Unchained
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Default NBA 2021-22 Official Thread

Ben Simmons? LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnít trade a bag of donuts for Ben Simmons. The guy doesnít even play basketball anymore, and you want the Lakers to give up LeBron for him? I mean I canít LOL enough. The Nets would give him to the Lakers for LeBron in half a second. I canít even fathom what you are thinking with this.The Lakers are not going to trade LeBron so you can stop wishing. They hired once again the coach he wants, so clearly he is not going anywhere. The last thing the Lakers need to do is to make a bunch of stupid moves just to make moves like they did last year. They need to make smart moves and getting rid of LeBron for a complete cancer and head case like Ben Simmons is probably the silliest thing Iíve ever heard. And the last thing the Lakers need anyway is another player who canít shoot, they have enough of those guys already. Man I am barfing in my mouth thinking of Ben Simmons and Westbrook together. The comedy of watching those two clowns playing together would be off the charts. Not to mention Ben Simmons would be crying in about two seconds after Westbrook berates him for being soft as Charmin and a pussy. That guy thinks heís having mental issues now? OMG Westbrook would destroy him.

Only player wearing a Nets uniform I would take is Durant, so if they want to trade him for LeBron Iím good with that one. If weíre going to propose outlandish things I might as well throw that one in.

What next are you going to say the Lakers should trade LeBron for Harden? How about Paul George? Wait wait wait. Lebron for Pat Beverley.

Itís pretty obvious you never want the Lakers to win judging by the comments you are making. Come on Spurs fan.

And enough about Frank Vogel. What are you the guyís agent or something? Geez.

And to say that Phil Jackson couldnít get that team to the playoffs is laughable. Phil got two of the worst Laker teams ever into the playoffs in 2006 and 2007. The only players worth a shit on the entire roster were Kobe and Lamar Odom. Phil won 45 games with a starting lineup that included Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton. And youíre sitting here telling me he couldnít get the team that the Lakers had this last season to the playoffs? You are smoking some strong stuff dude. Phil also won 55 games without Michael Jordan.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

2. Raldo, I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Trading Lebron James for Ben Simmons to pair him with Russell Westbrook would be like trading Eddie Van Halen for CC Deville so you could pair him with Ace Frehley.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

4. Brett, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Trading Lebron James for Ben Simmons to pair him with Russell Westbrook would be like trading Eddie Van Halen for CC Deville so you could pair him with Ace Frehley.
    Haha thatís actually a really good analogy. The funniest part of his post was the fact that he thinks the Lakers would have to beg the Nets to take LeBron and give them Simmons. Wow. And then youíve got Mitch liking his post. Now we know what a crackpot Mitch really is too.

Also the fact that he thinks that Phil Jackson couldnít get a team of four or five future Hall of Famers, older or not, into the playoffs in one of the weakest years in the leagueÖeven with the injuries. Classic. Thereís no fucking excuse for the team the Lakers had to win 33 games. None. Itís pathetic. They won less games than the horrible, and I mean horrible, San Antonio Spurs. Thatís a team with nobody and they played better. Do you think the Spurs are even that competitive without a good coach? Fuck no. Without Popovich that team wins 20 games. Put Vogel on the Spurs bench and letís see how well the team would have done last year. Switch coaches and letís see what happens.

The Lakers never played well before the injuries. They were shit from day one. Donít tell me coaching is not a key reason for that. Of course it was. The players tuned Vogel out almost immediately.

I donít give two shits if Lebron is 58 years old. He averaged over 30 points last year, the second highest average of his entire career. His numbers last year were better than some of the years he was in his prime. Had the Lakers actually lived up to what they should have, he probably wouldíve been the MVP of the league. But the Lakers should get rid of him for Ben Simmons. Brilliant.
    Webmaster

6. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Brett, you know I love Lebron as a player much more than you and Scotty do. However, I will give Lebron a ton of criticism for lobbying for the trade for Westbrook. Lebron should have known that was going to be an absolutely HORRIBLE fit. The last thing Lebron needs in a teammate is a ball dominant player who can't shoot. If the Lakers can't get someone to take Westbrick off their hands, next season (while I can't imagine it being worse than this season) might not be a whole lot better. Outside of Lebron and AD (aka "Plastic Man"), the Lakers have virtually nobody that any other team wants. Not good ...

GO DODGERS!!!
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

8. Brett Liked This Post
    VHL Heavyweight Champion
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Today @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I've always been pro-LeBron from a team asset standpoint. He's gotten a ludicrous amount of unjustified hate hurled his way over the years for the crime of being one of the four or five best "build your franchise around" players in the history of the NBA. And that has come with no off-the-court problems.

The one thing about LeBron you have to make your peace with is allowing him to become and consume your entire club. I'm not sure there's ever been a player exactly like that. The difference here is, when you're the Cavs and LeBron is 32 years old, you sign everything over to him without hesitation. The coach, the role players, the catering, the color of the cheerleaders' underwear. Everything. Doing that for a 37-38 year-old is a horse of a very different color and, unfortunately, that's the position the Lakers are in. I'd have an easier time swallowing the pill if he had come to L.A. in 2010 and put down career roots.

10. Brett Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Hiring a guy like Vogel and understanding his strengths and then fielding the team they did last year is like giving DíAntoni Shaq, Ben Simmons, Rodman, Kwame Brown and Ben Wallace. Not really but you get my point.

At the same time, zero ability to adjust is an inflexibility that is going to get you fired in the NBA.

Doing something like trading for Westbrook is not just a Lebron thing. Lakers have long, weirdly, had great talent scouts, but then value big swings at free agents (Anthony, Aldridge) or trades. Lakers value getting names.

Letís see what fresh eyes can do, especially if they can actually get time on the court together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

For years the Lakers have had some bizarre obsession with needing to get Westbrook. It occurred way before LeBron got here.

I think LeBron is a fantastic player I just donít really like him as a person. I think heís an idiot but thatís irrelevant honestly to any of this. I agree he gets a lot of unjustified hate, but you know there are things he has done that I think warrants criticism too. While I think there are haters who love to hate (remember Jungle Dumber), there are some things that he has done that deserve negative scrutiny too.
    Webmaster

14. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    VHL Heavyweight Champion
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Today @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I think he’s an idiot but that’s irrelevant honestly to any of this.
    I'm sure his Insta stories read like Walt Whitman. Hold on, let me check.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Lebron is infinitely smarter on the basketball court than he is off it.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

I remember the movie The Program and itís been since it came out that Iíve seen jt, but thereís a character who is seen as a dumb jock until you see him in the film room.

Lebron has probably forgotten more about basketball than I actually know about any one subject. Heís an extremely intelligent man and 98% of that has been focused on basketball. Unfortunately he, like other celebrities, has just assumed that his knowledge isnít so specialized. Like Kobe and Kareem, Iíd imagine it could be well put to use in other areas and hopefully will be in the future.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

06.25.22 @ 02:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Dub's v C's

Should be a good series.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Let's Go Brandon!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 03:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Dub's v C's

Should be a good series.
    Brett looking at the final: i can't stand Curry but i don't hate him that much. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

20. VH1986, Brett Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I remember the movie The Program and itís been since it came out that Iíve seen jt, but thereís a character who is seen as a dumb jock until you see him in the film room.

Lebron has probably forgotten more about basketball than I actually know about any one subject. Heís an extremely intelligent man and 98% of that has been focused on basketball. Unfortunately he, like other celebrities, has just assumed that his knowledge isnít so specialized. Like Kobe and Kareem, Iíd imagine it could be well put to use in other areas and hopefully will be in the future.

Alvin Mack. Great movie.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    For years the Lakers have had some bizarre obsession with needing to get Westbrook. It occurred way before LeBron got here.

I think LeBron is a fantastic player I just donít really like him as a person. I think heís an idiot but thatís irrelevant honestly to any of this. I agree he gets a lot of unjustified hate, but you know there are things he has done that I think warrants criticism too. While I think there are haters who love to hate (remember Jungle Dumber), there are some things that he has done that deserve negative scrutiny too.
    Lebron has the odd dumb comment but his teammates like him and outside of the odd dumb comment, has a good rep off the court. Seems like a good human being. His biggest issue seems to be that he thinks he's smarter than he is on non basketball issues.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran

Lebron seems like a good guy. He has opinions like everyone else and he uses his stature and platform to express those opinions. Whether he sounds smart or not, at least he's expressing opinions that aren't hateful or harmful. He's also been a pretty good basketball player from high school to present.
    =VH=