Last Online

Today @ 06:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    There is probably some of that.

But I also think there are generational gaps in the willingness to come out, even today.

My 3rd grade teacher was never married. My mom taught at the school and they’re friends. She’s at least in her late 70s. She came to our wedding with her “driver.” But it was career suicide until very recently for a teacher to be out in the slightest. Not to the class but seen at a restaurant by a parent holding hands with another woman or whatever. You had to be in total denial outside your home.

So I don’t think it’s a stretch to think someone like her would still not put gay on a survey. And I’d bet there’s a decent percentage of older people in hetero marriages who aren’t going to risk that answer on a survey either.

Looking at the survey, there is an increase at first from boomers to X, from X to millennials, then millennials to Z.

But the real driver of the gap seems to be “bisexual” and “other.” Other must in part be due to recent trans acceptance. Further, it was a BIG deal when NBA player Jason Collin’s came out. Yet a whole lot of indifference followed recent revelations former NBA star Dwight Howard engages in bisexual relations. I wonder how many older people just never thought fleeting same-sex thoughts meant bi and subsequent generations started to accept that more—and act on it?

So at least some of it has to do with each generation feeling safer to publicly be who they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good post.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

2. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Once again, I agree. What is the big deal with people using contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancies? I imagine that the overwhelming % of women who abort their babies will experience some sort of regret or guilt about it at some point in their lives. That is just being human.
    I can confirm this just in the miscarriages alone that me and my wife had. I could only imagine if it was a self terminated pregnancy.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I can confirm this just in the miscarriages alone that me and my wife had. I could only imagine if it was a self terminated pregnancy.

My wife and I went through 3 miscarriages, but the difference there is that we were really hoping to become parents. As you know, it's quite traumatic.

However, I'm sure that Stacy wasn't as upset about aborting Damone's baby. Unfortunately, there are plenty of times that abortion is, well I don't want to say 'celebratory,' but a relief to irresponsible young people who are not ready and do not want to be parents.

5. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

This is very simplistic, but it's the truth. Men do not get pregnant, yet they're the ones relentlessly doing everything they can to get in them drawls.

I keep hearing for decades that abstinence only doesn't work, but some abstinence does. I wish young girls would say no more often.

It may not be possible in this over sexed craze society, but it's not impossible to say no.

It's 5150 time!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

WCTBL
    Last Online

Today @ 06:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    I agree.

Do you think that 28% of Gen Z are actually LGBTQ? Is it possible that it has become "hip" to identify as LGBTQ? Only 4% of baby boomers identify as LGBTQ. That is a pretty remarkable discrepancy.
    I really appreciated lovemachine's response to your inquiry. As for me, I do think there are some young people who are exploring their sexuality and questioning gender norms as part of a social trend. They should be free to do so, and not be ridiculed or punished for that. They should, however, be well-educated and guided in their explorations. In my role as an ally to the LGBTQ Student Organization at my college, I've observed students following social trends versus those who authentically identify as part of the community. Most of those following a social trend become well-educated by those who authentically identify. When it comes down to it, there is a spectrum when it comes to sexuality and gender identification. It's a complicated issue and I do not have all the answers.
    <VH>

Damage your reputation
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

Not too complicated to me. There are two genders and hetero and homo sex. The end. I don't participate in the other make believe shit.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Not too complicated to me. There are two genders and hetero and homo sex. The end. I don't participate in the other make believe shit.
    It really ain't complicated

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

The problem is, you can't say that if you wanna keep your job.

Damage your reputation
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King75,000 VHL Life Points

Luckily my job doesn't require my opinion on that. If it did, I'd share it.

