NHL 2021/22 Season - This is the Leafs’ Year...........It has to be, right?....... - Page 32
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  151
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 563
  1. #466
    Hang 'Em High
    atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    17,149
    Posts Per Day
    2.60
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    568
    Likes (Received)
    728
    Thanks (Given)
    2797
    Thanks (Received)
    3051

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    He got a trick and they won the game.

    Pretty sure he got the best revenge possible and the last laugh.
    I agree with Mitch. Knocking him down after whistle don't mean much. They didn't really get him that good.

    Kadri had 3 goals and 1 assist. He made St Louis his bitch.

  2. MF5150 Liked This Post
  3. #467
    Super Duper Frontman
    YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    Thorold, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,942
    Posts Per Day
    1.92
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1219
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Thanks (Given)
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    853

    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Thumbs up

    Way to go Oilers!!! They keep getting better as this series goes on!

    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  4. Duke Liked This Post
  5. #468
    Top Of The World
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.10.04
    Location
    Slightly North of Sanity
    Posts
    4,566
    Posts Per Day
    0.71
    Favorite VH Album

    Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

    Ditto
    Last Online

    05.25.22 @ 07:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    6
    Thanks (Given)
    117
    Thanks (Received)
    68

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Play La Bamba, Baby!

    Lets Go Oilers!
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

    This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

  6. YankeeRose, MF5150, atomicpunk5151 Liked This Post
  7. #469
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24,569
    Posts Per Day
    3.72
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    5372
    Likes (Received)
    3061
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Play La Bamba, Baby!

    Lets Go Oilers!
    I wanted to see Calgary win but this is really a series where either team advancing would be great.

    If only the Oilers had a great goalie. They’d be a shoe-in to the Finals and probably to have their names etched on the Cup.

    I just don’t see Mike Smith getting by Colorado, if they end up getting by Saint Louis. He’s too much of a liability.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  8. #470
    Hot For Teacher
    bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    39
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11,341
    Posts Per Day
    1.60
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    407
    Likes (Received)
    790
    Thanks (Given)
    1184
    Thanks (Received)
    3391


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Ugh, been away from the Links for a few days, but I haven't gone into hiding. This has been a frustrating series for sure. Granted, I knew the Blues were the underdog and things would have to go well for them to even have a chance, but the way it has gone down reminds me of playoff failures of the past. Game three was the pivot on this series for sure. The Blues were up 1-0 and dominating play, getting on their forecheck. The Avs first goal was offsides by about 3 feet and should have been blown dead immediately. Because the NHL only has certain angles for the replay the Blues didn't feel comfortable challenging knowing it could result in a powerplay against, so they let it stand. It reminded me of the hand pass in 2019.

    Buchnevich's interference in front of the goal where he was fighting for position was a bad call and it cost the Blues a goal that would hve made it 2-1. Instead, the Avs got a powerplay, and to their credit, they converted. It was basically a three goal swing via bad luck and bad calls. It's going go both ways over the course of a series, but to happen at a critical juncture just makes it hurt.

    Binner getting run (second time this series) and getting injured is shades of Nick Kypreos on Grant Fuhr in 1996. It took what could have been a great team and turned it into an average team.

    The Avs' speed is just tough to match, and while it can be done as evidenced in game 3, it's no secret the Blues needed some bounces and some luck to win the series and to have it go against you like this it just isn't in the cards.

    Nazim Kadri has a reputation for injuring key players. He did it to the Blues last year with Justin Faulk, which is why Blues fans want to see him pureed in blender. The series is likely over tonight which is tough, but I've seen the best cup run in NHL history in 2019, so I can't complain

    Oh, and Kroenke sucks.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  9. #471
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    MD 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.20
    Posts
    5,359
    Posts Per Day
    8.64
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    5517
    Likes (Received)
    1732
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Ugh, been away from the Links for a few days, but I haven't gone into hiding. This has been a frustrating series for sure. Granted, I knew the Blues were the underdog and things would have to go well for them to even have a chance, but the way it has gone down reminds me of playoff failures of the past. Game three was the pivot on this series for sure. The Blues were up 1-0 and dominating play, getting on their forecheck. The Avs first goal was offsides by about 3 feet and should have been blown dead immediately. Because the NHL only has certain angles for the replay the Blues didn't feel comfortable challenging knowing it could result in a powerplay against, so they let it stand. It reminded me of the hand pass in 2019.

    Buchnevich's interference in front of the goal where he was fighting for position was a bad call and it cost the Blues a goal that would hve made it 2-1. Instead, the Avs got a powerplay, and to their credit, they converted. It was basically a three goal swing via bad luck and bad calls. It's going go both ways over the course of a series, but to happen at a critical juncture just makes it hurt.

