drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 01:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Just read that Hyundai is building a 5 billion EV production plant in Georgia. It's the future like it or not tho.
    Yup.....it's happening no matter how you feel about it and it's not a free market event.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 11:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King15,000 VHL Life Points

Just read that Hyundai is building a 5 billion EV production plant in Georgia. It's the future like it or not tho.
    We've been an EV family for 7 years now...my wife for the environmental side of things; for me, they're just a better product (better handling, a hoot to drive, safer, cheaper to operate).

Specific to Hyundai, my wife just bought a new Kona EV - which was the same price as a internal combustion engine version...Hyundai / Kia make really good products. Good for Georgia on getting that factory!
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

3. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

06.25.22 @ 03:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

They're overreaching, and they're over ambitious: the cost of electric vehicles is prohibitively high for most consumers, And unlike Obama, Biden has no "cash for clunkers" program to incentivize electric car purchases.

Obama had certain objectives, but he seemed to be more thoughtful in how he directed things, whereas Biden seems to be acting more in haste.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

"Eddie may have passed, but he will NEVER die!"

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 11:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    the cost of electric vehicles is prohibitively high for most consumers
    That's a misnomer...F150 Lightning starts at $40K, Model 3 is basically the same as a BMW 3 series, my wifes Kona was the same price as an internal combustion engine. Then if you layer on operating costs (reduced cost of electricity vs. gas, no oil changes, replacement mufflers / radiators / etc) - they're cheaper to run.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Specific to Hyundai, my wife just bought a new Kona EV - which was the same price as a internal combustion engine version...Hyundai / Kia make really good products. Good for Georgia on getting that factory!
    Stateside, there's a huge disparity between the Kona EV and the standard version. I don't know why the huge disparity between products exist: internal combustion engines are very sophisticated nowadays, and they aren't inexpensive to produce. And I can't imagine that the cost of battery packs is high enough to justify the price differential between gas cars and EV versions.

The nice thing about an EV is near maintenance free operation, and not having to refuel the car continually. The crummy thing...I have family a couple of hours away; I can only imagine what family gatherings would be like - with all of the attendees fighting over who gets to plug their car in first. They need to get an EV charging station network up and running first, before these things become truly marketable.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    That's a misnomer...F150 Lightning starts at $40K, Model 3 is basically the same as a BMW 3 series, my wifes Kona was the same price as an internal combustion engine. Then if you layer on operating costs (reduced cost of electricity vs. gas, no oil changes, replacement mufflers / radiators / etc) - they're cheaper to run.
    It's not a misnomer for people looking at inexpensive vehicles. Stateside, the Maverick hybrid starts at 20k, and it achieves in the low 40's (mpg's) in city driving.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Seriously, is that what's driving all of this?

Do you have any nuggets you might throw me, which would help me in searching this out?

I'm intrigued.

Why? Because no other intellectual approach makes sense: in the immediate Charlotte area are two nuclear power plants; nuclear waste is a nasty thing to dispose of. I've been trying to add the pieces together, unsuccessfully.
    Well, I think the basics correlate pretty nicely across Judeo-Christian beliefs. And it definitely isn't my idea. I first heard Michael Crichton make this argument.

But in my anecdotal experience talking about these things with leftists, I don't deny their passion, but there are some chasms that haven't actually been worked out. And there doesn't seem to be any room for weighting cost versus benefit, nor changing directions as science brings more knowledge.

Because if you're telling me the world should spend trillions and trillions and if--and only if--everyone keeps their promises, we will slow--not reverse, but slow--warming by 0.3 of 1 degree Fahrenheit in 100 years, then I have a way, way better use of resources that would yield much better results.

So it does seem to have the rigidity of something that was pure, now isn't, there is a set path to salvation and you're either a sinner or a saint.

One other point of note: In April, Biden said he was going to release one million gallons daily, from the strategic reserves, for six months, to drop prices. That was in April; haven't heard anything since.
    So what's he doing to bring those prices down? Talk is cheap.
    Like I wrote, he has definitely done things that don't help and the things that do help, well, he hasn't really done much there.

At the same time, low global production is the main aspect driving these prices, so whatever he does wouldn't do much.

And I just want to point out--just so we aren't all freaking out about what he said--that the main thrust of his point was prices should come down.

But Chris is also right that talk...doesn't do a whole lot.

9. NDL Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Well, I think the basics correlate pretty nicely across Judeo-Christian beliefs. And it definitely isn't my idea. I first heard Michael Crichton make this argument.

But in my anecdotal experience talking about these things with leftists, I don't deny their passion, but there are some chasms that haven't actually been worked out. And there doesn't seem to be any room for weighting cost versus benefit, nor changing directions as science brings more knowledge.

Because if you're telling me the world should spend trillions and trillions and if--and only if--everyone keeps their promises, we will slow--not reverse, but slow--warming by 0.3 of 1 degree Fahrenheit in 100 years, then I have a way, way better use of resources that would yield much better results.

So it does seem to have the rigidity of something that was pure, now isn't, there is a set path to salvation and you're either a sinner or a saint.

Like I wrote, he has definitely done things that don't help and the things that do help, well, he hasn't really done much there.

At the same time, low global production is the main aspect driving these prices, so whatever he does wouldn't do much.

And I just want to point out--just so we aren't all freaking out about what he said--that the main thrust of his point was prices should come down.

But Chris is also right that talk...doesn't do a whole lot.
    What I wish these guys would do is at least apologize to the American people. Be honest and say, "You're having a rough time under my watch and I'm trying my best to help you...."

They can't because all they care about is reelection.

Don't say that high gas prices are a good thing. It would be nice to have candor and remorse.

11. MD 5150, NDL Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Sorry based on the history of the past 18 months or so, I think its pretty clear that Biden's words were spot on that he will do whatever he can to force us to use green energy. Oil prices be damnged. Sorry the proof is in the pudding with his EO's numerous speaches and what he said yesterday. Of course he is trying to polish a turd but he is doing everything in his power to hurt the American people to push a green energy narrative

Sure he may release our Strategic reserves (which is a terrible idea likely with the ned game of deplating it to even force us further to green ) I got 18 months of speeches and EO's that show he doesn't like oil. He doesn't want to use oil and he wants us to move to EV. So yes those words are not out of context. He is ok of pain if it transitions us.

We have people who are taking a 10% pay cut. We have people who are struggling. I am ok due to a pay raise that now is washed away. So breaking even. However its not unicorns, midgets, and strippers out there.

He is on record saying if you buy an EV, you can save 80 bucks a month on fuel. So take on a 500-600 cary payment so you can save 80 bucks. So now you are in the hole 420-500.
    St Pete is on record saying buy electric

He chimed last December of saving 2 cents. Now inflation is all Putin's fault

This guy is a fraud. A sham. He is killing us and is wiling to do it. Sorry done with giving him the benefit of the doubt. At times you need to do shit to help the people. Not push a narrative. He is choosing the latter.

Green Energy is no different than Big Oil. Anybody associated with them is going to get rich. You think Al Gore has not benefitted from his "cause" You think Climate Researchers in colleges are not making a shit load more money on grants than they did 20 years ago? 10 years ago? Everybody is getting rich on this. Its a simple shell game.

He is the freaking president. WE need solutions. Not narratives. The solution to ease inflation isn't to push green energy which is a long game at best. You need to reduce prices. How in the living fuck of fucks can we do that by having people spend money on EV's? I just had to buy a car and guess what? ST Pete hasn't solved the fucking chip shortage htat was suppsoed to be transitory likee inflation last year. Go try. Hey get an EV. You know how much my electricity went up over the past year? A shit load. So you gotta charge it plus using more electricity

I know this guy is the adult in the room. He may be but he si the worst president by far in my lifetime. Everything he touches turns to shit. I would love ot know what we have accomplished due to his leadership . What has gottten better due to him. Covid is due to vaccines developed under his predecessors watch and Omnicron. Gas up. Food up. Job market is maybe where it was at before Covid. Debt up. Chip shortage sitll going on. OTher shit isn't found. Border is worse. Everything pretty much is worse than it was the day bofore COVID. Day before January 5th.

Sorry for going on a rant but I am sick and tired of people defneding this person.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Today @ 01:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

CaboChris needs this shirt.

14. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    CaboChris needs this shirt.

I would proudly wear that.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Who is defending Biden on this topic outside of mentioning, correctly, he's polishing a turd, politicians never own anything, and that he also mentions in the same speech doing things to lower prices, like encouraging a global increase in production.

Everything else is about how his administration has mishandled this and/or is making it worse.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Today @ 01:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

There is noway to defend Biden. He was the great hope back to normalcy. If that's what this is, I don't ever want to see normalcy again.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 01:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    There is noway to defend Biden. He was the great hope back to normalcy. If that's what this is, I don't ever want to see normalcy again.
    He hasn't really done much of anything to be honest. In normal times, I'd say that was a good thing. Not so much now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    He hasn't really done much of anything to be honest. In normal times, I'd say that was a good thing. Not so much now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure this is the most mediocre do nothing, accomplished nothing presidency in my lifetime. Obama got Obama Care passed for a little while at least and got Bin Laden.