Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points

Eddie Trunk is the adult version of Stewart from Beavis and Butt-Head.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

07.18.21 @ 02:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    5,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    If it’s a charity event organized by Van Halen members that’s completely different.

I have no interest in seeing an EVH tribute event organized by VH members either. In fact that would bother me more because you would have 3/4 of the band up there with who.. Nuno or even worse Tom Morello on guitar? Or whoever. I can't get into the rest of the band (especially the original classic lineup) taking the stage without EVH.

Nothing is stopping musicians around the globe from having their own tribute shows to Eddie. More power to them. But 3/4 of the original band jamming without him? Nah. I'll pass. The only guy who wouldn't rub me completely the wrong way jamming with them would be Steve Lukather. Even then it still doesn't sit right with me.
    Last edited by sinners__swing; 06.22.21 at 10:35 AM.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default "The VH Tribute Concert Focus Should 100% be on Pop" - Wolf on Trunk

Quote Originally Posted by sinners__swing View Post
    I have no interest in seeing an EVH tribute event organized by VH members either. In fact that would bother me more because you would have 3/4 of the band up there with who.. Nuno or even worse Tom Morello on guitar? Or whoever. I can't get into the rest of the band (especially the original classic lineup) taking the stage without EVH.

Nothing is stopping musicians around the globe from having their own tribute shows to Eddie. More power to them. But 3/4 of the original band jamming without him? Nah. I'll pass. The only guy who wouldn't rub me completely the wrong way jamming with them would be Steve Lukather. Even then it still doesn't sit right with me.
    OK. Youíre entitled to your opinion. I donít happen to agree. If the members of the band wanted to do something I would support it. I donít really care about anybody else. I donít need a tribute to Eddie Van Halen by anyone frankly.

I donít really have an interest in seeing any version of Van Halen without the greatest guitar player to ever walk the planet, but I would certainly cheer the members of the band on if they wanted to do something for him. I donít care about what other people choose to do itís got no connection to me. Those guys do.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

4. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

OK. You’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t happen to agree. If the members of the band wanted to do something I would support it. I don’t really care about anybody else. I don’t need a tribute to Eddie Van Halen by anyone frankly.

I don’t really have an interest in seeing any version of Van Halen without the greatest guitar player to ever walk the planet, but I would certainly cheer the members of the band on if they wanted to do something for him. I don’t care about what other people choose to do it’s got no connection to me. Those guys do.
    Especially if they did it with guys who were actually friends and admirers of Ed, like Lukather, Dweezil, Nuno, Paul Gilbert etc.

6. Brett, Number 47 Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

OK. Youíre entitled to your opinion. I donít happen to agree. If the members of the band wanted to do something I would support it. I donít really care about anybody else. I donít need a tribute to Eddie Van Halen by anyone frankly.

I donít really have an interest in seeing any version of Van Halen without the greatest guitar player to ever walk the planet, but I would certainly cheer the members of the band on if they wanted to do something for him. I donít care about what other people choose to do itís got no connection to me. Those guys do.

What I'm saying is I have no interest in a watching a tribute with the members of the band or with random musicians with no original members. But, they have the choice to have one. More power to them. Apparently some people want to see any kind of tribute so I'm sure something will happen either way.

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Especially if they did it with guys who were actually friends and admirers of Ed, like Lukather, Dweezil, Nuno, Paul Gilbert etc.
    Out of all of those players Luke was the closest to Ed and he's a great guitar player. And from what I understand he's also very good friends with Al.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

What I'm saying is I have no interest in a watching a tribute with the members of the band or with random musicians with no original members. But, they have the choice to have one. More power to them. Apparently some people want to see any kind of tribute so I'm sure something will happen either way.
    I donít need any kind of tribute either. But if people wanted to do one, Ed certainly is worthy.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

One positive about this is that Wolfgang likely will have a big say. No disrespect to Uncle Al, but there does seem to be a much different direction to how Wolfgang handles his business compared to the Van Halen band. I think he will do it right

Kind of viewing it like Wolfgang's solo album. I was intrigued until I started hearing cuts. Same with this. If it happens, cool. Will see how it turns out

What I really would love to see more than this tribute is I guess a round table discussion of working with Eddie by Alex, Dave, Sam, Mike and Gary. Maybe invite Ted and Donn. No negativity of different eras. Just stories about the greatness of working with Eddie. When he came up with riffs, solos in the studio, his personality in good light. Just put the petty differences to the side and kind of do a wake in some sense.

Yeah never will happen but I would love that

11. JMJ Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    One positive about this is that Wolfgang likely will have a big say. No disrespect to Uncle Al, but there does seem to be a much different direction to how Wolfgang handles his business compared to the Van Halen band. I think he will do it right

Kind of viewing it like Wolfgang's solo album. I was intrigued until I started hearing cuts. Same with this. If it happens, cool. Will see how it turns out

What I really would love to see more than this tribute is I guess a round table discussion of working with Eddie by Alex, Dave, Sam, Mike and Gary. Maybe invite Ted and Donn. No negativity of different eras. Just stories about the greatness of working with Eddie. When he came up with riffs, solos in the studio, his personality in good light. Just put the petty differences to the side and kind of do a wake in some sense.

Yeah never will happen but I would love that
    Dig it

No reason why that canít be part of show that n some capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

I'm pretty much this..plus Im fairly certain we've heard the last from Al unfortunately, and I seriously doubt wolf would ask him. I'm just not all that interested either in hearing random musicians playing rwtd as a tribute
    Dealing with it.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

To me- people seem more worried and concerned about who is playing and possibly taking part than the actual point of paying tribute to Eddie which is the point

The fucking muppets could play for all I give a shit

Just want Eddie to get his due respect and moment

He deserves acknowledgement

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

15. Number 47, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    I'll Wait
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

It's not the fact that anyone simply just can't play like Eddie and serve it justice... it's about the fact that he made people pick up a guitar and make it their lives work too. Or something like that... but that's just me thinking out loud.

You don't need to ape a VH song, but you do need to show that you're dedicated to what you do... because of Ed.

17. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I cant remember an Elvis or Hendrix tribute concert? At least not on the level of Freddie Mercurys tribute. If it happens it should be as big as Freddies. If not forget it. He was a giant on guitar. Not just a star a GIANT. He did for rock what Ruth did for the home run in MLB. Or Unitas with the forward pass in football.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

19. JMJ, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    To me- people seem more worried and concerned about who is playing and possibly taking part than the actual point of paying tribute to Eddie which is the point

The fucking muppets could play for all I give a shit

Just want Eddie to get his due respect and moment

He deserves acknowledgement

It's not respectful to Eddie if it's a clusterfuck, it's then the exact opposite.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Why are we assuming itís going to be a clusterfuck of wolf is doing it?

Itís his father, not ours

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

22. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post