H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 07:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Default Woke Sports stories

Sports Wars discusses Ivan Provorov and woke sports Leagues... Begins at 44:53

https://rumble.com/v26o908-shannon-s...-mob-nfl-.html
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

We've gone from equal rights under the law for gay people to "if you don't wear a rainbow flag we are going to cancel you".

Maybe LGBTQA+ needs to roll it back a bit and focus on the important stuff.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

3. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 02:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah in a span about 6 years we went from "lets support equal rights for gays and lesbians" to "you have to wear this or you will get cancelled, fired, or harassed"

Its not the show it used to be, but South Park nailed this stuff in 2002 with the Death Camp of Tolerance. Think about it 25 years ago they predicted this fake outrage. Granted it was about Mr Garrison having a gerbil shoved up his ass in class so he could get fired for being gay. Anyway Mr Garrison eventually sees what all this means and said this. Granted this is from two stoners in 2002

"Tolerant, but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it! If you had to like it, it'd be called the Museum of Acceptance! [the audience looks on] "Tolerate" means you're just putting up with it! You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or, or you tolerate a bad cold. It can still piss you off! Jesus Tapdancing Christ!"

5. sinner's swing, bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 07:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

I have absolutely no feeling on this whole issue. I donít know anything about this player. I donít give two shits about hockey, and I really havenít paid that much attention to any of this. But I will say that I believe most bigots do hide their bigotry under the guise of ďreligious beliefs.Ē Meanwhile, Iím sure this guy is a giant hypocrite because heís probably had sex out of wedlock. And if he hasnít, heís probably one of the few on this planet who hasnít. So this religious bullshit is exactly that. Bullshit. And if heís not having sex out of wedlock, I guarantee you thereís something else in the Bible that heís not following verbatim.

Again, Iím not anti-religion. I believe in God. But Iím anti-people using it as a reason to be a bigot. Just admit you donít like gay people. Stop hiding behind religion like a coward.

Iím pretty confident that Jesus Christ or God, or whomever would not want the Bible (if we take it be more than a glorified fairytale), to be used to promote hatred and bigotry. Because thatís what a lot of people do.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

7. T.B. Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

This issue reminds me so much of the California baker case. You have two groups of stubborn people both hiding their bigotry behind "religion".

I just wish people would truly be tolerant. And the LGBT lobby is anything but tolerant these days. "We want an lgbt night at the arena" ,"k, we don't this for any other minority group but sure". That's now turned to if anyone associated with the team doesn't celebrate it the way we want then we will destroy them. That's not tolerance, that's fucking evil.

All that said, you're on the team - wear the stupid rainbow logo during pregame skate.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

9. Brett Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

As an example my work has all sorts of pride stuff. If they forced all their staff to wear rainbow shirts,I think we should be able to tell them that we don't want to without being ostracized.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Sports Wars discusses Ivan Provorov and woke sports Leagues... Begins at 44:53

https://rumble.com/v26o908-shannon-s...-mob-nfl-.html
    500 Service Unavailable

Edit- Ok. I searched it. Fuck the mob. If you listen to fools... the mob rules!

12. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

I don't think refusing to wear a Pride jersey is anything with being a bigot. A bigot will go out their way to demean, harass, or intimidate a person. Not wearing a jersey doesn't define this for me. Wearing a jersey that says "Gays are going to hell" "Die F@g Die" or something like that is a bigot.

Just because you don't support a cause doesn't mean you are a bigot. I will put up with a ton of shit because I am civil human being. Take trans movement. I don't like it. I think its child abuse. That said I am not going to wear a shirt condeming it. I also am not going to wear a shirt falsely proclaiming my love for it either. I just will be toleratnt like my South Park quote.

What would happen if the 76'ers decided to force people to eat bacon and there were some Muslims on the team? Should they be forced to eat it? How about non-Kosher meat if there were Jewish people? He is Eastern Orthodox and he has the right to believe in what he believes. Just like that Muslim. Just like everybody else. Now of course the team could cut him and all that. Would get sued to high hell but still they could.

Again we lost the meaning of tolerance. Not proclaiming love for something doesn't mean you are a bigot. Maybe you are but that act has nothing to do with it.

14. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Ever since they started advocating for the genital mutilation of children and teenagers, my support for the LGBTQA+ movement has waned.

And just to head LM off at the pass, I know it isn't very many cases in comparison to our population. That's not the point...for me.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

16. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Its really common sense. Does your professional hockey team need to have a night where you force the team to wear a LGB....jersey? You may want to do it but is it actually "needed" No. You can support the cause by a sizable donation of money. Maybe ticket proceeds for a special night. You can ask your team "hey we want to sponsor an event....could some of you volunteer to be there as a represenative of the team?"

I wouldn't wear it. I am sympathetic and have been to gay rights. The right to be married. Even with me being saved, I still support it. Equal rights for basic needs in society. I may disagree with it from a religion standpoint but I also realize we are a republic. Forcing an employee to do something like this without giving consideration to their religion or beliefs is wrong. Just like if the 76'ers wanted a Jesus night on Dec 25. Have their team wear crosses on their jerseys,. That is wrong too. Even if they did, and a Jewish, Muslim, athiest, agnostic, Buddhist, Shinto, etc said "No" Ok I agree with their position. I do still believe the team would be wrong.

