Last Online

Today @ 11:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Sorry Mike but I will say what I have said to DD several times in this thread. We didn't send them old weapons. Sure some of them were but the bulk of the weapons have been used in the 2000's by our troops. Most since the 2010's. I sent the weapons systems long time ago which have been given and at lest 75% of them are current weapons in our inventory.

People think we are sending them Wildcats, Sherman tanks and some Spencer Carbine rifles from the Civil War.

Its simply a talking point that was repeated in the beginning and now is the truth. Never was close to it. Just was justification for sending weapons. "Oh we are not sending anything in our inventory.Just sitting around in warehouses not being used" We have shortages now du9e to this war
    It is a mix of our older Soviet stockpile and our older equipment. We aren't sending them M1 Abrams fresh off the assembly line, we are sending them older models (hell, we have been using them since the 1980's) and gutting them before we send them.

We send them older Javelin systems, older Stingers, old AK47 and AK74 ammo from our Soviet stockpile, etc.

The Switchblade drones we send over are obviously newer.

We have sent them new sniper rifles and ammo, but from a conversation I had only a couple of months ago with a supplier, we were not sending any M4's and certain specific equipment to the Ukraine. Certain stuff we just don't want to be left on the battlefield that the Soviets, Chinese and Iranians can back-engineer.

The most valuable asset we provide to the Ukraine is our technical surveillance and intelligence, we are decades ahead of our enemies in that regard.

We dislike Russia, but we don't like the Ukraine enough to give them our best stuff.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Soros?
    Zelensky
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

I was told that Russia, along with China and Iran, were an Axis of Evil against America. With them helping Russia with stuff, there is no hope for Ukraine to outlast Russia in this War of Attrition.

Two Years And $113 Billion Later, D.C.’s ‘America Last’ Crew Has No Plan For Ending The Russia-Ukraine War

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/19...a-ukraine-war/

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Meanwhile they want to get rid of the standard cola for SS.

Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Meanwhile they want to get rid of the standard cola for SS.

They are going to kick the can on Social Security until right before benefits are going to be cut, then they will do something. It's just what they do, no plans of action, just emergency measures at the last minute.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    They are going to kick the can on Social Security until right before benefits are going to be cut, then they will do something. It's just what they do, no plans of action, just emergency measures at the last minute.
    Yeah I know I honestly don't know how to run a business like that and I was a manager 43 years.

10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

My biggest problem with funding Ukraine is not the money, but what is the plan? What are the milestones?

If we are simply trying to outlast Russia there, well, it is a stupid plan, unless Putin all of a sudden keels over, that isn't happening.

So what is the plan, and what are the dates in which certain milestones have to be made, or funding is pulled.

There might be one, but I haven't seen it.

I know some people won't believe me, but as a country, we have gotten great value out of this so far from a tactical point of view. It is a live lesson on how the Russian military would operate in a European theatre war.

But it can't be an open checkbook with zero long term plan.

8. edwardv, Darrin Stephens Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

My biggest problem with funding Ukraine is not the money, but what is the plan? What are the milestones?

If we are simply trying to outlast Russia there, well, it is a stupid plan, unless Putin all of a sudden keels over, that isn't happening.

So what is the plan, and what are the dates in which certain milestones have to be made, or funding is pulled.

There might be one, but I haven't seen it.

I know some people won't believe me, but as a country, we have gotten great value out of this so far from a tactical point of view. It is a live lesson on how the Russian military would operate in a European theatre war.

But it can't be an open checkbook with zero long term plan.
    I have a problem with it.

We donít take care of our returning vets and the ones who have served. So why the hell are we giving the money that can go to help that to Ukraine?

Russia has what they want. Theyíre not gonna give it back. Just take the beating and move on. Outside of just bombing the fuck out of the territories that they have, thereís no way they can win.

Just chalk it up, join nato and carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

05.13.24 @ 06:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

What bothers me is the intellectually dishonest nature that revolves around some of the Russia/Ukraine/Israel/Hamas discussion.

I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable person of every single part of this, but the idea that if you don't want endless money going to Ukraine and/or Israel... Well, you must be a Putin fan boy, or you must love terror groups and are anti Jewish. It's nonsense.

This sort of framing is not that different from what Bush, Republicans and the media told us back when they were trying to justify their "war on terror". When they were saying: "You're with us, or against us!". I vaguely remember good ole' dubbya saying something like that back in the day. Then we got the whole "freedom fries" crap.lol

11. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Hasn't our country had enough "military exercises" with Iraq and Afghanistan???

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I have a problem with it.

We don’t take care of our returning vets and the ones who have served. So why the hell are we giving the money that can go to help that to Ukraine?

Russia has what they want. They’re not gonna give it back. Just take the beating and move on. Outside of just bombing the fuck out of the territories that they have, there’s no way they can win.

Just chalk it up, join nato and carry on.

That is a false equivalency unfortunately.

Congress isn't going to help the veterans, whether we give money to the Ukraine and Israel or not. It isn't an either or situation.

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Hasn't our country had enough "military exercises" with Iraq and Afghanistan???
    The country has. Not DC.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

That is a false equivalency unfortunately.

Congress isn't going to help the veterans, whether we give money to the Ukraine and Israel or not. It isn't an either or situation.
    Ok but the fact that the Ukraine is a priority over the homeland is wrong. Soon it how you want.

16. The Rover Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Ok but the fact that the Ukraine is a priority over the homeland is wrong. Soon it how you want.

The southern border has been an issue for decades, and no one has done a damn thing about it, and it will continue on that way, no matter who is POTUS, until an attack on the Homeland happens that you can draw a line to the open border being the case.

Everyone knew the US was wide open in 2001, and no one did anything about it until 9/11.

Social Security will be bankrupt in ten years, and they will wait until midnight the night before we default to do something about it. It is the nature of Congress. We can sit in here and nash our teeth about it all we want to, but it won't change how Congress is.

You have to look at each policy on its own, not look at the the other policies and say "why are you ignoring those?"

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

The southern border has been an issue for decades, and no one has done a damn thing about it, and it will continue on that way, no matter who is POTUS, until an attack on the Homeland happens that you can draw a line to the open border being the case.

Everyone knew the US was wide open in 2001, and no one did anything about it until 9/11.

Social Security will be bankrupt in ten years, and they will wait until midnight the night before we default to do something about it. It is the nature of Congress. We can sit in here and nash our teeth about it all we want to, but it won't change how Congress is.

You have to look at each policy on its own, not look at the the other policies and say "why are you ignoring those?"
    Ok. Letís dive a little further into that.

So if everything you just wrote is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then why the fuck are we sending 50,000,000,000 dollars to the Ukraine? Think of how much that could help not only the border, the social security fund, and our homeland.

Why are people ok with this? Look, assistance for a year? Ok. Well throw in on the help. Year two, sorry, we got our own shit going on at home.

Zelenskyy is always waving his tin cup and he always will. I donít like what Russia has done, but at the end of the day, it really isnít our issue unless we make it ours.

Think about this, we just sent the monetary equivalent of Jeff Bezosís fortune to the Ukraine.

This isnít right.

19. The Rover Liked This Post