Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Also good for LOON. He gets to stay on the Dubs at a reasonable deal....

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Free agent center Kevon Looney has agreed to a three-year, $25.5M deal to return to Golden State, sources tell ESPN.
    Solid player….knows his role and does his job…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. atomicpunk5151 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Also good for LOON. He gets to stay on the Dubs at a reasonable deal....

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Free agent center Kevon Looney has agreed to a three-year, $25.5M deal to return to Golden State, sources tell ESPN.
    JTA, GP2, Otto Porter and Belicja all look like they signed elsewhere as well…..hopefully the young guys Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman can be part of the everyday rotation next season….I know JK can, and Moody is a pretty good bet to get serious minutes too…..Wiseman? Ugh. I just don’t have a good feeling about him….

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 09:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

CBS Sports: NBA free agency winners/losers: Zion Williamson scores, Rudy Gobert to Wolves a win-win, Warriors take a hit

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...rs-take-a-hit/
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 11:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    JTA, GP2, Otto Porter and Belicja all look like they signed elsewhere as well…..hopefully the young guys Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman can be part of the everyday rotation next season….I know JK can, and Moody is a pretty good bet to get serious minutes too…..Wiseman? Ugh. I just don’t have a good feeling about him….
    There have been glimpses of ability with Wiseman. But he has played so few games (Pro or College), it is tough to make predictions. So much potential with the 7 footer, hence his high draft pick.

Hopefully with the culture they have established in GS, he will develop. He should be working with Kevin Looney and Draymond every day next season. Hopefully he can also get some games in the summer league during the off season (post injury rehab).

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 06:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

7. The Rover Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Big deals going down....

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...a-timberwolves

The Utah Jazz agreed to trade center Rudy Gobert to the Minnesota Timberwolves

The Timberwolves will send Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, Leandro Bolmaro, No. 22 pick Walker Kessler and four first-round picks to the Jazz, sources said. Utah will acquire unprotected picks in 2023, 2025 and 2027 and a top-five-protected pick in 2029, sources said, in Danny Ainge's first franchise-altering deal since taking over as the Jazz's CEO midseason.
    Windhurst kinda/sorta calling a Jazz rebuild the morning before that grade was fun to watch.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 11:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

Default NBA 2021-22 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Kill me! Why would the fucking Nets take Westbrook? It doesn’t make any sense. I guess there aren’t that many teams dumb enough to trade for Kyrie. The Lakers have nothing else to give them unless you’re giving them Anthony Davis which will make me angry.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Kill me! Why would the fucking Nets take Westbrook? It doesn’t make any sense. I guess there aren’t that many teams dumb enough to trade for Kyrie. The Lakers have nothing else to give them unless you’re giving them Anthony Davis which will make me angry.
    Other teams are already apprehensive and everything points to him wanting to go to LA. So he’d be a rental, likely. He’s kinda nuked the market for himself.

At this point Westbrook is an expiring contract, just a massive one. But an expiring was all it took to get Gasol. So if you’re not taking on any more longterm salary, you’re at least getting a draft pick or 2 and probably a young, cheap player. And the Lakers might take on one of their bad contracts, as well.

Best I can come up with.

11. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points

The Jazz have always been a franchise just on the precipice of getting it done but they just never do.
    Webmaster

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

What a wild offseason in the NBA. Likely going to see a fair amount of trade activity still this summer.
    Has any team done as little with as much talent as the Nets? They had how many guys w all nba on their resumes past 3 years with nothing to show.

If anything I hope this lessens the appeal of super teams which I think have been bad for the overall sport.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 11:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    What a wild offseason in the NBA. Likely going to see a fair amount of trade activity still this summer.
    Has any team done as little with as much talent as the Nets? They had how many guys w all nba on their resumes past 3 years with nothing to show.

If anything I hope this lessens the appeal of super teams which I think have been bad for the overall sport.

What do you think about the Knicks?

What happened to all those players from a few years ago....

Was Barret the only good one? I don't follow them enough.

