Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Today @ 04:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee KingPic Poster50,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

Default More names added to the LA Taylor Hawkins tribute concert

Louder

More names added to the LA Taylor Hawkins tribute concert

By Scott Munro published about 8 hours ago

The second concert dedicated to late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins will take place on Tuesday - and more artists have been added to the bill.

What artists will be appearing?

Earlier this month, stars from across the music world gathered at London's Wembley Stadium to pay tribute to Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins who died in March this year.

It was an incredible event which saw musicians from across a host of genres come together over the course of more than six hours to pay their respects to the late Foos drummer.

It was a concert which included a multitude of highlights including AC/DC's Brian Johnson belting through Back In Black and Let There Be Rock, and 16 year old Shane Hawkins did his father proud by pounding his way through an emotional performance of My Hero.

Focus now switches to the Kia Forum in Inglewood, California on Tuesday, September 27 for the second Taylor Hawkins tribute concert ­- an event which has now added even more artists to the bill.

Joining the previously announced cast list are Tool's Danny Carey, Soundgarden's Kim Thayil and Matt Cameron, Motley Crue's Tommy Lee, Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless, Jon Davison from Yes, Def Leppard's Rick Savage, along with Tommy Brenneck, Elliot Easton, Nate Wood and Andrew Wyatt.

In addition, The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins, who appeared at the Wembley show, will now also take to the stage in LA.

CAN I STREAM THE TAYLOR HAWKINS TRIBUTE CONCERT?

Tickets for the Los Angeles event sold out in double quick time and after the Wembley show was streamed live and on-demand on Paramount+, Pluto TV and MTV, many fans hoped it would be the same for the Kia Forum concert. However, at the time of writing, there's been no official word on this - although we are hopeful that at the very least it'll be filmed for a future release. If this changes, we'll let you know.

You can still watch the Wembley concert on-demand through a Paramount+ subscription(opens in new tab).

WHAT ARTISTS WILL BE APPEARING?

Some of the names that will be attending the show who weren't on the bill for the London concert include Def Leppard's Joe Elliott and Phil Collen, Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler, Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx, Heart legend Nancy Wilson, Red Hot Chili Pepper Chad Smith, Joan Jett, Alanis Morissette, Sebastian Bach, Pink, Leann Rimes and Brad Wilk.

Faces who played in London and will return for the LA show include Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, Brian May, John Paul Jones, Stewart Copeland, Lars Ulrich and Wolfgang Van Halen.

Money raised from the concert will benefit Music Support UK and the Recording Academy's MusicCares.
    Last edited by James in New York; 09.28.22 at 07:00 AM.
    Beauty is life when life unveils
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

Beauty is eternity gazing at itself
    in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

2. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Veteran2,000 VHL Life Points

Thanks for all the post James.

I would really love to see this show tomorrow night; I really enjoyed the Wembley show. Keeping my fingers crossed for some surprise guest whom appear to be in the L.A. area this week.

4. James in New York, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee KingPic Poster50,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points

Who are you hoping for?
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Veteran2,000 VHL Life Points

Anyone who has been part of the Van Halen history. I would love to see this type of Taylor Hawkins / Freddie Mercury tribute for Edward and perhaps this could be the catalyst of making it happen.

7. James in New York Liked This Post
    Bullethead

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.03.22 @ 02:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    3 Months RegisteredWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life PointsPadawan Praiser

September 27 is also Cliff Burton's anniversary of his passing so it would be nice if Lars and Dave did one his songs as well. I don't know if Taylor was a fan of classic Metallica but it's just an incredible opportunity to honor both at the same time, like Wolfgang did for his father. We shall see!

9. James in New York, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 02:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Looking forward to seeing what WVH has in store for the show.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

11. James in New York, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

12.03.22 @ 12:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

From Nirvana we have Dave, Krist and Pat. I would be pretty surprised if we don't get Joan Jett with the surviving members of Nirvana.
    I'm 100% for that.
    There's two kinds of music: There's music I like, and there's music I don't like.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Members of Tool, Motley Crue, Soundgarden and More Added to Second Taylor Hawkins Tribute Show

Jordan Blum

Published: September 24, 2022

Earlier this month (Sept. 3), Foo Fighters – and their many musical guests – blew everyone away with the first of two tribute concerts in honor of late drummer Taylor Hawkins. Naturally, fans have been clamoring to learn more about who’ll be playing at the second show, and luckily, the band has just revealed a few more enticing names.

Yesterday, Foo Fighters took to Twitter to announce what seems to be the complete line-up for the performance (which will take place at Los Angeles’ Kia Forum on Sept. 27). In addition to returning favorites such as Josh Homme, Kesha, Stewart Copeland, Travis Barker, Chris Chaney, Violet Grohl, Justin Hawkins, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, the group unveiled that Tool’s Danny Carey, Mötley Crüe’s Tommy Lee, Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil, The Pretty Reckless’ Taylor Momsen and Def Leppard’s Phil Collen and Joe Elliot have joined the celebration.

