Jack White details his relationship with Eddie Van Halen and the EVH Wolfgang

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/jac...n-evh-wolfgang

In a new interview, the White Stripes guitar hero shares what attracted him to the high-performance electric guitar, as well as his interactions with EVH himself.

During his tenure with garage-rock kings The White Stripes, Jack White was synonymous with a motley crew of pawn shop electric guitars, in particular his candy cane-hued Airline Res-O-Glas. But his solo career saw him turn to a variety of signature models, among them a Gibson Jeff “Skunk” Baxter Firebird, Ernie Ball Music Man St. Vincent and a heavily customized EVH Wolfgang.

Now, in a new interview with Guitar World/Total Guitar, White has shared details on what lured him to the EVH fold, and his collaborations with the brand’s namesake guitar hero.

“We had a bit of a relationship,” White says of his interactions with Van Halen. “What happened was, when I was doing my last album, Boarding House Reach, I found that the songs took weeks of rehearsal, which was something new to me. I thought, ‘I want to get the easiest guitar there is to play,’ which is the opposite of what I normally do.

Jack's Custom Blue Wolfgang: