Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points

Default 9/11/01 - Never Forget

In many different ways, we were all somehow affected by the events that occurred on 9/11/2001.
    I don’t have any words of wisdom except that on the 20th anniversary….please remember the heroes.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

2. billy007, Elwood P., jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

It's interesting when we talk about Never Forget as I think so many young people don't know anything about 9/11. I learned that the hard way when one of my daughters asked about it yesterday. It was mentioned during wrestling last night and while she's heard the time a hundred times she just didn't get it. Hard to explain this stuff to 10-year-olds. I gotta take the kids to NYC one of these years so they can get a feel for what happened.

4. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Me, my wife and 1.5 year old son were driving from central Virginia to Gettysburg PA that fateful morning to meet my in laws, who were there via a tour bus from northern NY.

The highway signs in Northern VA said “International Incident I-395 Closed”. We tuned in to NPR and found out what was occurring. I hit the beltway looking to the sky; I had no idea we were essentially in the hornets nest. Instead of touring Gettysburg, we all stood around and watched events unfold on the TV. Just 100 miles west was Shanksville PA where the heroes aboard Flight 93 indeed rolled.

6. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Default 9/11/01 - Never Forget

20 years....

It is surreal to know that to younger people this was just some historically distant event much like people my age viewed things that happened in the late 70’s - early 80’s as distant in 2001....

Meanwhile, I can tell you almost everything about that day down to the thought I had...in a Grade 8 classroom...about why my teacher was in such a poor mood for most of that day ...she never told us anything about what had happened and what was going on...but I distinctly remember thinking that something was wrong with her...

Walking out of school at 2:35 that day, biting my nails as I walked to the car as I had a habit of doing those days...getting into the car my Dad asking me, Are you nervous about what happened?....

I obviously answered No and that’s when he told me that Pearson Airport (YYZ) had been locked down because of something that happened in New York - a plane hit the Twin Towers. I’d never heard of them at the time. But Mom was a customs officer so I remember immediately thinking she was in danger. I called her as soon as I got home to make sure there was no danger of anything happening at the airport.

Then it was an evening of watching the images...images that would have been unrealistic in a movie....playing out in real life.

I get more emotional now watching than I ever did then....especially hearing the calls from people on the planes and towers to their loved ones. It was impossible for me, a 13 year old, to relate to just what I was listening to and seeing, having never loved...never lost. Having never had anybody aside from my parents, in my life who I’d be thinking about in a terrifying moment such as that.....or god forbid, if the roles were reversed and it was them in the air and me on the ground....

Now, in 2021...the thing that hits me instantly is the calm in every one of their voices....because, I imagine, they didn’t want whoever it was who was getting that call to be scared for them....

Heartbreaking, isn’t a strong or impactful enough word....

For as long as I’m shuffling around, I’ll never forget that day.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

8. Rokgtar Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

To all those we lost on that day and because of that day, "May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest".
    =VH=

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

I was at work and an I had an outside sales rep on the phone giving him an order when he said a plane just hit the World Trade Center. We thought it was probably a small Cessna etc. We where wrong. I just want to pray for all the living relatives that have to still deal with this everyday. Its probably more than the actual killed. They just found some more remains a week ago. And as for all the military that was involved in the retribution of this heinous act of cowardice and killed and wounded for what now looks like nothing we remember you too. I can't say never again like they do in Israel because this type of thing may not be preventable again. RIP
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

11. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I can remember starting my work day which always started with a quick browse of the internet. I opened up MSNBC (still can't believe it but I did love that site back then) and there was a headline of a small plane or helicopter hitting WTC. Showed fire etc and while it looked much more than that, it was the story. Obviously in 30 minutes or so things changed. However I can still see the MSNBC story in my head 20 years later

Decided to watch local news which cut to about a 30 minute summary of the events as they happeend. Still shook me to my core. Was thinking of watching a football game in a bar but going to pass on it. Today is not the day for that

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Boggles my mind that guys can be on Twitter promoting 9/11, posting pictures of Osama Bin Laden, starting trends like #loveosama, and Twitter is ok with that.

But if an American says something they don't like, banned.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

14. edwardv, It's Mike, MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

I hate social media except for here on the Links. F twitter.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

16. Elwood P., Rokgtar, VH1986 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Proud to say I never joined Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat. I would drop FB but how the hell else am I gonna keep up with family. Sure as hell don't wanna see them in person.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

10.07.21 @ 03:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da RoundtableMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

I was driving on I-35 headed to U.T. of Austin…when I turned on the radio and heard about the first plane, I remember thinking well a small plane had hit the Empire State Building before, then I remember how unusual it is to see a plane over Manhattan…they radio cut to an on site eyewitness who was describing the large gash in the building when the other plane approached..everyone around him was starting to get excited and when the plane struck Tower 2, the reported yelled Jesus F$&@#ing Christ! That’s when I knew we were under attack.

Seemed like everyone on I-35 was listening to the same broadcast…every other driver had that lost expression of disbelief.

As I made my way on the campus two black Chevy Suburbans raced off campus…later learned that was the Secret Service detail for Jenna Bush (a U.T. Student at the time) wisking her off campus to a secure location.

I parked and grabbed my stuff and started to make my way across campus when I got a phone call, from overseas. It was an Air Force friend of mine calling to find out what happened. He had gotten out at the same time I did, but was working at US Embassy. I told him, he said something I will not repeat. I didn’t hear from him again for over 6 months. When I did I asked him point blank if he was working for the company. Normally a company man will deny it, laugh it off or hang up…he just said yes. He didn’t need to say any more.

I rushed to get coffee, always a priority, and in front of a TV screen to see what was happening. I watched in shock, in the back lobby of the Business building as Tower 2, crumbled.

As the day went on classes where still held, but with a pale of cognitive dissonance. One of the Finance Prof’s husband was at the World Trade Center that morning

I didn’t see the full footage of everything until I got home that night…and they kept running it over and over.
    Last edited by wombattt; 09.11.21 at 08:55 AM.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

19. MF5150 Liked This Post
    . . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I can remember starting my work day which always started with a quick browse of the internet. I opened up MSNBC (still can't believe it but I did love that site back then) and there was a headline of a small plane or helicopter hitting WTC. Showed fire etc and while it looked much more than that, it was the story. Obviously in 30 minutes or so things changed. However I can still see the MSNBC story in my head 20 years later

Decided to watch local news which cut to about a 30 minute summary of the events as they happeend. Still shook me to my core. Was thinking of watching a football game in a bar but going to pass on it. Today is not the day for that
    Nah! That's exactly what you should do... this is America... and the main reason they flew planes into those towers.

21. edwardv, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Unhappy

I was in class at College when it happened. My teacher ran into our class and told the class "the world trade center was just attacked and that the world was ending!"

I watched what was happening on my break in a lounge area on T.V. at school after it.

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

23. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I was at work and an I had an outside sales rep on the phone giving him an order when he said a plane just hit the World Trade Center. We thought it was probably a small Cessna etc. We where wrong. I just want to pray for all the living relatives that have to still deal with this everyday. Its probably more than the actual killed. They just found some more remains a week ago. And as for all the military that was involved in the retribution of this heinous act of cowardice and killed and wounded for what now looks like nothing we remember you too. I can't say never again like they do in Israel because this type of thing may not be preventable again. RIP
    I too remember thinking it was a Cessna or something small. Turned off NPR until we saw the I-395 closed messages. Jesus Christ, what an awful day.

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points50,000 VHL Life Points

Think I heard about it on Stern - same thought - small plane - tragic but stuff happens. Then…

Still hard to think about. FUCK anyone that thinks it was phony or otherwise disrespects the REAL lives that were lost that day (and the lives of those that have had to go on without them)
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

26. wombattt Liked This Post