We simply lost the ability to discern between need and want.

18. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Ever since they started advocating for the genital mutilation of children and teenagers, my support for the LGBTQA+ movement has waned.

And just to head LM off at the pass, I know it isn't very many cases in comparison to our population. That's not the point...for me.
    I totally get your and others' position on this and I am really not in disagreement.

Sometimes it is hard on a board like this because it doesn't work the same way as conversations work, and it's harder to talk in the same way I would talk to a friend or family about this, which is a lot softer than it often ends up being online. So it comes across as combative or contrary in ways that I don't believe it would in person.

I finally finished last week's Real Time and then I watched the Overtime segment on YouTube where they had Bill Barr join in. And wouldn't you know it, they had an interesting conversation about abortion and they all came to the conclusion that we need to compromise and pass laws where the right (say, 15 weeks) and the left (24 weeks) meet in the middle (say, 20 weeks).

And it made me think about how close most people actually are on some issues. I think advocating a particular treatment for children when you are not that family and not that doctor and when we are in the infancy of our knowledge about all of this is wrong. No one should be that sure elective surgery is the answer. I just had a friend get top surgery. I hope it makes them happy. It also made me think about what if that happened at 16 and they regretted it at, say, 32. You can sort of reverse it, but not really.

I think, like a lot of things, the most extreme voices get disproportionate attention. My friend who got the surgery is about as far left as you can get, and I don't think they would advocate surgery for those under 18. I can't imagine they would. Because even this person doesn't know if they want to go full eggplant and has been a legal adult going on 15 years.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    This issue reminds me so much of the California baker case. You have two groups of stubborn people both hiding their bigotry behind "religion".

I just wish people would truly be tolerant. And the LGBT lobby is anything but tolerant these days. "We want an lgbt night at the arena" ,"k, we don't this for any other minority group but sure". That's now turned to if anyone associated with the team doesn't celebrate it the way we want then we will destroy them. That's not tolerance, that's fucking evil.

All that said, you're on the team - wear the stupid rainbow logo during pregame skate.

And I agree with this.

Itís just unnecessary to make a spectacle out of it. Just fucking wear that thing for a few minutes and then move on with your life.

Not everything needs to be a personal statement. Youíre an employee of a team and are most likely expected to take part in team-related activities and promotions. Iím pretty sure thatís probably in their contracts.

They werenít exactly asking him to commit a murder.
    Webmaster

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I still think forcing somebody to wear a religious symbol they donít agree with compared to wearing a rainbow-colored number on their uniform for 10 minutes is a far different thing.

I donít have a problem putting my personal beliefs aside for the betterment of humanity. And letís say wearing a cross on my uniform for a few minutes would somehow be supporting gay rights or whatever, I would do it. And I wouldnít say anything about it.

As a Jew living in the US, Iíve spent my whole life dealing with people who donít like me. Itís even more prevalent now than ever. So Iím used to just compromising myself for things that just really arenít that important in the grand scheme. And wearing a silly uniform with rainbow numbers on for 10 minutes would be one of those things for me.

Hereís an example. Remember that story about the Marshall football team and all the players and coaches who died in 1971. And then West Virginia wore crosses on their helmets to remember those people? If I played for West Virginia, do you really think I wouldnít wear that on my helmet because Iím Jewish? Of course I would because of what the idea of doing it stands for. It doesnít matter I donít agree with the ideology of Christianity. Thatís not the point.
    Webmaster

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:

This might make me a horrible person, but here goes.

I was sub-contracting to a Big 4 Accounting Firm for six years, and they started really pushing the "I Stand Against Racism" motto. Fine, I totally agree with it, I don't like racism either, most people don't.

But then, they recommended I put an "I Stand Against Racism" logo around my corporate picture and put it in my email signature block. I told them no. Not because I am for racism, but because I think a little logo and statement in my signature block is stupid. I find all this virtue signaling so tiresome. I just want to go to work, do my job, and go home to my family at the end of the day.

If that makes me an asshole, I can understand how someone can think that, but I just find all the stickers and bows and everything so tiresome.

23. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    This might make me a horrible person, but here goes.

I was sub-contracting to a Big 4 Accounting Firm for six years, and they started really pushing the "I Stand Against Racism" motto. Fine, I totally agree with it, I don't like racism either, most people don't.

But then, they recommended I put an "I Stand Against Racism" logo around my corporate picture and put it in my email signature block. I told them no. Not because I am for racism, but because I think a little logo and statement in my signature block is stupid. I find all this virtue signaling so tiresome. I just want to go to work, do my job, and go home to my family at the end of the day.

If that makes me an asshole, I can understand how someone can think that, but I just find all the stickers and bows and everything so tiresome.
    Now that I wouldnít want to have to do. First of all, it should be accepted that you probably stand against racism. Lol. Why would you need to announce that? And no, I donít think that needs to be a part of your email signature. Thatís just stupid.

I just donít believe that stuff needs to be forced in someoneís corporate communications and stuff like that. I donít agree with that.
    Webmaster

25. Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post