Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I would think if you were going to be firing a fun toward a camera that they would at least have a rig with bullet proof glass on it so only the lens is exposed
    Seems there were so many violations on this set when dealing with a firearm. It's absurd with all the incompetence and irresponsibility on this set that anyone would still be behind the camera while a firearm was aimed at it.

Baluchitherium

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

What trips me out is thinking about the thousands of Westerns that were made for the big screen and little screen for decades and I can't recall any instances of actors or personnel being killed by a live firearm.

3. edwardv, MD 5150 Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.21 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserRookieWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Did we learn nothing from the Crow? This is so avoidable.
    Yeah, which is why it's so suspicious. I think MF5150 is probably close to correct with his theory. It's just too messed up to be an accident.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Just waiting for this guy to show up on the scene....

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

The AD picked up one gun that was sitting amongst two others.

Wouldn’t be shocked if all three of those prop guns had “live”/blank ammo in them.

But even if it was crew initiated sabotage though...two things create a problem
    with that notion....

1. The AD didn’t do his job, as the person handing the weapon over to the actor. If he had...no accident.

2. By the sounds of it, it doesn’t look like Baldwin was supposed to be shooting that prop gun in the shot they had setup for. By the sounds of it he was to unholster the weapon, pull it out and just point it in frame towards the camera. He accidentally fired the weapon while unholstering it. He didn’t fire the weapon at the camera (DP) or just off camera.

Had those two events gone fine, we wouldn’t be talking about this right now.

Who knows though. We’ll see what happens.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Unholstering to me means pulling it up out of the holster from one's side. The woman was hit in the chest so the gun at very least, was aimed in her direction at some point no?

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Unholstering to me means pulling it up out of the holster from one's side. The woman was hit in the chest so the gun at very least, was aimed in her direction at some point no?
    Yes, but the gun wasn’t supposed to be fired in the shot. That’s the point.

It was accidentally discharged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Now I read that the gun that Alec fired was also used by the crew for off-set target practice. This target practice included live rounds mixed in with blanks. Unreal.

Bottom line is that it was the responsibility of people on set to make sure the gun was safe to use. They clearly failed.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

As expected. AD’s getting what seems to be well deserved heat. Looks like it’s nothing new for this guy, either.

An assistant director on the film set of "Rust" was the subject of complaints over safety and his behavior on set during two productions in 2019, two people who worked closely with him tell CNN.

The complaints against assistant director Dave Halls include a disregard for safety protocols for weapons and pyrotechnics use, blocked fire lanes and exits, and instances of inappropriately sexual behavior in the workplace.

Halls was identified in court documents as the assistant director who handed actor Alec Baldwin a prop firearm, which when fired struck cinematographer Halyna Hutchins with a live round. Hutchins was later pronounced dead at a New Mexico hospital.
    Maggie Goll, an IATSE Local 44 prop maker and licensed pyrotechnician, said in a statement to CNN that while working on Hulu's "Into the Dark" Anthology Series in February and May of 2019, Halls neglected to hold safety meetings and consistently failed to announce the presence of a firearm on set to the crew, as is protocol.
    "The only reason the crew was made aware of a weapon's presence was because the assistant prop master demanded Dave acknowledge and announce the situation each day," Goll's statement reads.
    She adds that the prop master would "announce each day when a gun would be required on camera, the disposition of that weapon -- whether it was a rubber/plastic replica, a non-firing option, or a 'cold' functional, but unloaded option, allowing anyone to inspect said weapon prior to bringing it to set and presenting it to the talent. (...) The Prop Master frequently admonished Dave for dismissing the talent without returning props, weapon included, or failing to make safety announcements."

Via CNN

Baluchitherium

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

That still doesn't let the armorer off the hook though. Live bullets were in a gun that she laid out before the AD picked it up and said cold gun

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    That still doesn't let the armorer off the hook though. Live bullets were in a gun that she laid out before the AD picked it up and said cold gun
    There were three guns laid out, apparently. AD grabbed one, said “cold gun” and handed it to the actor.

Armourer, to me, has plausible deniability.

The AD, along with his history (that still needs to be investigated and corroborated) is looking more and more like the person who is gonna get booked.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.25.21 @ 08:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    Yeah, which is why it's so suspicious. I think MF5150 is probably close to correct with his theory. It's just too messed up to be an accident.
    Sometimes the solution really is the simplest answer. The armorer allowed the same guns that were used on set to be used off set in target practice. That's a huge red flag there. The armorer was relatively inexperienced, only 24 years old, and this was only her second job as head armorer.

It was her position to prepare the guns and maintain the guns. Especially since she was allowing them to be fired with live rounds, she should have been more than just careful when they were on the set. She should have been fanatical about their maintenance. And to put three guns on a table and allow the AD to pick one up and walk away? I believe she was negligent in allowing that to happen. Those guns were entirely her responsibllity.

Have you ever seen the meme 'YOU HAD ONE JOB" ? Well the AD has a lot of tasks to do and people to take care of but the armorer literally has JUST ONE JOB

The AD is the one with plausible deniability.

14. CaboChris, VH1986 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Sometimes the solution really is the simplest answer. The armorer allowed the same guns that were used on set to be used off set in target practice. That's a huge red flag there. The armorer was relatively inexperienced, only 24 years old, and this was only her second job as head armorer.

It was her position to prepare the guns and maintain the guns. Especially since she was allowing them to be fired with live rounds, she should have been more than just careful when they were on the set. She should have been fanatical about their maintenance. And to put three guns on a table and allow the AD to pick one up and walk away? I believe she was negligent in allowing that to happen. Those guns were entirely her responsibllity.

Have you ever seen the meme 'YOU HAD ONE JOB" ? Well the AD has a lot of tasks to do and people to take care of but the armorer literally has JUST ONE JOB

This. I put the blame soley on armorer.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

That same AD has been accused of being unsafe on prior productions and making prop departments admonish him for ignoring their safety precautions.

If he’s the one handing the gun over to the talent saying “cold gun”....he’s the one that needs to be sure it’s actually a cold gun. He took that responsibility. Somebody else, possibly, not doing their job isn’t an excuse.

That was his one job in that moment, IMO.

17. VH1986 Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

I think the armourer and the AD are both at fault.
    =VH=

19. Daisy Hill, jimmy812 Liked This Post