Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

I only want Alex to play live again if it makes him happy. It would look weird to us all not to see Ed standing, strolling, or jumping in front the drum riser, but if I knew Al were happy, then I'd be happy.

My older brother and his friends loved Rush. I didn't "get" them until I was well into my adult life. I still consider myself a casual fan of their music, but I recognize the mastery of their musicianship. I wouldn't mind to see Al playing with such accomplished musicians.
    Edward Van Halen

2. YankeeRose Liked This Post
    carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    Yeah, maybe once Wolf gets himself and his own stuff established and decides to play a VH tune here and there, maybe Uncle Al will come out to a show when Wolf is playing nearby.
    i was actually thinking more in terms of the studio. Does Al play any reed instruments?
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    i was actually thinking more in terms of the studio. Does Al play any reed instruments?
    Well, there is that pic of he and Ed and those two brothers they were friends with in their house in Pasadena. The one with Ed sitting at the piano and Al blowing on the sax lol. Think Al was in the 4th or 5th grade at the time of that pic.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

09.25.21 @ 01:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I remember that time pretty well even though I was only about 10 years old. Thatís when I got into Van Halen and AC/DC. I remember kids writing Rush on their blue canvas notebooks so I did too even though I barely knew anything about them. Haha! Had to fit in man.

I donít remember that many chicks being at the Rush show. I didnít really look THAT closely but honestly I didnít notice many. But there were so many dudes dressed like it was still 1978, it was really funny. Again Iím sure thatís not how it is, itís just what I noticed probably because I was looking for it. But there is no question there were rows and rows of dudes doing air guitar and air drumming like Iíve never seen before.

Again thereís nothing wrong with any of this Iím just pointing out what I saw. It was just a different vibe at that Rush show than most concerts Iíve been to. Iím glad I got to say I saw them especially now with Neil Peart being gone. But I mean there was so much of that concert that was just boring to my friend and me because we donít know all their stuff that well. And so many of the songs were super long too.

Iím just not a huge fan of progressive rock like that. Itís not just Rush, I donít like most bands like that. Iím not big into watching bands jam for 20 minutes on a song, or overly long solos that just seem to go on and on and on, and 50 different key and time changes. Give me a good four minute song I can rock out to.
    and that's the main difference right there. A band like RUSH is a cult band with a big enough following to have survived 30 something years. They're going to attract more musicians than casual fans. A band like AC/DC is going to have a hardcore fanbase, a LOT of casual fans of good music you can groove to, and a handful of musicians. A band like VH has a great blend of both.

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

09.17.21 @ 09:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I guess the main reason that I was hopeful to see Alex playing with Ringo's All Starr Band was that it was meant to be an absolutely low pressure, fun gig that he would play with guys he is friends with (and respects), as well as playing with a Beatle. I love RUSH for certain things as I too have a part of them engrained in my DNA from when I was a kid in the 80's. My friends and I would spend a full day skiing in the NH white mountains and on the long drive home as we were all tired and spent, RUSH was the perfect soundtrack to end the day.

That being said, I would hate to see Alex anywhere near a stage with RUSH. It would be just weird to me and very unnecessary for Alex. I have seen a few All Starr shows and it's all about fun vibes and good times. I have played drums my whole life and can't imagine what it would be like to never play them again. I could only think that Eddie told Alex that he needs to keep playing even if just for himself. The most important thing obviously would be that he is happy and staying healthy.

I would also be happy to know that at some point he was up at 5150 on a regular basis combing through the vaults. He's probably the only guy that really knows what to make of most of that stuff.
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Van Hampshire View Post
    I guess the main reason that I was hopeful to see Alex playing with Ringo's All Starr Band was that it was meant to be an absolutely low pressure, fun gig that he would play with guys he is friends with (and respects), as well as playing with a Beatle. I love RUSH for certain things as I too have a part of them engrained in my DNA from when I was a kid in the 80's. My friends and I would spend a full day skiing in the NH white mountains and on the long drive home as we were all tired and spent, RUSH was the perfect soundtrack to end the day.

That being said, I would hate to see Alex anywhere near a stage with RUSH. It would be just weird to me and very unnecessary for Alex. I have seen a few All Starr shows and it's all about fun vibes and good times. I have played drums my whole life and can't imagine what it would be like to never play them again. I could only think that Eddie told Alex that he needs to keep playing even if just for himself. The most important thing obviously would be that he is happy and staying healthy.

I would also be happy to know that at some point he was up at 5150 on a regular basis combing through the vaults. He's probably the only guy that really knows what to make of most of that stuff.
    Well, on his birthday Alex made that Instagram post of a pic of he and Ed from 1984 and he said, "the view from my kit will never be the same." Now, just the way he worded his post implies he will still keep playing, but he may just play for himself and not necessarily ever in public again. Probably only he knows the answer to that right now.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.25.21 @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Ringo finally dropped his lawsuit against the sex toy company, so maybe he can get back to concentrating on music.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

Ringo and the sex toy lawsuit? How did I miss that one? Sounds like a Yellow Submarine got stuck in a dark place? Lol

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

09.24.21 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    I didn't "get" them until I was well into my adult life. I still consider myself a casual fan of their music, but I recognize the mastery of their musicianship. I wouldn't mind to see Al playing with such accomplished musicians.
    Same-sies.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.25.21 @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Ringo and the sex toy lawsuit? How did I miss that one? Sounds like a Yellow Submarine got stuck in a dark place? Lol

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    Saw it on the ticker over the weekend. Some company has a cock ring named "Ring-O" and he sued them, and he dropped it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DDL
    Last Online

07.21.21 @ 04:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

Ringo is a total idiot, I really have no time for him at all.
    What is understood need not be discussed - Sammy Hagar
    You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen