’t get to, at the very least, the third round this year.

Matthew’s is your one untouchable, I suppose. The rest of ‘em are fair game.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

05.24.24 @ 03:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The Capitals only got 21 shots on goal the entire game today. When are you down 3-1 heading into the third, and don't get your first shot on goal in the period until over 12 minutes have elapsed, I just don't know what to say.

Might be a very short series.
    Caps are HUGE underdogs going in. They are a very weak 8 seed. This will be a sweep or over in 5.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Treliving gets a pass, obviously. I’d even consider giving Keefe a pass because I think he’s a good coach, however I don’t think he survives it.

But regardless this lineup will have to be shaken UP if they don’t get to, at the very least, the third round this year.

Matthew’s is your one untouchable, I suppose. The rest of ‘em are fair game.
    Yeah, no way you trade Matthews. Elite goal scorer and now a solid 2-way #1 center. Building block.

Obviously, the goaltending will be the easiest to change. Samsonov and Jones are likely both gone. They will find a new goalie to pair with Woll.

Marner and Tavares are both on their last year of their deals in 2024-25. They could be dealt this summer with 1 year to go, but both have NMC, so they would have to agree with the trade......that is hard to say.

Willie Styles is on a new long term extension deal. Almost impossible to trade. Crazy that he missed game 1, something going on....

Bertuzzi and Domi are likely gone. Revo could get sent to AHL or bought out.

On Defense..... Brodie, Edmundson, Giordano and Lyubuskin are all gone. Would be difficult to trade Rielly on his long term deal. McCabe could be dealt.

Lots of changes coming.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Default NHL 2023-24 Season Thread - HOCKEY

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Yeah, no way you trade Matthews. Elite goal scorer and now a solid 2-way #1 center. Building block.

Obviously, the goaltending will be the easiest to change. Samsonov and Jones are likely both gone. They will find a new goalie to pair with Woll.

Marner and Tavares are both on their last year of their deals in 2024-25. They could be dealt this summer with 1 year to go, but both have NMC, so they would have to agree with the trade......that is hard to say.

Willie Styles is on a new long term extension deal. Almost impossible to trade. Crazy that he missed game 1, something going on....

Bertuzzi and Domi are likely gone. Revo could get sent to AHL or bought out.

On Defense..... Brodie, Edmundson, Giordano and Lyubuskin are all gone. Would be difficult to trade Rielly on his long term deal. McCabe could be dealt.

Lots of changes coming.
    Matthew’s is past the building block stage, I’d say. He’s nearly a veteran at this point but I know what you mean. He’s a generational goal scorer the likes of which we haven’t seen since Ovi came in the league.

I will say though, if the Leafs want to go the route of the Raptors in 2018, he could be the guy to go. Fire the coach and trade your best player for a group of assets that maybe will help the team in other ways when it actually means the most.

Because 69 goals in the regular season is a hell of an accomplishment and feat, but it means sweet dick all if you can’t get out of the first two round consistently. And that’s exactly the issue the Raps had leading up to their chip in 2019. They couldn’t get past the first couple rounds.

I’d consider trading Matthews for an elite goalie and a package of one or two solid Top 6-defensemen.

I know that’s crazy but I’m not sure it’s that crazy.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Matthew’s is past the building block stage, I’d say. He’s nearly a veteran at this point but I know what you mean. He’s a generational goal scorer the likes of which we haven’t seen since Ovi came in the league.

I will say though, if the Leafs want to go the route of the Raptors in 2018, he could be the guy to go. Fire the coach and trade your best player for a group of assets that maybe will help the team in other ways when it actually means the most.

Because 69 goals in the regular season is a hell of an accomplishment and feat, but it means sweet dick all if you can’t get out of the first two round consistently. And that’s exactly the issue the Raps had leading up to their chip in 2019. They couldn’t get past the first couple rounds.

I’d consider trading Matthews for an elite goalie and a package of one or two solid Top 6-defensemen.

I know that’s crazy but I’m not sure it’s that crazy.
    Not really a good comp with the Raptors. The Raptors got fuckin Kwahi Leonard (ALL NBA Franchise player)....lol... NOT a group of assets ..... hahaha!!! He was way better than Derozan and what they sent to the Spurs.

Would be difficult for the Leafs to "Upgrade" on AM34. Even in some crazy Lindros type package.....and that is what it would take!

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Not really a good comp with the Raptors. The Raptors got fuckin Kwahi Leonard (ALL NBA Franchise player)....lol... NOT a group of assets ..... hahaha!!! He was way better than Derozan and what they sent to the Spurs.

Would be difficult for the Leafs to "Upgrade" on AM34. Even in some crazy Lindros type package.....and that is what it would take!
    Yeah, and AM isn’t prime Lindros so we’re tied for ridiculous comparisons then.

I feel like they could certainly upgrade from a guy who just scores goals in the regular season that hasn’t done anything to push his team over the hump in the playoffs. He’s not a “get on my back, boys” player.

Will you ever get full tit-for-tat value at the time of the trade? Probably not.

But if you win a chip with the players coming back that added a different dimension to the team’s defense and depth, nobody will give a shit.

Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

Today @ 10:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedOld Guard15,000 VHL Life Points

Rangers D got stronger when they paired Schneider with Miller and moved Trouba to the third line.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Willie out again for Game 2.

Glad to see that juicy contract is paying dividends.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Yeah, and AM isn’t prime Lindros so we’re tied for ridiculous comparisons then.

I feel like they could certainly upgrade from a guy who just scores goals in the regular season that hasn’t done anything to push his team over the hump in the playoffs. He’s not a “get on my back, boys” player.

Will you ever get full tit-for-tat value at the time of the trade? Probably not.

But if you win a chip with the players coming back that added a different dimension to the team’s defense and depth, nobody will give a shit.

AM34 clearly follows this message board...haha.... He said STFU...lol... That was about the sickest rip on the game winning breakaway goal.

Added 2 assists as well.

AM34 is a better goal scorer than prime Lindros, but Lindros was a better passer. Lindros was also a one-man WRECKIN CREW, so he gets the edge there.

If we are just talking scoring and awards... Through their first 8 seasons....

AM34 - 368 goals - 281 Assists = 649 Points - 1 Hart, 3 Richard and 1 Calder - 2nd round of playoffs (47 playoff points)

Lindros - 290 goals - 369 Assists = 659 Points - 1 Hart - SC Final appearance (57 playoff points)

Pretty close. Lindros is in the HOF. AM34 making a good case early.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Damn you.... now I am down a stats wormhole on www.hockey-reference.com reliving the 95 & 96 playoffs....haha!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Bobrovsky...... YOUR BACK ON THE CASE!

Damn... that is a hell of a save.

Carter Verhaeghe then wins it in OT.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Bob Cole passed away last night. The voice of hockey in this country for half a century.

15. noise next door Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 07:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!Thee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points5,000 VHL Life Points

Unhappy

R.I.P. to Bob Cole. He was my favorite NHL announcer.

Last edited by YankeeRose; 04.25.24 at 12:59 PM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

17. noise next door Liked This Post