Last Online

Today @ 09:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months RegisteredPadawan Praiser

My signed copy won't get to me until Wednesday. I haven't heard the whole "walk and talk" song yet, but here's where you can hear the first 45 seconds
    https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Mamm...h-WVH_11789936

2. James in New York, DFVH5150, edhalen Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 12:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by ronwabo View Post
    My signed copy won't get to me until Wednesday. I haven't heard the whole "walk and talk" song yet, but here's where you can hear the first 45 seconds
    Wow, sounds like another cool tune.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Today @ 02:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPic Poster

Sounds great, love the intro, too! Reminded me of Eddie...
    Beauty is life when life unveils
    her holy face.

But you are life and you
    are the veil.

Beauty is eternity gazing at itself
    in a mirror.

But you are eternity
    and you are the mirror.

-Kahil Gibran

5. DFVH5150, ronwabo Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ronwabo View Post
    Thank you!
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

7. ronwabo Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.01.21 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    OG right here

Yeah baby

diggin this shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! Long time, Brotha! wwwaazzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

And yeah, guess we gotta give one to our recent dearly-departed for its flawlessly false, Great Upside-Down assessment of Mammoth WVH here. There's no deficit of soul in this album. And if you don't think this fucker has hooks, I got no idea what you're after.

Sure, there's a survey of influences across this work. Tony Iommi looms larger than expected, missed the AC/DC stamp the first time till "You'll Be The One" gave me a Benny-Hill-slap on the second spin. There seem to be passing references to The Edge and holy fuckballs, was that a dash of Tom Morello jumping out of the right channel on one of 'em? Sure as HELL got Rage/Slave all over "You're To Blame". I even think I make out some Hammett-style freneticism on the wah-wah here and there too.

And you'd better believe there's more than a dose of Dear Old Dad. It's not just in the tapping, artificial harmonics, and the way he wrings every molecule of juice out of a note, but in that same exquisite good taste - there just ain't a single note sounding out of place. Wolf's solo work really serves the narrative of each song, pointing arrow-straight to a strength that at least matches his father and may well outstrip him soon: structural discipline in the songwriting. If all these compositions are Wolfgang's alone, he's truly formidable as a writer.

Vernon Reid ain't fuckin' around about Wolfgang's distinct instrumental personas and that guy oughtta know. Even his voice is top-tier.

It's not your father's Van Halen, but there's no mistaking the DNA percolating all the way through, the atavistic joie de vivre in the music, and maybe that's why there was all this annoying shit in my eyes for 58 minutes last night on the first full spin.

I get the sense we're hearing nothing less than Edward Van Halen's greatest single accomplishment here. And I don't think he'd disagree.
    Edward Van Halen lives forever.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

LWI/WIL/WCTBL
    Last Online

Today @ 09:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug View Post

And yeah, guess we gotta give one to our recent dearly-departed for its flawlessly false, Great Upside-Down assessment of Mammoth WVH here. There's no deficit of soul in this album. And if you don't think this fucker has hooks, I got no idea what you're after.

Sure, there's a survey of influences across this work. Tony Iommi looms larger than expected, missed the AC/DC stamp the first time till "You'll Be The One" gave me a Benny-Hill-slap on the second spin. There seem to be passing references to The Edge and holy fuckballs, was that a dash of Tom Morello jumping out of the right channel on one of 'em? Sure as HELL got Rage/Slave all over "You're To Blame". I even think I make out some Hammett-style freneticism on the wah-wah here and there too.

And you'd better believe there's more than a dose of Dear Old Dad. It's not just in the tapping, artificial harmonics, and the way he wrings every molecule of juice out of a note, but in that same exquisite good taste - there just ain't a single note sounding out of place. Wolf's solo work really serves the narrative of each song, pointing arrow-straight to a strength that at least matches his father and may well outstrip him soon: structural discipline in the songwriting. If all these compositions are Wolfgang's alone, he's truly formidable as a writer.

Vernon Reid ain't fuckin' around about Wolfgang's distinct instrumental personas and that guy oughtta know. Even his voice is top-tier.

It's not your father's Van Halen, but there's no mistaking the DNA percolating all the way through, the atavistic joie de vivre in the music, and maybe that's why there was all this annoying shit in my eyes for 58 minutes last night on the first full spin.

I get the sense we're hearing nothing less than Edward Van Halen's greatest single accomplishment here. And I don't think he'd disagree.
    Hell yeah!
    I miss Eddie Van Halen.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Just getting ready for the early heatwave this week

Fuck

how you been

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Default Mammoth WVH - Debut Album Release Thread!

Shit

Fuck me runnin

Can you imagine Wolf opening for a reunited VH after hearing this album?

So
    Many thoughts and emotions

Mr Ed is a totally fun tune

Last edited by JMJ; 06.12.21 at 11:09 PM.
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

A pleasure to read this overview....Thank you....I'm still waiting for the arrival of my cd and am so looking forward to hearing the six or so tunes I haven't heard yet.

I must say it's pretty damn hard not clicking on various links all over the place to the tracks i haven't heard. It's like trying to avoid a joint passed around at an after hours party!
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

LWI/WIL/WCTBL
    Last Online

Today @ 09:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    A pleasure to read this overview....Thank you....I'm still waiting for the arrival of my cd and am so looking forward to hearing the six or so tunes I haven't heard yet.

I must say it's pretty damn hard not clicking on various links all over the place to the tracks i haven't heard. It's like trying to avoid a joint passed around at an after hours party!
    Don't wait. We aren't promised tomorrow. Listen, brother. Listen!
    I miss Eddie Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

07.13.21 @ 06:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points3 Months Registered

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    Very cool that he gave Stewart Copeland some much deserved props. I wonder if Wolf has listened to the band Oyster Head which features Copeland on drums and one of his favorite bass players, Les Claypool? And is rounded out by Trey Anastasio from Phish on guitar.....

Incidentally, Oyster Head is touring again this summer in between Phish dates. Their biggest date is probably headlining the annual Peach Festival in late summer.
    I don't know if Wolf has listened to them, but now I am interested in hearing them just based on that set of musicians I'll have to check out their music.

Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardWell-Liked

I agree, Wolfgang opening for Van Halen would’ve been the ultimate!

16. VegasVic Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    Saw this on Apple Music, some good details about the songs on the album:

Cool of Apple Music to have that on there

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Today @ 09:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

I'm grooving to it so far. Horribly Right is sticking out as one of the ones I hadn't heard previously. I really like Wolf's harmonies in his choruses as well.

19. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Today @ 01:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Man, what a great album! Listened to most of it on Friday, then all of it in the car yesterday while running errands...so, so catchy. Some absolutely great tunes! "Mr. Ed", "Horribly Right" & "The Big Picture" are early favourites of the songs I hadn't already heard. This summer officially has my driving album set
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

21. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post