09.17.21 @ 03:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Afghanistan August 2021

Just heard the President's speech about the chaos in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, his comments, outlook and assessment of this are wrong and utterly predictable. I will say that I don't blame Joe Biden 100% for this, the way that many are right now. This isn't a situation that he created, he just happened to be there when the inevitable outcome of decades of failed war-fighting policies became reality. This is a failure that crosses party lines and Presidencies. It's a failure created by policy makers that neither understand the nature of the enemy nor the realities of warfare. Its a failure fueled by our goodness as a nation, and a naivety that we understand the motivations of people whose belief systems bear no resemblance to our own.

Presidents Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden all got it wrong, along with our Congress, and Joint Chiefs. It's really difficult to say that they are at fault though, because nobody would ever get elected telling the truth that I am about to tell. People in this country don't want to believe it, and they don't want to hear it. They want to believe that they hold some more well developed understanding of geopolitics and negotiations that can avert the truth, but reality is reality. No matter how uncomfortable it is to hear or how much we want to believe we don't live in a world like this, it is true. The truth that I'm about so share is why war is a terrible thing, and should be avoided at all costs

The first thing you have to do is be honest about identifying your enemy. No flowery language, no politically correct phrases. The enemy in this case is Radical Muslim fundamentalists. If you can't get past what I just said, then you are the reason for what you are watching on TV. We can't even begin to have an honest conversation until we are honest about what we are fighting. Once you get past that, you have to understand your enemy. I'm talking about understanding their motivations, what they want, and what they are willing to do to get it. I'm not talking about understanding their feelings so we can try to change our language to make them feel better. I'm talking about finding out what is important to them and using that information to conduct more effective warfare if it comes to that. Once you have done that, you use that information to be honest about what you are willing to do to prevent their goals.

I can tell you that what I've observed is that many of the people who end up radicalized are ignorant people who are being manipulated by more intelligent people with agendas to achieve their ends. You don't see the Clerics blowing themselves up, because they are the ones who can read the Quran and pervert it's meaning to whatever they want. Let me put it into an analogy that is maybe easier to understand: Imagine a bunch of racist redneck KKK members who have been told all their life that all their problems are because of "the Blacks". Now, back that up with a few Bible verses and they believe they have the power of God behind what they believe. Well, we are basically dealing with the Muslim version of that. Everybody with a southern accent gets though of as a racist because of that group. This is mainly because even though they may not believe in everything the KKK is preaching, they aren't complaining about it, because in their world it's easier to keep your mouth shut than to stand up and be cut down by the mob.

In the case of the Muslim population, they are very serious about their religion. Even the "moderate" Muslims. We are talking about people who wrap their women from head to toe, and believe homosexuality should be punishable by death as a part of their belief system. Now imagine them watching 30 minutes of prime time commercial television and making their judgements based on that. Women half naked, commercials prominently normalizing same-sex relationships, and people people who can't decide what sex they are. It's not a stretch to see the disconnect is so vast that they could believe that we are the Great Satan. Whether we believe these people are evil, mislead, backwards, or peaceful, they absolutely hate us for who we are, no matter if they are "moderate" or not. The Radicalized elements are engaged in a Holy War to exterminate us from the planet. I'm not using the words Holy War as some kind of abstract concept, they believe it is their mission from God to remove us from this planet.

Just to put it into perspective, have you ever tried to talk a Christian out of their religion? Have you tried to convince someone that Global Warming isn't man-made, or is man-made? Have you tried to talk someone out of voting for a particular political candidate? Not too easy is it. Now, take that times about a Billion. The idea that we were ever going to "make them see the light" or co-exist in peace somehow has been the biggest naive exercise in wishful thinking that has ever been undertaken.

Keeping all this in mind, you have to make some decisions. As long as the radicalized people exist in numbers that can threaten the population around them into compliance, we are not only fighting the radicalized people, but the people around them. This is another unpopular truth that people once knew, but have somehow forgotten. In order to win a war, civilians have to die. We've spent untold trillions of dollars as a nation trying to make bombs that reduce the amount of civilian casualties, but those bombs don't win a war. The secret to winning a war is to get the non-militarized people to turn against the effort. Once you lose popular support of the population, the militants lose. You can't do that killing one bad-guy at a time. Unfortunately, in war, enough people need to die to take the fight out of the population as a whole and turn them against the militants. It has to be made clear that, if necessary, we will absolutely kill all of you to achieve our goal. In short, you have to pose a bigger existential threat to the population than their own militants, and show them that their militants cannot protect them.

Where we make our mistake is sending our military to fight a "humane" war, with rules of engagement that are not designed to achieve the mission or protect our soldiers, but are designed for public consumption to not seem like "bad guys". I hate to break it to you, but this enemy doesn't play by our rules. The Geneva Conventions means nothing to them. They don't fight to look like nice guys, they fight to win. If they have to strap a bomb to a four year old and send her into a checkpoint, they will. They will hide among civilians, in churches, hospitals and any place they know we won't attack. They have no compassion, no humanity, and no fear of dying. They are absolute in their intentions and will do absolutely anything to achieve their goals. We are like the soldiers at the beginning of WWI, lining up in columns after the invention of the machine gun. We need to stop fighting like "gentlemen" and adapt. We need to understand the the enemy dictates the rules of engagement.

The most humane thing we can do, and believe it or not, no matter how many lives are lost, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to our current policy, it would just look really ugly for a shorter amount of time. The policy should be absolute scorched earth. We do not want war, but if we have to engage in a war, we will absolutely decimate everything and anyone in our path. If you are a civilian, you better talk to your government, run or hide, because if we come, we are coming to achieve our mission and go home. You have to make the idea of our military absolutely terrifying. I'm not saying to target civilians, but I am saying that you warn them that anyone we see will be considered a combatant, so you better hide or surrender. You don't give them months to prepare for it. You don't negotiate anything but a full surrender. In this case, you demonstrate to every country that harbors, aids and abets Radical Muslims that this will happen to you if you don't pacify these people.

that is how you conduct warfare. Everything else is just high brow, faculty lounge bullshit.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Why do we need a thread for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

09.17.21 @ 03:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

is this not the right place here to post this? It says Political Underground. thought we were free to discuss this kind of stuff here.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    is this not the right place here to post this? It says Political Underground. thought we were free to discuss this kind of stuff here.
    Yes and no. If you look at the biden thread it all pours over there. Just odd to see someone do something the right way.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 05:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Can't win wars against radicals by being PC.

7. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 04:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I've been saying it for a long time on here, you have to be willing to kill everyone to win a war against certain countries.

Afghanistan is one of them.

We aren't willing to do it, and we need to modify our foreign policy knowing we aren't willing to do it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

America will be in a new conflict by the time the election comes in 2022.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 05:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

Any guess on the next nation building attempt?
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

I just went back to the World Trade Center/Pentagon Attacks from 20 years ago and have been reading posts from that horrible event. Its still incredible that those attacks even happened and now everything has ended in a huge clusterfuck.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Mongolia.

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    America will be in a new conflict by the time the election comes in 2022.
    Biden will be a one term president if he does.

14. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Mongolia.

Maybe the ancestors of Genghis Kahn are acting up again?

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

How about America?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

17. edwardv, jimmy812, Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

I just went back to the World Trade Center/Pentagon Attacks from 20 years ago and have been reading posts from that horrible event. Its still incredible that those attacks even happened and now everything has ended in a huge clusterfuck.
    I get the outrage over what happened. I remember September 11th and not knowing where my parents were(they were in Iowa, grounded). I lost a family member in the south tower. It affected a lot of lives. Ruined a lot of lives. I get the heat of the moment and going after the taliban and al quada. We should have killed as many as we could’ve and got out quick. The Iraq and the other “wars” shouldn’t have happened.

No one would’ve said shit.

Now, some people are going to resent us for being there and come back even worse with new tactics. It’s a vicious cycle and hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

19. edwardv Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    How about America?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Beat me to it.