SLASH On EDDIE VAN HALEN: 'Nobody Ever Came Close To Playing That Style - Page 4
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  72
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

01.18.22 @ 02:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Stay in your lane boy....
    Aha- You cherry picked my one little snide comment...

Listen to- 7 Turns, Shades Of Two World's, & Where It All Began.

THAT IS MY era of the ABB. No One To Run With Anymore was played on my local radio station at the time in '96 or '97.

Dickey Betts is the one who brought Warren Haynes & Woody Allen into the ABB in the mid '90's. They kicked major mother fucking ass.

DICKEY BETTS IS THE most important Allman Brother.

DICKEY BETTS IS The original long time founding Allman Brother who ignited fury & passion into the ABB during the ''90's & kept the band alive. The vitriolic torque & vivacious soul of his playing is plastered all over everything the ABB ever did from the very beginning.

Little tune called Blue Sky ring a bell. How about Rambling Man.

Dickey Betts is the catalyst & lifeblood of the ABB. But yet, since his band is named after 2 of the other members at the time somehow his integral input has been diminished due to the high profile of the long hair pretty boy who dated Cher.

ABB should've rightfully been named the Dickey Betts Band.

It was Dickey Betts who enlisted Warren Haynes & Allen Woody who brought ABB back to life in the '90's.

They should've been as big as the Greatful Dead on the touring circuit. Why weren't they catapulted to the top of the heap as they deserved to be back then. Why. Why were they playing theatres instead of stadiums like the Greatful Dead.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points

You probably think Lindsey Buckingham is Fleetwood Mac too huh? Just a hunch.

Oy vey...

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Peter Green is the star of Fleetwood Mac.

Just kidding, I don't know shit about them. I like them of course. But only as a casual fan. I have the main 2 big hit albums.

I saw Gregg Allman live on his 1998 solo tour at the Vogue Theater. Packed house very enthusiastic response very lively for the hits I'm No Angel is all I can remember off the top of my head now. I did have concert posters from the show.

Saw ABB in

4. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I'll check back next week to catch up. Initially just meant to diss Slash.

If you think about it....Slash & Axl are in actuality...ateast 4 times more well known and revered in modern day pop culture status compared to EVH/DLR. Also bigger than Aerosmith.

Think about that.

We live in a world alongside fellow rock music fans catapult Guns N Roses into the highest possible stratosphere of modern pop culture status. Performing in stadiums worldwide. Without any new recent hit songs. All based upon the 1987 Appetite For Destruction. They like Slashs top hat.

Just imagine if Slash performed without his tophat.

Would all those fans still like him just the same.

I think we know the answer.

Same goes for Angus.

Imagine Angus performing without his stupid schoolboy costume.

It really is a corny dress up show for some of these guys.

Just wait until next year & see the Motley Crue goofballs make fools of themselves while thousands of dumb ass shit for brains rock fans dig the fuck out of their lousy half ass shit show.

Those are the goofball dimwit dumbass rock fans that did not see Van Halen.

Van Halen did not attract all the brain dead jerk off dimwits to their concerts. Which is why bands like GNR, AC/DC,& Metallica perform in stadiums & the Van Halen audience wasn't as big & performed in arenas & sheds.

All those extra rock fans that fill the stadiums to see GNR & Metallica & AC/DC are dumbfucks stupid as a sack of wet hammers bozos who just like seeing Slashs top hat.

Take away Slashs top hat & all you have is just another Los Angeles strip poser. Who likes snakes.

Fuck Slash. Of course he likes Eddie. Who doesn't

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 05:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default SLASH On EDDIE VAN HALEN: 'Nobody Ever Came Close To Playing That Style

Haynes and Woody joined in 89’.

Jack Pearson and David Grissom were two phenomenal players that should have had more time with the band post 1993. Pearson is other worldly talent-wise. Just scary.

But obviously Haynes and Trucks were nearly as good as Duane and Dickey and they didn’t cause any drama.

If Duane/Dickey are Connery.
    Haynes/Trucks are Craig.

Dickey was a loose cannon even well into adulthood. He was a liability to the band.

And yes, Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac is the superior band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Why the anger over Gregg Allman? One of the best blue eyed blues and soul singers ever. The guys could sing his ass off. And write great songs.

I’d have been banging Cher too if I were Gregg.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Why the anger over Gregg Allman?
    Yeah. I’m not sure, either.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.19.22 @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Jack Pearson is arguably one of the finest, most diverse players ever to play with the ABB. And that includes Derek Trucks. Sadly, very few people know what an amazing talent Jack is. Frankly, I'm a bit shocked to even read his name in a Van Halen forum....

As far as Gregg Allman is concerned, without Gregg there is no ABB as we long time fans know it. The same can be said about brother Dickey. Mostly because both wrote the vast majority of the original ABB catalog.....In the case of Dickey, "Rambling Man," while a very good song and a huge radio hit, is just the tip of the iceberg of Dickey's songwriting prowess.....Personally I prefer his instrumentals.