You can see the full Twitter post (with plenty of enthusiastic reactions) below:

More names announced for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert in Los Angeles, Sept. 27th.

5pm PT Doors Open
    7pm PT Show Begins #TaylorHawkinsTribute pic.twitter.com/P1QH1IUtS6

— Foo Fighters (@foofighters) September 23, 2022
    As of now, the full roster of bands includes (in alphabetical order): Sebastian Bach, Travis Barker, Tommy Brenneck, Geezer Butler, Matt Cameron, Danny Carey, Chris Chaney, Chevy Metal, Phil Collen, Stewart Copeland, Miley Cyrus, Jon “Juano” Davison, Elliot Easton, Joe Elliot, Josh, Freese, Violet Grohl, Omar Hakim, Justin Hawkins, Shane Hawkins, Josh Homme, James Gang, Joan Jett, Alain Johannes, John Paul Jones, Kesha, Mark King, Greg Kurstin, Geddy Lee, Tommy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Brian May, Taylor Momsen, Alanis Morissette, Krist Novoselic, P!nk, Mark Ronson, Rick Savage, Nikki Sixx, Chad Smith, Luke Spiller, Roger Taylor, Rufus Taylor, Kim Thayil, Jon Theodore, Lars Ulrich, Wolfgang Van Halen, Brad Wilk, Nancy Wilson, Patrick Wilson, Nate Wood and Andrew Wyatt.

(Note that both LeAnn Rimes and Kiss’ Gene Simmons were removed from the line-up.)

Keep in mind that the show will begin at 7:00PM PT / 10:00PM ET, with doors opening two hours earlier. As with the Sept. 3 concert at Wembley Stadium, merch and ticket sales will benefit Music Support and MusiCares (both charities chosen by the Hawkins family).
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

14. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

12.03.22 @ 12:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

I'm hoping to see Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron and Geezer Butler play together. Do some Soundgarden and Sabbath.

I don't who they get to sing. Bach? Miley? P!nk?
    There's two kinds of music: There's music I like, and there's music I don't like.

16. James in New York Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Little Intruder View Post
    September 27 is also Cliff Burton's anniversary of his passing so it would be nice if Lars and Dave did one his songs as well. I don't know if Taylor was a fan of classic Metallica but it's just an incredible opportunity to honor both at the same time, like Wolfgang did for his father. We shall see!
    I remember when Dave and Taylor hosted a release party for Death Magnetic with the band.

18. James in New York Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.03.22 @ 11:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Whos' gonna sing for Wolf? He could probably handle both.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

RIP EVH 10/6/20

20. James in New York Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Wonder if Wolf will be on guitar or drums?

I'm sure he'll post a hint soon!
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post
    I'm hoping to see Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron and Geezer Butler play together. Do some Soundgarden and Sabbath.

I don't who they get to sing. Bach? Miley? P!nk?
    Richie Kotzen sounds exactly like Cornell , he should be invited.

Pink might handle some VH
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

23. James in New York Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Miley Cyrus and Pink spotted leaving the Kia Forum in Los Angeles after rehearsing for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute concert

By Brian Gallagher

Just a day before late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins will be honored by a slew of music luminaries, some like Miley Cyrus and Pink were spotted leaving rehearsal.

The 29-year-old Cyrus and 43-year-old Pink were both spotted leaving the Kia Forum in Los Angeles, where the star-studded concert will be held.

Also spotted leaving rehearsal was Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee and his wife Brittany Furlan.

Just a day before late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins will be honored by a slew of music luminaries, some like Miley Cyrus and Pink were spotted leaving rehearsal.

Miley stepped out wearing a large black hat with matching black sunglasses and a black leather halter top that showed off her toned midriff.

She also had a silver necklace with a gold belt around her tight black pants while she carried a black leather coat and purse.

The singer completed her look with knee-high black leather boots while accessorizing with a gold bracelet.

Pink opted for a low-cut black top with a black trucker's cap while carrying a black and red flannel shirt.

She also had large gold hoop earrings with white jeans with large rips over the knees, while carrying a bottled beverage.

She completed her look with black platform heeled boots while leaving the venue.

Tommy Lee opted for a plain white t-shirt with a long necklace and rolled-up black pants and black shoes.

The concert on Tuesday will be the second tribute to the late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, with the first taking place at London's Wembley Stadium on September 3.

The full lineup for the concert was announced on Friday, with music legends such as Travis Barker, Joan Jett, Kesha, Lars Ulrich, Mark Ronson and many more.

There will also be a number of sons of rock legends with Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie Van Halen's son) and Taylor's sons Shane and Justin Hawkins.
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Fuck! This shit doesn't even start till 10pm on the East coast.