Last Online

Today @ 09:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPic Poster

Default Wolfgang Van Halen Details New SiriusXM Show ‘Top of the Pack’

Wolfgang Van Halen Details New SiriusXM Show ‘Top of the Pack’

Jon Blistein
    June 9, 2021, 9:00 am
    Rolling Stone

Wolfgang Van Halen is set to launch a new SiriusXM show, Top of the Pack, which will honor some of the biggest acts in classic rock.

The show is set to debut June 11th at 5 p.m. ET on Sirius XM’s Classic Rewind on channel 25, as well as on the SXM App.

New episodes will air monthly.

The first episode of Top of the Pack finds Van Halen marking the 30th anniversary of Van Halen’s 1991 album, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, while also sharing music by Guns N’ Roses, Peter Gabriel, Aerosmith, and the Police.

Wolf will also share a handful of songs from his debut self-titled album as Mammoth WVH, also arriving on June 11th.

“I am so excited to have the opportunity to host my own radio show on Classic Rewind for SiriusXM,” Van Halen said in a statement.

“Top of the Pack is something that I want to be fun for the listener.

It gives me an opportunity to share some classic rock favorites that we all love as well as some unexpected surprises and even a few personal favorites from all eras.

It is a huge honor to have this time to share with the listeners and I hope they enjoy it as much as I do.”

Van Halen has released a handful of songs from his upcoming Mammoth WVH album, including “Mammoth,” “Feel,” “You’re to Blame,” “Don’t Back Down,” “Think It Over,” and “Distance.”

Mammoth WVH is also set to join Guns N’ Roses on their upcoming U.S. tour, which will kick off July 31st at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

2. Raldo, Railrunner130, DFVH5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Today @ 09:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPic Poster

People Magazine

Wolfgang Van Halen Paves His Own Path on 'Therapeutic' Debut Album: 'I'm My Own Person
    '
    Tomás Mier
    June 9, 2021, 10:00 am

Wolfgang Van Halen is doing his own thing - and he wants you to listen.

On Friday, Wolfgang, as one-man-band Mammoth WVH, will release his hard rock debut album, an introduction to the former Van Halen bassist's solo musical trajectory.

"It's as personal as can be," the 30-year-old tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.

"Songwriting is a really therapeutic thing for me, so I was working out a lot of stuff with these songs."

"Most of my lyrics are written at something or someone. It's almost like an amalgamation of ... You know how you always win arguments in the shower? It's like that," he explains.

"It's like anybody who's ever done me wrong or used me, or lied to me, amalgamate into this one being that I write lyrics at."

Wolfgang conceived the entirety of his album - which was put on hold for over two years while he cared for his dad Eddie as he battled lung cancer - inside the 5150 Studios where Van Halen recorded its biggest hits.

"It's a completely different beast. I've never done this before," he says of recording the album on his own.

"A lot of people have, understandably, preconceived notions about what this must be.

Like, 'Oh, he's the son, it must sound exactly like it.' But I've done everything I can to be my own person.

And I think it really shows on the album," he says.

For more on Wolfgang Van Halen, grab a copy of PEOPLE on newsstands Friday.

"It's very freeing to start this path now, rather than doing what everybody would expect me to do, to get out there and just play covers of Van Halen songs.

I don't think I'd ever want to do that. Ever," he adds.

As for the band's name? Mammoth WVH takes inspiration from the original name of a band his dad Eddie started with his uncle Al and Mark Stone on bass.

"Every time my dad would tell me that story, I always loved the name Mammoth so much that I would tell myself, 'When I grow up, I'm going to call my own band that.' And here we are," he says.

"It's great, because it's not sitting with the Van Halen name, but it's tied to the lore, if you will. It's got that historical relevancy to where I come from, but it takes it in another direction.

I'm really happy with the choice."

And with Mammoth WVH's head-banging tracks and personal lyrics, Wolfgang successfully introduces himself as his own person.

The album opens with "Mr. Ed" (no correlation to his dad) and is laced with hard rock tracks such as "Horribly Right" and "You're to Blame," where Wolfgang shines on every instrument from drums to the guitar.

On "Circles," Wolfgang takes it down a notch for a soft ballad that showcases his work on the guitar.

The album ends with "The Distance," a track he wrote for his father before his death.

"Being able to focus on that and just pay tribute to my dad and our relationship was a really helpful thing for me to grieve in that way," he says of the track.

Oh, and Eddie absolutely loved it. "He loved it so much. It was his favorite," says Wolfgang.

"He would always listen to it and be like ... I'm sure it's proud dad talk, but 'Favorite album of all time.'

Always. It was the only thing he had on his phone."

Paving his own path as a musician was something that Eddie always wanted for his son, Wolfgang says.

Growing up, Eddie was never the best teacher, but "I think that allowed me to develop my own identity as a musician," Wolfgang says.

"I think that's what he wanted most. I think it'd be really boring if I was just a carbon copy of him."

This summer, Wolfgang will head on tour as an opener for Guns N Roses. He is also set to host his monthly classic rock show Top of the Pack on Sirius XM starting this Friday.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:23 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

A monthly Sirius show for him is pretty neat. I'm sure we'll get cool nuggets of VH information out of it.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Today @ 09:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Man this place is buzzing like old times

Different now though, yea

Thanks Wolf for giving us something to look forward to these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 09:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Obviously he wasn't the one holding back VH regarding media and publicity.

Who is his management?

7. James in New York, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Obviously he wasn't the one holding back VH regarding media and publicity.

Who is his management?
    Yup. Too bad he wasn't older and a motivating factor in 1996...like he became 10 years later.