Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    That was my reaction to seeing and hearing this come from his mouth....Disrespectful as all hell, Dave....And yes, I couldn’t fathom spending more than a few hours with him. I’d toss the fucker through the nearest window in no time...
    Don't worry he would never spend any time around you.

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

"My guitarist passed away".

"Tonight’s about me man and not your fucking hip..."

VMA '96 Redux.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 08:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

"For awhile there, I thought I was the hip replacement!"

- David Lee Roth after the failed reunion in 1996
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 06:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-LikedMaster Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsRookie

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post

"Tonight’s about me man and not your fucking hip..."

VMA '96 Redux.
    Diamond Dave at the 2021 VMA's

6. Zen Halen Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by iplayguitaralot View Post
    he said passed away. and he was DLR’s guitar player.
    Yeah. Tell that to Sammy Hagar. And David lee Roth x3 and lest of all Gary cherone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    The thought of Al and Dave talking everyday is a nice one.

Any chance we could get some confirmation on that from Al?
    I genuinely wish this was true and that all of them coexist on more than just a business level. But based on my experience, what I’ve read and heard, other than the very beginning, Al Mike and Ed were never close with Dave and didn’t appear to have the type of friendship where they confided in one another ever. I don’t believe for one second after around 1980 Dave did not have what we would consider a normal close friendship with any of those guys.) Frankly so what. Still the best music I’ve ever heard created. As I’ve said those first six were lighting in a bottle. And their contrived “close friendship” sold to us played no roll in helping that music get made. (Except Ed and Al being brothers). I do believe Al was more involved at times than we know sfrom what I have seen and believe.

Al talking to Dave almost everyday? The only way that’s happening is if they’re talking business, releasing a box set, what to do with the mountain of music in various states of completion that Dave has a financial interest in, etc, etc… I don’t believe for a second these are close friends leaning on each other’s shoulder. Hate being pessimistic but I’d have to check my brain at the door to believe otherwise.I also recall Wolf recently (just after Ed passed), he made a comment about him liking Sam and having a good relationship with him. Or at least it was inferred. That same interview, he was asked something about Dave and he had a totally different tone. Didn’t trash Dave but it was nothing like the positive tone he had when he spoke about Sam. Weird. I may be reading to much into this, but it was noticeable to me.

Lastly, Dave wasn’t slagging Eddie. At least not intentionally in the “My guitarist passed”. Just Dave being Dave. The only slights or less than complementary exchanges or statements have been Between Dave and Sam 80% of the time. Back around 2015 when they were touring, Ed matter of factly said “Dave doesn’t want to be my friend.” Same theme going back to the early 80’s. Not a slight on anyone, just appears to be they were amazing creatively they just didn’t like each other’s company. And Roth was a narcissist 83-87 in my opinion. So they don’t/didn’t like each other going back long before 85. I COULD CARE LESS st this point. It’s mutual between them and for the love of God there is WAY to much being read into stupid comments they made over many decade. Mostly Sam gets asked Dave questions because he out there playing, in the public, a ton more than Dave.

Sam’s always been accessible. He answers the questions put to him and what his perception is and an honest reply to him is printed/recorded/released and he gets torn to shreds. (By us anyway…) Period, end of story.

He’s not holding press convergences and making new stuff up about Dave ever 6 months. Yes, he could have said “I am not talking about Dave anymore. Anything else positive about VH, ask away.” Not in his DNA I guess. I think we will all live. And he can obviously live with negative backlash that he seems to not understand what the big deal is. And it’s not like Dave hasn’t given back what he’s been given. Even after Ed passed, he’s taking shots at Sam in his bizarre art. Dave can and does hold his own.

Maybe someday they’ll shut about each other. (I’m not holding my breath though!) I will close with, I do find it odd that while I think CVH is substantially better, important and with Dave they were the biggest coolest most badass hard rock band on the planet when disco, corporate rock and punk were taking over. Long live the savior VAN HALEN!!
    Last edited by Destructo3; 09.14.21 at 10:28 AM.

9. Zen Halen, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default David Lee Roth On Eddie Van Halen Passing

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Not a great soundbyte from Dave. Certainly not going to crucify him for it, but it doesn’t come off well. Much like some of the shit Sam has said/done doesn’t come off well.

And fuck, let’s be honest, if Sam said nothing about Ed’s death for almost a year and then referred to him as “my guitar player” on the VMA red carpet in a 2 minute rambling interview...there’d be Linkers booking flights to Cabo to burn his club down.

Charlie Watts once punched Mick in the face for referring to him as ”my drummer”.

The message applies to this, as well. Ed was nobody’s “guitar player”. The band was never Dave’s.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Not a great soundbyte from Dave. Certainly not going to crucify him for it, but it doesn’t come off well. Much like some of the shit Sam has said/done doesn’t come off well.

And fuck, let’s be honest, if Sam said nothing about Ed’s death for almost a year and then referred to him as “my guitar player” on the VMA red carpet in a 2 minute rambling interview...there’d been Linkers booking flights to Cabo to burn his club down.

Charlie Watts once punched Mick in the face for referring to him as ”my drummer”. The message applies to this, as well.

Forgot about that Watts punch.

I guess I see the borderline.

Dave shouldn't be so flippant when mentioning the greatest.

12. JUNGLE DRUMMER, Jedi McFly Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Lololol lolololololololol

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I’m surprised security wasn’t called when Roth came to the red carpet. Did anyone really recognize him? Why would he even be there. That MTV thing is shit show.

Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

09.23.21 @ 09:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo3 View Post
    I genuinely wish this was true and that all of them coexist on more than just a business level. But based on my experience, what I’ve read and heard, other than the very beginning, Al Mike and Ed were never close with Dave and didn’t appear to have the type of friendship where they confided in one another ever. I don’t believe for one second after around 1980 Dave did not have what we would consider a normal close friendship with any of those guys.) Frankly so what. Still the best music I’ve ever heard created. As I’ve said those first six were lighting in a bottle. And their contrived “close friendship” sold to us played no roll in helping that music get made. (Except Ed and Al being brothers). I do believe Al was more involved at times than we know sfrom what I have seen and believe.

Al talking to Dave almost everyday? The only way that’s happening is if they’re talking business, releasing a box set, what to do with the mountain of music in various states of completion that Dave has a financial interest in, etc, etc… I don’t believe for a second these are close friends leaning on each other’s shoulder. Hate being pessimistic but I’d have to check my brain at the door to believe otherwise.I also recall Wolf recently (just after Ed passed), he made a comment about him liking Sam and having a good relationship with him. Or at least it was inferred. That same interview, he was asked something about Dave and he had a totally different tone. Didn’t trash Dave but it was nothing like the positive tone he had when he spoke about Sam. Weird. I may be reading to much into this, but it was noticeable to me.

Lastly, Dave wasn’t slagging Eddie. At least not intentionally in the “My guitarist passed”. Just Dave being Dave. The only slights or less than complementary exchanges or statements have been Between Dave and Sam 80% of the time. Back around 2015 when they were touring, Ed matter of factly said “Dave doesn’t want to be my friend.” Same theme going back to the early 80’s. Not a slight on anyone, just appears to be they were amazing creatively they just didn’t like each other’s company. And Roth was a narcissist 83-87 in my opinion. So they don’t/didn’t like each other going back long before 85. I COULD CARE LESS st this point. It’s mutual between them and for the love of God there is WAY to much being read into stupid comments they made over many decade. Mostly Sam gets asked Dave questions because he out there playing, in the public, a ton more than Dave.

Sam’s always been accessible. He answers the questions put to him and what his perception is and an honest reply to him is printed/recorded/released and he gets torn to shreds. (By us anyway…) Period, end of story.

He’s not holding press convergences and making new stuff up about Dave ever 6 months. Yes, he could have said “I am not talking about Dave anymore. Anything else positive about VH, ask away.” Not in his DNA I guess. I think we will all live. And he can obviously live with negative backlash that he seems to not understand what the big deal is. And it’s not like Dave hasn’t given back what he’s been given. Even after Ed passed, he’s taking shots at Sam in his bizarre art. Dave can and does hold his own.

Maybe someday they’ll shut about each other. (I’m not holding my breath though!) I will close with, I do find it odd that while I think CVH is substantially better, important and with Dave they were the biggest coolest most badass hard rock band on the planet when disco, corporate rock and punk were taking over. Long live the savior VAN HALEN!!
    Sammy Hagar has acted like what he is: a self promoting asshole since Ed died.
    ''I'm back in he said so. Hey I was going be in Van Halen again" has been his mantra for a year now along with the Dave is gay undertone and I'm a real man stuff.

Dave wanted to make that comment about Ed and heaven. It was obviously a thought out line.
    "My fellow band mate and legendary guitar player passed away:Eddie Van Halen", would have been better.
    I wouldn't read anything more into it other than a sloppy setup.

17. xk319, JUNGLE DRUMMER, DRFC, DFVH5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:55 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Could it be worded better? Yeah

I am willing to give him a pass on it though since this is really his first public comment about Eddie. Also was likely a bit in "Dave" mode being out in public. Maybe wanted to say something witty and maybe a filter should have been put on. I didn't take offense to it or didn't even think of it. Was kind of a bit interested in the heaven and hell comment

Now if he goes out for the next 8 months referring as Eddie has his guitar player, well then its a different story.

19. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    Lololol lolololololololol
    Zoolander is still one of my guilty pleasure movies.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

And fuck, let’s be honest, if Sam said nothing about Ed’s death for almost a year and then referred to him as “my guitar player” on the VMA red carpet in a 2 minute rambling interview...there’d be Linkers booking flights to Cabo to burn his club down.

Charlie Watts once punched Mick in the face for referring to him as ”my drummer”.

The message applies to this, as well. Ed was nobody’s “guitar player”. The band was never Dave’s.

Exactly..Well said.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

22. Zen Halen Liked This Post