One of my co-workers is just on fire flaming. He's part of some group called sisters of perpetual indulgence down there in Cali. He was represented at a Dodgers game or something last year on their pride night. It's a truly reprehensible group of individuals really. Dressing as nuns, grinding on the cross etc. It's completely disgusting behavior. I think they just do it to get a rise out of people like me, which is fine. Sticks and stones right? Anyways, we give each other shit all the time. He's old school fag. Earned his stripes for equality the hard way back in the day in San Fran. Think Harvey Milk. He was part of all that. Had his ass kicked a bunch of times. I'm actually happy for him and his "husband" (wife, whatever) that they can live these days in peace. They fought for their rights for equality and won. Probably a little more than just won if you ask me, but that's beside the point. Point is, he's gay but he's not ridiculous like new age alphabet (spectrum) gay. We can joke about it like normal dudes joke because we're about the same age. He kids with me when I'm down there that there's some gentlemens establishments he'd like to take me to. I let him know I'd go but not unless he let's me take him to church. Then we laugh. Then I tell him he'd burst in to literal flames if he walked in. Then we laugh some more. It's healthy banter. We embrace differences and laugh about them. We both rock at our jobs, so there's respect. We just go about them very differently with very different styles. He calls himself a fag in self defacing reference sometimes. I wouldn't do that out of respect for what he's had to go through in his life.

Point is, this new age alphabet crap is nothing but Marxist bullshit. It's not about gay, which is a thing. It's about tearing up the fabric of our country and replacing it with something new. Division is at it's core. Not unity. I've said it before and I'll say it again, identity politics was an accelerant used to torch America, and the bastards are winning it would seem.

12. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 06:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Default 2024 General Election Races

No, youíll just call him an old school fag (whatever that means) behind his back on a message forum. Lol.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Damage your reputation
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:

My God. Like you're in any position to judge my relationship with said old school fag or not. For fucks sake. I think what I just described pretty accurately displays a picture of exactly how acceptance and unity can work despite even the ultimate differences in lifestyle but you want to focus on my description of him to some dickheads in an obscure forum. I've called him much worse than that to his face. He has to me as well. It might not fit your predisposed boxes of PC or whatever, but we make it work and have a respect for each other. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he's got much more respect for me than you do, so what does that say exactly?? I don't know, but something!

I have no problem with the word Fag. Neither does he (and neither do you, I've seen you use it a thousand fucking times).

I said, I would not use that term towards him out of respect to what he's been through, even though he liberally uses it himself. You won't find me calling him that derogatorily.

Now if I could go back in time a few posts and describe him? Yeah, I'd say old school fag. So would he.

Get off my jock, wth?

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Default 2024 General Election Races

You just said you would never call him a fag, but yet you called him a fag. Thatís my only point.

And secondly, not that itís any of your business, because apparently thatís our new game to play with each other, I donít use the word fag in real life. And I never have. Iíll say gay. Maybe as a joke, Iíll say homo. And when you find those thousand posts that I have used the word fag on here, Iíll give you $1000.

Congrats on your one gay friend that you can talk like that to. Gay men are still men.

Yeah, Iím off for jock dude. Donít worry. Do your thing. Youíve just said a couple things in the last few days that I havenít really liked. I canít help it. It bothered me.
    Webmaster

Atomic Punk
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 06:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Many of the same people who told everyone to "follow the science" when it came to the Covid vaccine refuse to do so when it comes to basic biology. Isn't that ironic? Don't ya' think?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Damage your reputation
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You just said you would never call him a fag, but yet you called him a fag. That’s my only point.
    It literally was your only point. Of all that was said, you wanted to make sure that the one thing you make a point to say is that. Whatevs. I think I explained it best I could.

And secondly, not that it’s any of your business, because apparently that’s our new game to play with each other, I don’t use the word fag in real life. And I never have. I’ll say gay. And when you find those thousand posts that I have used the word fag on here, I’ll give you $1000.
    Ok, a hundred. Probably two hundred. Wanna go a dollar per use? I'll go round em' up now. Site goes back a long way homie!

Congrats on your one gay friend that you can talk like that to.
    Thanks. He's an interesting dude. His lifestyle disgusts me, but I like him as a person. He says the same of me, I'm sure of it.

Gay men are still men.
    That's kind of what I was saying too.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I donít disagree. Youíre either gay or youíre not. All these other things donít make any sense to me either.
    Webmaster