Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Wolf suggests ex VH members are dysfunctional

https://www.loudersound.com/news/wol...ign=socialflow

Wolfgang Van Halen discusses the potential of a Van Halen reunion in Classic Rock magazine, and says playing VH songs at the Taylor Hawkins tribute concerts "delivered that catharsis" for him

In Classic Rock, Wolfgang goes on to say that the Van Halen camp is "dysfunctional", and therefore difficult to organise any large projects with.

"When it comes to Van Halen and entities surrounding the band it’s unfortunate, certainly compared to Foo Fighters who have their shit together with inter-personal relationships" he says.

"I don’t know what it is with some bands but certain personalities just can’t get over themselves to work collectively for one purpose – that’s been the curse of Van Halen for its entire career. So my playing at the Taylor shows delivered that catharsis without the stresses of dealing with the Van Halen camp, and the players involved. Their camp is very dysfunctional – everyone! – hell, it was difficult to make plans even when the band was active."

Dave Ling also asks Wolfgang about Hagar's recent comments in the aforementioned Rolling Stone interview, in which he admits that he'd "love to play those songs again”.

"He said that, but he also said he wouldn’t" says Van Halen. "Sammy said two different things. No… I feel that I’ve said my piece, and if the Taylor concerts are all that happens then I’m happy with that."

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Um..that includes you too, Wolf.

So is Sam’s love affair with Wolf over now?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

3. Darrin Stephens, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/wol...ign=socialflow

Wolfgang Van Halen discusses the potential of a Van Halen reunion in Classic Rock magazine, and says playing VH songs at the Taylor Hawkins tribute concerts "delivered that catharsis" for him

In Classic Rock, Wolfgang goes on to say that the Van Halen camp is "dysfunctional", and therefore difficult to organise any large projects with.

"When it comes to Van Halen and entities surrounding the band it’s unfortunate, certainly compared to Foo Fighters who have their shit together with inter-personal relationships" he says.

"I don’t know what it is with some bands but certain personalities just can’t get over themselves to work collectively for one purpose – that’s been the curse of Van Halen for its entire career. So my playing at the Taylor shows delivered that catharsis without the stresses of dealing with the Van Halen camp, and the players involved. Their camp is very dysfunctional – everyone! – hell, it was difficult to make plans even when the band was active."

Dave Ling also asks Wolfgang about Hagar's recent comments in the aforementioned Rolling Stone interview, in which he admits that he'd "love to play those songs again”.

"He said that, but he also said he wouldn’t" says Van Halen. "Sammy said two different things. No… I feel that I’ve said my piece, and if the Taylor concerts are all that happens then I’m happy with that."
    That's what we've all been saying about VH for years! No real newsflash here...other than Wolf actually admitting it.

5. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post

The one thing I have to give Wolfgang props for is his articulation in interviews. He is well spoken and usually congenial.

Couldn’t agree more with him regarding Hagar…there’s always some sort of contradiction coming from his mouth.

7. Majestic, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 04:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Van Halen has always put the fun in dysfunctional.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

9. Zahzoo, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:39 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I think the EVH tribute would happen someone outside the VH alumni ran it.

The Hawkins tributes showed how easily VH tunes could be performed without dysfunctional bs.

I would really like to hear what the actual holdup is. It was really great to hear VH live again with On Fire, Panama and Hot For Teacher x2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 12:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Gotta wonder if he's speaking about exclusively Dave or both Dave and Alex. I know he said Dave in that recent interview but it seems like he's hinting at both.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    MAMMOTH WVH: 2x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO/MONTROSE/CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 26x (@ Cabo Wabo Cantina 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Gary 2x, almost Dave & Wolf

12. NDL Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Um..that includes you too, Wolf.

So is Sam’s love affair with Wolf over now?
    Sam is transactional. When he thought Wolf would be in the drivers seat of VH he loved everything about the kid. Once he realized VH is Alex and Dave it was Wolf who? No ill feelings I'm sure but no longer a means to an end. It is who Sam is.

Outside of maybe Mike saying VH tribe all dysfunctional is not wrong really and pretty fair. I do think Alex and Dave do eventual do something but they never do anything in a straight line in the best of times. Al in charge without Ed is not a gig he ever thought he would do, it is not easy plus life stuff happens more often in your 60s for everyone

14. Model Citizen Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.02.22 @ 03:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsVeteranMaster Praiser

Well, he used the word "everyone", so I'm guessing he means everyone - including Dave, Alex, Sammy, Michael and probably even himself.

In other news, this just in: Water is wet.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Dude's just speaking the straightforward truth, which is the most upfront anybody has been about VH in decades, if maybe ever.

Glad to hear the Taylor Hawkins shows were cathartic for Wolf. He really looked like he enjoyed himself and this was on his terms, nobody else's. Interested in reading the full interview soon.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

It’s ironic to hear him talk about dysfunction when he seems to have inherited that x10.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

18. CaboChris, Rebel Yell5 Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    Well, he used the word "everyone", so I'm guessing he means everyone - including Dave, Alex, Sammy, Michael and probably even himself.

In other news, this just in: Water is wet.
    You could probably add Gary to that list to. Even if he comes across as normal except on stage. Extreme also has a finished record and has not even released one single song off of it or played one new song live this year.

Van Halen isn't the only dysfunctional band. Extreme is to. Sure they played some live shows this year but most bands just don't sit on a finished record for years and years like Extreme has. There is definitely some dysfunction with that band and for them it's either Gary or Nuno or both.

20. Majestic Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 04:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

Exclamation

"He said that, but he also said he wouldn’t" says Van Halen. "Sammy said two different things. No… I feel that I’ve said my piece, and if the Taylor concerts are all that happens then I’m happy with that.

Wolfgang Van Halen states that he thinks the likelihood of a reunion happening is slim, and says that he personally is not interested in taking part.

When asked by Classic Rock's Dave Ling to clarify the rumours and the reunion's yo-yo-ing likelihood (WVH previously said he didn't "see it happening" but later machinations were detailed involving the guitarist in the press, suggesting that he was going to be involved) he replies: "I think I already did it with the Taylor Hawkins tributes. I feel a lot of closure because my part of the show was a tribute to my father."

So Wolfie has closure on a tribute show to his father because he played a few VH songs at a Foo Fighter's drummer tribute?

How lame of Wolfie to mention Sammy Hagar's name as a reason for no tribute to Edward.

Sammy Hagar along with Mikey are the only ones who showed up and played at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction for VH. Sammy Hagar jams with other musicians constantly. Just watch his T.V. show. Sammy even put a duet with Gary Cherone singing When It's Love on his live CD.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 11:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

I will rip everybody including Wolfgang.

Lets face it on the level of dysfunction three living people come to mind. None of them rhyme with Hike.

23. Zahzoo, CaboChris, NDL, Majestic Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 10:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

No disrespect to Wolf, but even if I'm glad he got closure, I didn't. At all. It's like if Aric Van Halen ran a race in honor of Eddie. Good for you kid, I'm glad the family's tight.

Now I want a tribute involving the people who were in the band 1974-1996. The peak of VH.

We all know VH is dysfunctional. We've known it for decades. But we THOUGHT that the passing of EVH, a very sad event, would be enough to bring people together. It's the single most dramatic event in the band's history.

Apparently, it isn't enough. Well that's on the surviving VH band members, and it's deplorable.

SHAME ON THEM.
    Little Dreamer