15. Darrin Stephens Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

I think the Nets will drag this out to get the best offers for both players. teams will get desperate. that is what they want. Durant would be great with Phoenix but it looks like Nets don't want Ayton. As for Kyrie take the best deal for him don't just ship him to the Lakers for Westbrook. If they want Irving cough up Anthony Davis if I am Marks. Let the Lakers deal with Westbrook. Entitled NBA players crying to get what they want that is what is happening with the Nets right now. Marks should do whats best for the Nets and not KD and Irving. Phoenix though with KD would be really good and their package with all the picks isn't a bad haul for Nets. Anyway trades never go as expected so both KD and Irving will probably wind up with other teams. Nets will wait for the best offer to keep them competitive.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default NBA 2021-22 Official Thread

Oh yeah they’re going to fleece someone. The Lakers would never trade Anthony Davis for Kyrie Irving. Can you imagine a team with Irving and Westbrook? No because it will never happen. It would be much more likely they would move LeBron before Davis. Not that I believe either of them will be traded but that’s just my thought. There’s no way in the world the Lakers would trade for Kyrie Irving and not make the Nets take Westbrook. The positive for them is that he is an expiring deal.

The Suns were the best team in the NBA last year without KD so I would imagine with him they would be clearly favorites for the title next year, assuming they don’t choke out of nowhere again. It would also be interesting what they would have to give up to get him so who knows.
    Webmaster

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

What do you think about the Knicks?

What happened to all those players from a few years ago....

Was Barret the only good one? I don't follow them enough.
    I like how they are building. They are building bottom up for a change and developing their talent base. They have a top 10 defense but the offense has been abysmal until they sat Randle then the young guys shined. Unfortunately they were long out ofnit by then.

They have a great defense and bench plus more draft picks than anyone in the NBA but OKC. They need to consolidate some guys, move Randle as Obi must start and somewhere get a true number 1 guy. They don't have one and in this league that means your ceiling is a middle of the pack.playoff team like a 5 seed. But I think for this year thats ok in their timeline. They have an offer into Utah on Donovan but i doubt they get him as it isn't an all in offer. Donovan is elite offensively but a 1 way player. Id go all in cause I trust Thibs defense despite offense being so so but I think to go all in this office wants a 2 way number 1. To get a true number 1 I think the knicks need to show they can remain competent and be an ok team first otherwise not attractive enough.

Brunson is not a star but a solid 25yr starting point. His father is on the staff, team president leon rose is his god father, leons son is his agent so a guy who is young and deeply connected to the team. He is not elite but is good and PG has been a hole for 20 years in this organization.

Barrett is underestimated. He is pretty young at still only 21. Last Feb. He took over and averaged 25 pts the rest of the season . A huge jump. His ceiling is not a number 1 guy but he can be an all star or a solid number 2 guy as he develops and becomes more efficient. Efficiency is his challenge but that is common at his age.

Rest of the talent pool is good but very raw. Obi Toppin was buried on the bench but once he got on the floor exploded. He is a really good player and is a rare guy who elevates everyone on the floor. Quickly is a solid combo guard, great range good defender likely a solid rotation piece who will push to be an eventual starter. Grimes who was hurt a lot is a late first round steal and may be a starter opening night if he can show he is more than a 3 and D guy. Simms, McBride, Robinson, Reddish all decent young talents but not special. Half will never find a role half will be role players. DRose absence was a huge negative last year. Everyone gets better when he is on the floor. He can remain available that will be a huge boost

So a deep team w improving young talent but still no number 1 guy on the roster. Can be a decent up and coming team for next couple years to prove organizational competence again but not a contender by any means. Do that then can convert young guys and draft capital to a true number 1 but its important to not spend that capital on a guy who is.not a difference maker. So far so good now keep growing the kids as they are the youngest team in the league. And trade Randle at any cost. Thibs also needs to let go his vet bias which ruined the first 70% of the season. He seems to finally be trusting young guys but if he reverts he will be fired ASAP.

Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 07.06.22 at 12:46 AM.

19. atomicpunk5151 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Saw Melo w Jim Dolan today so likely is returning to the knicks