    Binner getting run (second time this series) and getting injured is shades of Nick Kypreos on Grant Fuhr in 1996. It took what could have been a great team and turned it into an average team.

    The Avs' speed is just tough to match, and while it can be done as evidenced in game 3, it's no secret the Blues needed some bounces and some luck to win the series and to have it go against you like this it just isn't in the cards.

    Nazim Kadri has a reputation for injuring key players. He did it to the Blues last year with Justin Faulk, which is why Blues fans want to see him pureed in blender. The series is likely over tonight which is tough, but I've seen the best cup run in NHL history in 2019, so I can't complain

    Oh, and Kroenke sucks.

  10. #472
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24,569
    Posts Per Day
    3.72
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    5372
    Likes (Received)
    3061
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default NHL 2021/22 Season - This is the Leafs’ Year...........It has to be, right?.......

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Ugh, been away from the Links for a few days, but I haven't gone into hiding. This has been a frustrating series for sure. Granted, I knew the Blues were the underdog and things would have to go well for them to even have a chance, but the way it has gone down reminds me of playoff failures of the past. Game three was the pivot on this series for sure. The Blues were up 1-0 and dominating play, getting on their forecheck. The Avs first goal was offsides by about 3 feet and should have been blown dead immediately. Because the NHL only has certain angles for the replay the Blues didn't feel comfortable challenging knowing it could result in a powerplay against, so they let it stand. It reminded me of the hand pass in 2019.

    Buchnevich's interference in front of the goal where he was fighting for position was a bad call and it cost the Blues a goal that would hve made it 2-1. Instead, the Avs got a powerplay, and to their credit, they converted. It was basically a three goal swing via bad luck and bad calls. It's going go both ways over the course of a series, but to happen at a critical juncture just makes it hurt.

    Binner getting run (second time this series) and getting injured is shades of Nick Kypreos on Grant Fuhr in 1996. It took what could have been a great team and turned it into an average team.

    The Avs' speed is just tough to match, and while it can be done as evidenced in game 3, it's no secret the Blues needed some bounces and some luck to win the series and to have it go against you like this it just isn't in the cards.

    Nazim Kadri has a reputation for injuring key players. He did it to the Blues last year with Justin Faulk, which is why Blues fans want to see him pureed in blender. The series is likely over tonight which is tough, but I've seen the best cup run in NHL history in 2019, so I can't complain

    Oh, and Kroenke sucks.
    Kadri’s a prick. Can’t stand him.

    But comparing the play itself to the threats and abuse he faced from Blues fans is just way out of whack. And Berube did the team and the fanbase a disservice by not addressing it and calling those fans out.

    Nobody deserves to get death threats to the point that they are being guarded by police for anything that happens on the ice.

    But the play that resulted in Binnington’s injury was completely and utterly faultless. There was nothing dirty about it, whatsoever.

    It’s a terrible pill for Blues fans to have to swallow, though. Not sure I’d be able to, either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.25.22 at 09:23 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  11. #473
    Hot For Teacher
    bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    39
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11,341
    Posts Per Day
    1.60
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    407
    Likes (Received)
    790
    Thanks (Given)
    1184
    Thanks (Received)
    3391


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Kadri’s a prick. Can’t stand him.

    But comparing the play itself to the threats and abuse he faced from Blues fans is just way out of whack. And Berube did the team and the fanbase a disservice by not addressing it and calling those fans out.

    Nobody deserves to get death threats to the point that they are being guarded by police for anything that happens on the ice.

    But the play that resulted in Binnington’s injury was completely and utterly faultless. There was nothing dirty about it, whatsoever.

    It’s a terrible pill for Blues fans to have to swallow, though. Not sure I’d be able to, either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My desire to see him placed in a blender is a euphemism of course. I agree players' families shouldn't be targeted with this stuff--that's asinine. But let's be real, every player gets threats over twitter or instagram when events like this happen. If Nick Kypreos or Mike Ricci had a twitter they would have received equal hatred and wish for an early demise. However, that doesn't make it ok and it's even less acceptable to be bringing race or religion into it. That stuff just doesn't belong and the fans I know are willing to call each other out on that.

    Still, I'm not willing to fall over myself with apologies for him being a victim. The guy is a piece of shit and shouldn't be playing in the NHL in my opinion. He has left a trail of injuries and suspensions along the way that makes his resume unique. For all of the people acting like the Blues were out of line for targeting him, I say please. This guy has been doing this night in and night out his whole career. He deserves every bit of it. Granted, he got the last laugh with his hatty (for now).
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  12. YankeeRose Liked This Post
  13. #474
    Hang 'Em High
    atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    17,149
    Posts Per Day
    2.60
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    568
    Likes (Received)
    728
    Thanks (Given)
    2797
    Thanks (Received)
    3051

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I wanted to see Calgary win but this is really a series where either team advancing would be great.

