JOHN 5: All Former Members Of VAN HALEN Should Take Part In Hypothetical EVH Tribute - Page 5
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  51
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Today @ 09:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Wish we would stop comparing any Eddie tribute to that Mercury one, first off, everyone was still in their prime who performed at that thing.

This would be old old people, which is fine.

Cause I don't want Miley Cyrus anywhere near this thing.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    Yep. That said, the Zappa take on Unchained was a good one.

Nitpick much, but all guys listed in bold are from the same era, genre of rock and 80's guitar world magazine issues... Billy Idol and Steve Stevens. Hmmm... You can't get more 80s than these guys (these pics are form 2013 btw).

Jokes aside, Mozart is overrated. Chopin all the way.
    I would hardly call Mozart, overrated, but Chopin is my mom's favorite composer.

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    Yep. That said, the Zappa take on Unchained was a good one.

Nitpick much, but all guys listed in bold are from the same era, genre of rock and 80's guitar world magazine issues... Billy Idol and Steve Stevens. Hmmm... You can't get more 80s than these guys (these pics are form 2013 btw).

Jokes aside, Mozart is overrated. Chopin all the way.
    lol I love Classical music and a wide variety of it. Mozart is just a cliche comment to express my admiration for Edward's rare heightened gifts.

I didn't say NO to 80's or similar era musicians, I just love the idea of the participants being a broader section of artists..big names from various genres and even eras if possible.

I agree with Zappa, if a tribute happens it would be fitting if Dweezil participated. Long personal history with EVH, fantastic player. John 5 or Vai could be cool too as not only have they sung the praises of EVH they've worked with DLR.

I'm not nitpicking lol just tossed ideas off the top of my head to make a point. I assume you weren't cherry picking leaving out people I mentioned who weren't 80's guitarists. lol

I recently saw a video of Tony Macapline on a Rick Beato video and he's an exceptional pianist. I believe he played keys in a variation of Vai's solo band at one point. I think he'd be a cool choice to handle the EVH keyboard stuff.

Anyway it's highly unlikely an official tribute with blessings from Al etc will happen and probably less likely Al or Dave would participate..but since were dreaming and just tossing ideas at the wall I'm just saying what I think would be great. I haven't put a ton of thought into who should participate and what they should play.

I love a lot of the 80's players like Lynch etc. No disrespect meant to anyone of them or their fans. I just don't like the idea of a tribute with the surviving members and just 80's guitar guys filling in for Ed.

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Balance/Van Halen I/FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

GoodEnough/BigFatMoney/ATBL/JD
    Last Online

Today @ 08:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    I would hardly call Mozart, overrated, but Chopin is my mom's favorite composer.

It's funny cause Starry Night might be my favorite painting ever. Plus I love both Van Gogh and Dali so...

Nice segue
    "If it sounds good, it is good" - Eddie Van Halen, 1981

"If you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" - EVH, 1996

5. I Coulda Hada VH, wombattt Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Balance/Van Halen I/FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

GoodEnough/BigFatMoney/ATBL/JD
    Last Online

Today @ 08:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post

I'm not nitpicking lol just tossed ideas off the top of my head to make a point. I assume you weren't cherry picking leaving out people I mentioned who weren't 80's guitarists. lol

I recently saw a video of Tony Macapline on a Rick Beato video and he's an exceptional pianist. I believe he played keys in a variation of Vai's solo band at one point. I think he'd be a cool choice to handle the EVH keyboard stuff.

Anyway it's highly unlikely an official tribute with blessings from Al etc will happen and probably less likely Al or Dave would participate..but since were dreaming and just tossing ideas at the wall I'm just saying what I think would be great. I haven't put a ton of thought into who should participate and what they should play.

I love a lot of the 80's players like Lynch etc. No disrespect meant to anyone of them or their fans. I just don't like the idea of a tribute with the surviving members and just 80's guitar guys filling in for Ed.
    1 Hey, it was me who was me nitpicking, not you I was just joking, having fun.

2 Tony McAlpine is a big Chopin fan.

3 George Lynch... He recently did ATBL cover/rendition live. It was his take on it but...IMO it sucked. I don't know, maybe he had a bad day?

"If it sounds good, it is good" - Eddie Van Halen, 1981

"If you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" - EVH, 1996

7. Little Dreamer Liked This Post