However, consider that the ABB moved on after Dickey was fired in 2002 with Warren back in the fold alongside the virtuoso and mind blowing Derek Trucks. Had Gregg been fired would he have been replaceable? Would Warren have been able to sing Gregg's vocal parts the way he did Dickey's? Just asking.....
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

10. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    Jack Pearson is arguably one of the finest, most diverse players ever to play with the ABB. And that includes Derek Trucks. Sadly, very few people know what an amazing talent Jack is. Frankly, I'm a bit shocked to even read his name in a Van Halen forum....
    Guitar player, here.

But yes, more people need to know how brilliant and what a master-craftsman he is.

He does an acoustic version of Midnight Rider with Tommy Emmanuel that, IMO, blows the socks off the original.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.19.22 @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Guitar player, here.

But yes, more people need to know how brilliant and what a master-craftsman he is.

He does an acoustic version of Midnight Rider with Tommy Emmanuel that, IMO, blows the socks off the original.

That's a great way to describe Jack. As a master-craftsman given I think he can play any style of guitar masterfully. And he makes it look so effortless as he's such a smooth player. It's like he's almost caressing and massaging the instrument if that makes any sense.

I was lucky to see Jack Pearson with the Allman Brothers when he had his very brief stint in the band just prior to his unexpected departure....He was brilliant. I do wonder, and so do many ABB fans, what would have become of the band had he not left so suddenly and remained for a significant amount of time.

Probably no Derek Trucks and probably no return of Warren Haynes after Allen Woody passed.....We will never know of course.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    That's a great way to describe Jack. As a master-craftsman given I think he can play any style of guitar masterfully. And he makes it look so effortless as he's such a smooth player. It's like he's almost caressing and massaging the instrument if that makes any sense.

I was lucky to see Jack Pearson with the Allman Brothers when he had his very brief stint in the band just prior to his unexpected departure....He was brilliant. I do wonder, and so do many ABB fans, what would have become of the band had he not left so suddenly and remained for a significant amount of time.

Probably no Derek Trucks and probably no return of Warren Haynes after Allen Woody passed.....We will never know of course.
    And he’s proof that you don’t need an expensive Signature guitar to sound better as a player.

One of his main guitars is a Squire Strat.

It’s in the fingers. Not the gear.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 06:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'll check back next week to catch up. Initially just meant to diss Slash.

If you think about it....Slash & Axl are in actuality...ateast 4 times more well known and revered in modern day pop culture status compared to EVH/DLR. Also bigger than Aerosmith.

Think about that.

We live in a world alongside fellow rock music fans catapult Guns N Roses into the highest possible stratosphere of modern pop culture status. Performing in stadiums worldwide. Without any new recent hit songs. All based upon the 1987 Appetite For Destruction. They like Slashs top hat.

Just imagine if Slash performed without his tophat.

Would all those fans still like him just the same.

I think we know the answer.

Same goes for Angus.

Imagine Angus performing without his stupid schoolboy costume.

It really is a corny dress up show for some of these guys.

Just wait until next year & see the Motley Crue goofballs make fools of themselves while thousands of dumb ass shit for brains rock fans dig the fuck out of their lousy half ass shit show.

Those are the goofball dimwit dumbass rock fans that did not see Van Halen.

Van Halen did not attract all the brain dead jerk off dimwits to their concerts. Which is why bands like GNR, AC/DC,& Metallica perform in stadiums & the Van Halen audience wasn't as big & performed in arenas & sheds.

All those extra rock fans that fill the stadiums to see GNR & Metallica & AC/DC are dumbfucks stupid as a sack of wet hammers bozos who just like seeing Slashs top hat.

Take away Slashs top hat & all you have is just another Los Angeles strip poser. Who likes snakes.

Fuck Slash. Of course he likes Eddie. Who doesn't
    you don't think Eddie's unique-looking guitar helped his profile? The reason VH didn't play stadiums much is that they couldn't get along well enough to pull it off. That's pretty much the entire reason.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Van Halen did not attract all the brain dead jerk off dimwits to their concerts.
    Are you sure about that?

Half the the time they didn't know whether it was Dave or Sammy at the mic.

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Are you sure about that?

Half the the time they didn't know whether it was Dave or Sammy at the mic.
    This is true. At a 2004 Van Halen concert in Toronto. A man came up to me before the show and asked who is singing Sammy or Dave? LOL!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:55 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    This is true. At a 2004 Van Halen concert in Toronto. A man came up to me before the show and asked who is singing Sammy or Dave? LOL!
    Had the same thing in houston in line, overheard some guy ask who was singing tonight.lol
    Dealing with it.

18. YankeeRose Liked This Post