Last Online

Today @ 06:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

It is, but not out of fear for the United States proper, but in fear for what would happen to our European allies.

Due to immense amount of damage it would cause, Russia's arsenal has to be considered when thinking about homeland security, but a Russian nuke doesn't keep me awake at night.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    I don't expect a Nuke will be used in our lifetime. Don't put words in my mouth. The threat is there though. It is a big reason why the USA is avoiding a conflict with Russia.
    You do realize that North Korea threatens us with annihilation every full moon right? No one would dare use one against us. Itís just suicide. And you know it.

And the US is avoiding Russia in this because of who the president is. Donít believe me? Please check my eBay auctions for bridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    You do realize that North Korea threatens us with annihilation every full moon right? No one would dare use one against us. It’s just suicide. And you know it.

And the US is avoiding Russia in this because of who the president is. Don’t believe me? Please check my eBay auctions for bridges.

Trump wouldn't be putting US boots on the ground in the Ukraine either. A proxy war where it is our dollars against Russian blood is always a win for us.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

5. Majestic Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Trump wouldn't be putting US boots on the ground in the Ukraine either. A proxy war where it is our dollars against Russian blood is always a win for us.
    Didnít say he would. Putin wouldnít have done this with him in office. Thatís my point. Either because heís a pal or heís unpredictable. Whichever version you like. The facts speak for themselves. No wars or skirmishes under trump. He even met with Kim in NK.

Sooo yeah.

7. bklynboy68, VH122, CaboChris Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Not that simple.

Putin was always trying to play an odd game, he wants to be part of Europe, he wants strained relations between the EU and the US, and he wants the old Russian satellites back under Russian control. It's a pipe dream, but that is what he wanted for a long time.

The strained relations between the EU and the US, Trump already got him that for a period of time.

The Minsk 2 agreement brokered in 2014 between Germany, France and Russia put an end to large scale Russian support of the Donbas separatists. Russian hardliners have since the start of it said that the Minsk 2 agreement was nothing more than a ploy by European leaders to buy time for the Ukraine to arm themselves. By late 2021, Putin had come to the same conclusion, and in late 2022, Merkel and Hollande basically said, "yeah, that agreement was bullshit, it was a political maneuver we never intended to live up to." Even then, Putin right up to the invasion was trying to negotiate with Macron for Ukraine neutrality (not supported by NATO) and Donbas autonomy. Macron told him to shove it.

Now, Trump would not have signed the US-Ukraine Charter on Strategic Partnership in November of 2021, that is absolutely true. And that, with Macron telling him to fuck himself, and him finally coming to the realization that he got played by Merkel and Hollande, probably led him to say "fuck it", but I think he was already getting there. US-Ukraine agreement was the final nail in the coffin, but Putin was coming into the same thinking as his hardliners were with or without Trump in my opinion.

We spent money on preparing the Ukraine for Russian invasion all through Trump's administration, so it's not like he didn't think it was a possibility either.

9. Majestic Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 06:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I don't Putin would have struck into Ukraine during Trump's tenure Prep for it? Sure but actually go in nope. No need to. There was no urgency by NATO to accept Ukraine Up until the invasion nobody in the West trusted Ukraine and its dirty politicians. Shit Hunter got a job there. They were considered the West Virginia of Central/Eastern Europe. Meth heads dealing with those creating designer drugs.

Guys like Putin wait for the opportune moment. That was with a president who is considered feeble. Also had the Winter of Death occurring. Remember that when Good Old Joe channelled BA Barakus and said "PAINNNNNN" would be inflicted on those unvaccinated. It was why we needed to fire people. The Winter of Death. Winter was coming and it was going to be death. The United States was distracted with inflation, COVID, Jan 6th. etc. Kind of like Biin Ladin taking advantage of the US during its good times and post Cold War era.

So he invaded. Now Ukraine put up more resistance than what was anticipated. Russia was more inept then what was anticipated and it became a stalemate. Then we could help out and did.

Proxy was is good. it hurts Russia but we also need not to write blank checks like we have for almost 2 years. Get it passed by Congress. That's all I care about. If we had to get congressional approval to fund material to protect our border, why can't we ask the same to protect Ukraine's border?

11. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Today @ 07:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I don't Putin would have struck into Ukraine during Trump's tenure Prep for it? Sure but actually go in nope. No need to. There was no urgency by NATO to accept Ukraine Up until the invasion nobody in the West trusted Ukraine and its dirty politicians. Shit Hunter got a job there. They were considered the West Virginia of Central/Eastern Europe. Meth heads dealing with those creating designer drugs.

Guys like Putin wait for the opportune moment. That was with a president who is considered feeble. Also had the Winter of Death occurring. Remember that when Good Old Joe channelled BA Barakus and said "PAINNNNNN" would be inflicted on those unvaccinated. It was why we needed to fire people. The Winter of Death. Winter was coming and it was going to be death. The United States was distracted with inflation, COVID, Jan 6th. etc. Kind of like Biin Ladin taking advantage of the US during its good times and post Cold War era.

So he invaded. Now Ukraine put up more resistance than what was anticipated. Russia was more inept then what was anticipated and it became a stalemate. Then we could help out and did.

Proxy was is good. it hurts Russia but we also need not to write blank checks like we have for almost 2 years. Get it passed by Congress. That's all I care about. If we had to get congressional approval to fund material to protect our border, why can't we ask the same to protect Ukraine's border?
    Our border doesn't count as it is being crossed by peaceful migrants. We are too busy protecting borders in other parts of the world.

13. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Klitschko jabs Zelenskyy, claims Ukraine is becoming authoritarian
    Klitschko, Zelenskyy have butted heads since Russia's invasion of Ukraine

December 3, 2023 12:10pm EST

Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko, the former heavyweight boxing champion, appeared to throw a hard shot at Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, claiming the country is sliding into authoritarianism as its war with Russia drags on.

Klitschko, who has butted heads with Zelenskyy since Russia invaded in February 2022, made the remarks during an interview with German news website Der Speigel that was published Friday.

"At some point we will no longer be any different from Russia, where everything depends on the whim of one man," Klitschko told the outlet, according to the Kyiv Independent. He further accused Zelenskyy's office of viewing mayors as an obstacle preventing the centralization of power.

Klitschko, who has served as the mayor of Kyiv since June 2014, praised Ukraineís mayors for being the strong leaders necessary to protect their citizens while claiming that Ukraine was largely leaderless and disorganized during the early months of the war.

Klitschko also said he and Zelenskyy have not spoken to each other since Russia invaded Ukraine, a sign of the apparent rift between the two.

Klitschko and Zelenskyy had a public feud in November 2022 when the mayor criticized the president over the conditions of emergency shelters that were supposed to help residents with heat and electricity amid Russian bombings.

After three people were locked outside an air raid shelter and killed during a Russian attack in June, Zelenskyy ordered an audit that found only 15% of Kyiv's 4,655 bomb shelters were suitable and only 44% were freely accessible, Reuters reported at the time.

Klitschko at the time said he accepted some responsibility for the incident, but asserted that appointees of Zelenskyy were also to blame, accusing his political opponents of working to discredit him and see him removed from office.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/klitsc...rce=linkin.bio
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. edwardv Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Speaker Johnson gives Biden an ultimatum on Ukraine funding, immigration

Biden administration has warned that Ukraine funding will run out by the end of the year

December 5, 2023 10:58am EST

There will be no additional funding for Ukraine without first making extensive reforms to the U.S. immigration system, House Speaker Mike Johnson told President Biden on Tuesday.

Johnson issued the ultimatum in a letter to the White House, according to Punchbowl News. Biden and Democrats had pushed for months to provide additional funding for Ukraine's war effort amid dwindling Republican support for the issue. With immigration being an even more divisive issue for Congress, Johnson's declaration is a major blow to the prospect of further aid to Kyiv.

Johnson's letter says Ukraine aid is "dependent upon enactment of transformative change to our nation's border security laws," according to Punchbowl.

The message came in response to a Monday letter from the White House. Penned by Office of Management and Budget Director Shalanda Young, it warned that the U.S. would run out of Ukraine aid funding by the end of 2023.

"There is no magical pot of funding available to meet this moment. We are out of moneyóand nearly out of time," Young wrote. "Cutting off the flow of U.S. weapons and equipment will kneecap Ukraine on the battlefield, not only putting at risk the gains Ukraine has made, but increasing the likelihood of Russian military victories."

"Already, our packages of security assistance have become smaller and the deliveries of aid have become more limited. If our assistance stops, it will cause significant issues for Ukraine," she added.

The U.S. has already contributed well over $100 billion to Ukraine's war effort since Russia invaded the country in February 2022. Republicans have increasingly questioned why that money isn't being spent at home, however.

Johnson first announced plans to pair Ukraine funding and immigration funding into the same bill in early November.

"The American people feel very strongly about this, and I do as well. We have things that we can and should do around the world, but we have to take care of our own house first," Johnson said at the time. "As long as the border is wide open, we're opening ourselves up for great threats. And again, it's just a matter of principle that if we're going to take care of a border in Ukraine, we need to take care of America's as well. And I think there's bipartisan support for that idea."

Ukrainian forces have found little success in their months-long counteroffensive against Russia as well. NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg warned that the world should "be prepared for bad news" in the conflict this week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spe...ng-immigration
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

17. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Don't like Johnson, but good for him.

Hard to argue we need to fund another country's border protection when we aren't taking care of our own. Force Biden to move on it, officially. He's been trying to do it without fanfare so he doesn't piss off his base. Don't let him.

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Republicans close ranks, demand Dems face border crisis as Biden Ukraine aid plan hangs in balance

Johnson told Republicans border security was a 'hill to die on,' a source said

December 5, 2023 4:51pm EST

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...biden-aid-plan

20. MD 5150, edwardv Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Good.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 07:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has in the past offered up sober and frank assessments of Ukraine’s prospects of defeating Russia. And now he’s telling Congress behind closed doors that if they don’t keep shoveling taxpayer dollars into this failed effort then the country will have no choice but to send their loved ones to fight Russia.

R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

23. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 07:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Default Biden CANíT STOP Fearmongering About Russia!

R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has in the past offered up sober and frank assessments of Ukraineís prospects of defeating Russia. And now heís telling Congress behind closed doors that if they donít keep shoveling taxpayer dollars into this failed effort then the country will have no choice but to send their loved ones to fight Russia.

Ainít none of their kids in the military.

26. edwardv Liked This Post