Eddie Solo - Santa Monica RHRN tour
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    The Full Bug
    Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.06
    Age
    50
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,920
    Posts Per Day
    0.33
    Favorite VH Album

    5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Right now. 5150. Me wise magic
    Last Online

    09.28.22 @ 05:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    217
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    277

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default Eddie Solo - Santa Monica RHRN tour



    Some cool new rare footage
    What is understood need not be discussed

    "Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

    "I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

  2. DFVH5150, atomicpunk5151, VH1986 Liked This Post
  3. #2
    Light Up The Sky
    Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    22,107
    Posts Per Day
    2.66
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    10.01.22 @ 09:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1963
    Likes (Received)
    1604
    Thanks (Given)
    3357
    Thanks (Received)
    2409

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    The King!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  4. #3
    Eruption

    Join Date
    08.26.18
    Posts
    201
    Posts Per Day
    0.13
    Last Online

    09.28.22 @ 12:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    37
    Likes (Received)
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    7

    Achievements:
    2,000 VHL Life PointsWell-LikedVeteran

    Default

    As great as Ed's solo always was, it became a little too familiar. He shuffled things around a bit, but it had largely been the same solo since the 80s. It's great seeing him play around a little here and throw in a few new ingredients like Pleasure Dome and Young Man Blues. I think 95 was the last time he/they colored outside the lines with the set so to speak. Including things like Rockin' in the Free World, Mississippi Queen, and Crossroads were always cool surprises. I saw them jam a bit of Zeppelin in 91 and it was pretty cool. Here, in a few spots it feels a little like Ed is riding a wave and letting it take his hands where it will. I could spend all day watching Eddie "find the way". And, how much better this sounds than RHRN is amazing. You can really hear the amp snarl and blister. That album does not do justice to what his live tone was in the early 90s.

  5. #4
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    43
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    24,014
    Posts Per Day
    4.50
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    183
    Likes (Received)
    3562
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    The 5150 amps are amazing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Hot For Teacher
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    50
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    13,588
    Posts Per Day
    1.63
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1528
    Likes (Received)
    1620
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King5,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edword View Post
    As great as Ed's solo always was, it became a little too familiar. He shuffled things around a bit, but it had largely been the same solo since the 80s. It's great seeing him play around a little here and throw in a few new ingredients like Pleasure Dome and Young Man Blues. I think 95 was the last time he/they colored outside the lines with the set so to speak. Including things like Rockin' in the Free World, Mississippi Queen, and Crossroads were always cool surprises. I saw them jam a bit of Zeppelin in 91 and it was pretty cool. Here, in a few spots it feels a little like Ed is riding a wave and letting it take his hands where it will. I could spend all day watching Eddie "find the way". And, how much better this sounds than RHRN is amazing. You can really hear the amp snarl and blister. That album does not do justice to what his live tone was in the early 90s.
    I think also maybe we're always looking for internal factors, but the general public mood affected him. Like in the 80s, there were constant readers polls for the best guitar player, guitar hero this and guitar hero that. It was very competitive and instrumental guitar albums sometimes made the top 40. This was conducive to innovation. In the 90s, guitar solos are out of fashion, there was maybe less motivation to innovate. Then in the 2000s, the guitar itself became less fashionable.
    Little Dreamer

  7. #6
    Eruption

    Join Date
    08.26.18
    Posts
    201
    Posts Per Day
    0.13
    Last Online

    09.28.22 @ 12:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    37
    Likes (Received)
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    7

    Achievements:
    2,000 VHL Life PointsWell-LikedVeteran

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I think also maybe we're always looking for internal factors, but the general public mood affected him. Like in the 80s, there were constant readers polls for the best guitar player, guitar hero this and guitar hero that. It was very competitive and instrumental guitar albums sometimes made the top 40. This was conducive to innovation. In the 90s, guitar solos are out of fashion, there was maybe less motivation to innovate. Then in the 2000s, the guitar itself became less fashionable.
    I don't know how much that may have consciously influenced him. I think he had just pushed things as far as they could go. It has to happen. Plus, he was older. The youthful energy, piss and vinegar were spent. It's natural. Everything became much more comfortable sounding. He no longer sounded like he was riding and taming a bolt of lightning. He had settled into a cozy groove, which again is natural. Just part of the lifecycle.

  8. #7
    Eruption

    Join Date
    05.24.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Engerland !
    Posts
    151
    Posts Per Day
    0.02
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    694
    Likes (Received)
    22
    Thanks (Given)
    622
    Thanks (Received)
    13

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserThee King

    Default

    This is multi-camera pro-shot, which begs the question - there is the rest of the concert ?? Would LOVE to see it !
    Does the noise in my head bother you ?

  9. #8
    Hot For Teacher
    Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    10,937
    Posts Per Day
    1.45
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    09.29.22 @ 07:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    848
    Likes (Received)
    512
    Thanks (Given)
    1702
    Thanks (Received)
    1898

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ed View Post
    This is multi-camera pro-shot, which begs the question - there is the rest of the concert ?? Would LOVE to see it !
    I'm betting this is the video that was shown on the jumbo tron during the show, it was mulit camera, I could be wrong

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 5150 tour Eddie solo spot
    By Little Dreamer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03.02.21, 04:45 AM
  2. 6 dead in Santa Monica, CA
    By Little Dreamer in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06.10.13, 08:35 PM
  3. new eddie solo on tour...
    By JMJ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12.18.02, 05:51 PM
  4. Metal Shop (Danger Kitty) at 14 Below in Santa Monica, Saturday, 4/13/02
    By Joe5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04.12.02, 10:45 AM
  5. Eddie's solo on the '80 tour
    By Blind Willie Loons in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07.10.00, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •