The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

Today @ 10:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-Liked
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.11.21 @ 09:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Man these interviews are tough to read sometimes as much as I enjoy reading them. Hearing about having to handle social media immediately after watching his dad die in front of him so TMZ wouldn't break the story first was gut wrenching.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 02:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

I enjoy these interviews. You learn a little bit more about Wolfgang the person AND the musician.
    As for the person who leaked the news about Ed dying to TMZ….you are a piece of shit.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

06.12.21 @ 08:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

1. Cool to see him getting out and getting ready to tour his own stuff.
    2. Nice to see it acknowledged that Ed wasn't in good shape and he really was trying to save his dad, and that he acknowledged that he understood why Mike probably wasn't into hanging around in that time.

3. I weep for journalism when I see words misused in a major magazine like this:

"Van Halen heard it all—and still does—from angry fans, and it doesn’t phase him."

FAZE. Damn.

4. The reporting needs to get off of that "he gets a ton of crap from angry VH fans and still does". Yeah, he's gotten some, but not that much in the big picture. The overwhelming majority of reactions/responses to Wolf have been positive.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I enjoy these interviews. You learn a little bit more about Wolfgang the person AND the musician.
    As for the person who leaked the news about Ed dying to TMZ….you are a piece of shit.
    Yeah I hope they traced it and they lost their job.

Punk bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen or Fair Warning
    Last Online

Today @ 02:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I'll put my hand up and say I was anti the whole Wolf joining Van Halen on bass in place of Mike right from the start.
    It never really worked for me, but I didn't blame Wolf. It was Ed's doing.
    I always felt Mike was the glue in keeping it all together, he stuck by the brothers each time the singer changed. I'd think these 3 guys must be tight.
    How wrong I was...

Reading these interviews with Wolf now, it does at least shine a little more perspective as to what went down at the time.
    I can see why Mike likely drifted away from Ed, and therefore why Ed may have seen it as Mike moving on with Sam.
    I can understand the appeal for Ed of wanting to play with Wolf, and why Wolf would have agreed to do so.
    We did get one solid final album as a result.

Moving forward though, the 3 songs I've listened to from Mammoth WVH are great and I'm looking forward to grabbing a copy of the CD and listening to it in full.
    I've held off listening to everything, mainly because I want to enjoy it as a whole when I get it.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 10:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Both Wolf and the media need to stop with the "VH fans give Wolf shit" story line.

It's social media, if he's wanting 100% approval or people not being dicks, he is in the wrong business.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

There's no doubt he gets much less hatred now than he did before, however, if you go back to when he first joined the band, NO ONE was giving him support. No one. I'm guilty too because I know I wasn't giving him any support. I knew at the time it wasn't really his choice to "kick Mike out," but it still didn't change the fact that I didn't want to see him on the stage. Every single thing he read was negative up until they toured, and even then, 90% of it was negative. Every single review was more or less "the band was great and is was great to see VH again, but...." Sixteen years old or not, there's not a single person in the world that wouldn't be affected by that type of treatment over years. When ADKOT came out, there were still people saying he didn't play anything on the album and it would be all his dad, and it wasn't until the Cafe Wha? show that a significant chunk of people realized that he was a) actually playing the bass live, and b) was actually singing. The whole thing was fucked up.

Now it's flipped and it's probably 90% positive, but the stuff that is negative is pretty gross and given the circumstances I'm sure it rips the scab right off (if it ever healed in the first place). I think the only reason it gets mentioned in every interview is because of the redemption angle where it makes for a great story that he's proving all of the "haters" wrong. The fact that so many of us were once in that "hater" category to varying degrees makes it a little awkward, though.

9. KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 10:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

People were upset Mike wasn't part of the reunion, that wasn't anything to do with Wolf. Very few people made it personal because he was a fucking kid.

Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony took some jabs at him, and all that seems to be forgiven. Just saying he needs to have a little thicker skin and quit being so sensitive. What the hell is he going to do the first time he releases music that people don't like?

To me, and this is coming from an out of touch old man, I think him being overly sensitive to it and responding to it just makes it worse, and encourages those that get off on that shit to take swipes at him.

Depending on who is responding, no one from Van Halen gets more shit on Social Media than Sam and DLR, and you don't see them responding back to it. Because they know they are better than that. I know, different generations, but in my opinion Wolf sometimes goes after people who meant no disrespect, they were just casual fans who didn't know the answer, and that is a really bad look.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

11. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

It was admittedly kind of difficult to give Wolf support back in 2007 when we finally had Dave coming back. We were 3/4's back to a full original lineup, so an unproven 16 year old kid wasn't sitting well with too many of us die-hards at the time. So we aired our grievances over it. It's what we do. lol
    Sure there was, no doubt, some hatred coming from people at the time, which is always a shame. That's a bit excessive. But most of us still went and saw the shows and loved it.

13. BlindtotheWorld, track 5 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

There was definitely a difference in the online discussion and the live reaction. At every show I saw live and those boots I've seen, he was generally accepted by the VH audience and got applause for his efforts. However, I wasn't standing on stage and hearing all of the comments that were probably coming from the sweaty, overweight white guy with a receding hair line and 6 beers in talking shit to him at every stop from the third row. Again, it wasn't his fault and probably not ours either, but he was in a position where the only person in the world that wanted him there was his dad. The other 12,000 every night didn't want him there. He had to feel that even if people were being nice to him at a surface level.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    There was definitely a difference in the online discussion and the live reaction. At every show I saw live and those boots I've seen, he was generally accepted by the VH audience and got applause for his efforts. However, I wasn't standing on stage and hearing all of the comments that were probably coming from the sweaty, overweight white guy with a receding hair line and 6 beers in talking shit to him at every stop from the third row. Again, it wasn't his fault and probably not ours either, but he was in a position where the only person in the world that wanted him there was his dad. The other 12,000 every night didn't want him there. He had to feel that even if people were being nice to him at a surface level.
    Weren't the tours well attended? Didn't ADKOT sell pretty well and was number 2 on the Billboard 200? That's support. By VH fans. Actual money that went into the VH bank account. Shouldn't it matter more than some idiot on twitter making a comment?
    Little Dreamer

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Weren't the tours well attended? Didn't ADKOT sell pretty well and was number 2 on the Billboard 200? That's support. By VH fans. Actual money that went into the VH bank account. Shouldn't it matter more than some idiot on twitter making a comment?
    Do you think Wolf was as equally "supported" by VH fans as Ed and Al were for those projects? I don't. Whether it was social media or just random fans, he was hearing it from everywhere that he didn't belong there. It was no doubt the vocal minority, but if you put yourself in his shoes as a 16 year old and most of what you're hearing/reading is that you are abomination of the band's legacy and that your presence is robbing fans of the most desired reunion in music (the latter is a viewpoint I shared at the time even if I didn't blame him for it), that's going to color your perception for sure.