    If only the Oilers had a great goalie. They’d be a shoe-in to the Finals and probably to have their names etched on the Cup.

    I just don’t see Mike Smith getting by Colorado, if they end up getting by Saint Louis. He’s too much of a liability.
    The Oilers almost CHOKED that game away. They blew a 3-0 lead.

    That goal on Mike Smith from the other end of the rink was brutal. Sure he can laugh about it now because they won, but damn, if the Flames had won that game, we got a whole new series.

  14. #475
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24,569
    Posts Per Day
    3.72
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    5372
    Likes (Received)
    3061
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    My desire to see him placed in a blender is a euphemism of course. I agree players' families shouldn't be targeted with this stuff--that's asinine. But let's be real, every player gets threats over twitter or instagram when events like this happen. If Nick Kypreos or Mike Ricci had a twitter they would have received equal hatred and wish for an early demise. However, that doesn't make it ok and it's even less acceptable to be bringing race or religion into it. That stuff just doesn't belong and the fans I know are willing to call each other out on that.

    Still, I'm not willing to fall over myself with apologies for him being a victim. The guy is a piece of shit and shouldn't be playing in the NHL in my opinion. He has left a trail of injuries and suspensions along the way that makes his resume unique. For all of the people acting like the Blues were out of line for targeting him, I say please. This guy has been doing this night in and night out his whole career. He deserves every bit of it. Granted, he got the last laugh with his hatty (for now).
    I wasn’t referring to your blender comment.

    Apparently he had to have a police escort because the threats were so voluminous and serious.

    Perron also made a fool of himself and hurt his team by doing nothing but trying to go after Kadri on the ice. Especially when Perron tried to Dale Hunter Kadri after he scored a goal. If he connects with that elbow he’s gone for the rest of the playoffs and well into next season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  15. #476
    Super Duper Frontman
    YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    Thorold, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,942
    Posts Per Day
    1.92
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1219
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Thanks (Given)
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    853

    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Thumbs up

    Connor is with the all-time greats this postseason!

    o
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  16. #477
    Super Duper Frontman
    YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    Thorold, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,942
    Posts Per Day
    1.92
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1219
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Thanks (Given)
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    853

    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I wasn’t referring to your blender comment.

    Apparently he had to have a police escort because the threats were so voluminous and serious.

    Perron also made a fool of himself and hurt his team by doing nothing but trying to go after Kadri on the ice. Especially when Perron tried to Dale Hunter Kadri after he scored a goal. If he connects with that elbow he’s gone for the rest of the playoffs and well into next season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death threats are nothing new to NHL players. In 1956 Ted Lindsay & Gordie Howe were given death threats, and told that they would be shot by a sniper in Maple Leaf Gardens. So Ted Lindsay responded after the game by going to center ice and pretend shooting at Leaf fans!

    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  17. #478
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24,569
    Posts Per Day
    3.72
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    5372
    Likes (Received)
    3061
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    Death threats are nothing new to NHL players. In 1956 Ted Lindsay & Gordie Howe were given death threats, and told that they would be shot by a sniper in Maple Leaf Gardens. So Ted Lindsay responded after the game by going to center ice and pretend shooting at Leaf fans!

    And it was horrifically wrong then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  18. #479
    Super Duper Frontman
    YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    Thorold, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,942
    Posts Per Day
    1.92
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1219
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Thanks (Given)
    665
    Thanks (Received)
    853

    Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    And it was horrifically wrong then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, there is no need for death threats over a game.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  19. #480
    Hang 'Em High
    atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    17,149
    Posts Per Day
    2.60
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    568
    Likes (Received)
    728
    Thanks (Given)
    2797
    Thanks (Received)
    3051

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    Connor is with the all-time greats this postseason!

    o
    McDavid has been fantastic so far.

    But stats through 8 or 9 playoff games really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

    It is what he does though at least 16 games. If he doesn't win a CUP, all those points don't mean anything. I am sure he would tell you the same thing.


    It is a pretty great story. I am not rooting for any team in particular, but seeing McDavid go to the next level this post season has been a GREAT journey to follow. You can't help but root for the guy.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MLB 2021
    By Raldo in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 3831
    Last Post: 11.06.21, 11:14 AM
  2. Easter 2021
    By Number 47 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.31.21, 11:03 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.06.10, 05:45 AM
  4. Spoiler Alert: Some Season Finales for 2007 TV Season...
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05.12.07, 05:27 PM
  5. Go Leafs Go...VH mentioned on Hockey Night In Canada .....
    By Brownsound2000 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.26.01, 07:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •