EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 05:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I honestly dont think he means any harm. I watched the video. Looked like he got emotional talking about the last time he spoke with Ed.

But yeah, the constant "Yeah well I tried to call Al...then I called Irving...then I called Claudio...then I called Bingenheimer....then I called Mark Stone.....nobody returned my calls....." just makes him come off as...I dunno how to put it.....it just rubs me the wrong way reading that for the 18th time.

I have zero doubt in my mind that Sammy loved and loves Ed. Like a Brother. And Sam is a completely different guy than Dave, so I won't directly compare em'. I'd love to hear Dave say something about Ed's passing considering it's been over 6 months, although I understand why he possibly hasn't. He released the Wizard of Oz song and that was nice, but I still want to see him talk briefly about it. But that's just me being selfish. I appreciate Dave's silence and the fact he values his privacy.

But I also realize that Sam isn't that guy. You ask him a question, he's going to answer it. No matter how.... many.... times.....he's answered it. And to an extent, that's a cool thing about him.

But somebody close to Sam just needs to say, "Sam...enough. We know they never called you back in 2019 and after those B-Day messages. We know you were bitter about what happened in 96'. I know you dont mean any ill will by it but it makes you come off as self-absorbed. Nobody gives a fuck if the dead guy and his Brother didn't return your phone calls for a year. Cherish his legacy by not bringing that pointless, irrelevant shit up anymore....Please. Just talk about how you came up with Dreams..."
    I dont know man. I've read that Dave is refusing to talk publicly in interviews about Ed out of respect for the Van Halen family. Who'd have guessed 25 years ago that heading into their careers as elder statesmen of rock, Dave would be the one to exude more class and respect? For 15 years all we've heard is Sam talk smack about Dave, Ed, and Al. In that same time the only instance I recall Dave talking smack was the "this Hamburger dont need helper" line at the AMA's and that was only after the joker interviewing Dave caught him with a gotcha question. Oh, and the interview where Dave said he was like Lennon and Sam was McCartney...oh wait, that was a compliment.

I get tired of the excuse, well Sam just answers every question he's asked blah blah blah. Sometimes, Sam, its the better classier thing to just keep your mouth shut about some things.

2. track 5, Model Citizen, Wruff_ajax Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:12 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

I agree that Sam over-shared in retreats to the details of those last text messages.

But if you’re sick of hearing Sam answer the same questions over and over then you probably shouldn’t click on the “New Sammy Interview” thread. You already know what you’re in for and you don’t want it.

4. Raldo, jimmy812, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Dave's been talking about little else but Ed for the last six months. It's just that Dave doesn't address subjects concisely and directly. He speaks in stories and metaphor and reminiscences and oblique references; then requires the reader to understand the sub text.

6. VH1986, Wruff_ajax, Zen Halen Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 05:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    I agree that Sam over-shared in retreats to the details of those last text messages.

But if you’re sick of hearing Sam answer the same questions over and over then you probably shouldn’t click on the “New Sammy Interview” thread. You already know what you’re in for and you don’t want it.
    Thats just another poor way of excusing Sam's lack of class but whatever. Sam will always be that way.

I'll Wait
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Nice! Sage advice.

I always wonder why those that so desperately need to have Sam STFU!... never heed their own advice and do the exact same.

Oh!... that's right... they can't help themselves and just have to comment. Lol!

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Or maybe just maybe we post articles to their designated forums. In this case, the Red Rocker forum

We've seem to lost sight of that for a very long time haven't we? Everything has to go in Main now doesn't it? We need maximum exposure for our threads don't we?

Narcissists.

10. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

What I do find most interesting is that Dave is capable of restraint. When you hear him speak, its like watching Robin Williams live. You never know what he is going to do or say. With Van Halen brothers he seems to know "don't go into Dave mode" I do think that he and Eddie's relationship was far more complicated than many of us believe.

Don't have any issue with what Sammy is saying. With him there is no beating around the bush like his lyrics. Going to be direct and to the point. I have been hard on Sammy over the years for not STFU but no issues with this.

12. MF5150, Zen Halen Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

That's like saying "don't slow down and look at the accident". We all complain about rubber necking, and then do it ourselves.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Sam's means well, it's just how he is.

I roll my eyes at him a lot, but I still dig his voice, so in total I don't give a fuck about what he says if I'm still listening to him rock out.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

15. VH1986, Destructo2 Liked This Post
    I'll Wait
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:03 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Or maybe just maybe we post articles to their designated forums. In this case, the Red Rocker forum

We've seem to lost sight of that for a very long time haven't we? Everything has to go in Main now doesn't it? We need maximum exposure for our threads don't we?

Narcissists.
    I could have posted it there but A. Blabbermouth fucking sucks! and I won't post their bullshit and B. LD would have still posted it in main even though it was posted in the Sam forum. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

I've noticed since Ed's passing that some believe everything remotely VH related belongs in Main. Still not sure why Wolf doesn't have his own joint to swing in.

17. CaboChris Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen or Fair Warning
    Last Online

06.16.21 @ 04:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I just tune out to Sam's dribble.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 08:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

First, if you don’t like the guy, you aren’t going to like whatever he says so might as well just move along. Second, if you actually watch the interview, I’m not sure how you can think he comes off as a douche. A third of the interview is Montrose, a third is VH, and a third is the Circle. No big deal. Should he STF about Montrose too? I enjoyed the interview so there is obviously an audience for it even if he don’t like it.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

20. MF5150, cabomiro, Number 47, jagerdave Liked This Post
    Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.01.21 @ 06:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    First, if you don’t like the guy, you aren’t going to like whatever he says so might as well just move along. Second, if you actually watch the interview, I’m not sure how you can think he comes off as a douche. A third of the interview is Montrose, a third is VH, and a third is the Circle. No big deal. Should he STF about Montrose too? I enjoyed the interview so there is obviously an audience for it even if he don’t like it.
    This.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I don't really understand the need for all the separate forums for the ex band members. There is no more VH. All we have is stuff about Eddie, Wolfgang solo, some art by Dave and whatever Sammy is doing. AVH is likely retired and Mike will be doing whatever Sammy is involved in.

23. Wruff_ajax Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    5,000 VHL Life PointsWell-LikedOld GuardPadawan Praiser

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    The older I get I just want Sam to shut up. He's annoying to me now.

He just talks and talks the same shit over and over. I really appreciate the way Dave is handling the loss of Ed.
    Yeah, I get Sam is by far the most visible and accessible member of the 5. And yes we get hit over and over and over with the same thing. But preferring how Dave is handling the loss? He says nothing except releasing those lame ass pictures. Sorry, they don’t connect with me one bit. Otherwise, what your saying is you want NOTHING said. Fuck, can Dave show he’s really a human and actually talk about what Ed meant to him and the devastation his death has caused? And why did he separate himself from the group so extremely since 2007 on? Dressing rooms on opposite sides, never part of sound check, the only intersection that made fans feel good was likely preplanned on stage. Ed saying while they’re successfully touring “Dave doesn’t want to be my friend.” Would it kill him to talk even a little about this?

That’s just my frustration with Dave and his decades of bizarre communication when not promoting the band. I just can’t relate to anything about him except that fucking awesome music they created. Not attacking anyone. I just don’t understand these guys when their not on the stage.

As to Sam my take is open to a different interpretation of this. He’s not rehashing all of this stuff every chance he gets. He gets asked by some numb-nuts reporter, interviewer etc... who keep asking the same questions over and over and over. Sam comes off as a much more real personality who speaks from the heart and his prone to keep answering questions put to him.

I get it, we are sick of it. Heard it a million times. But what other VH member is the media going to talk to? (And the public still wants to hear this stuff or it would stop... If by some miracle you get Dave, it’s all riddles coded speak that almost nobody knows what he’s saying. Al is a hermit and Mike hides behind Sam and generally was out of the loop the last 8 years or so and he unfortunately didn’t get the reconciliation Sam did.

I’m just not sure what he’s supposed to say. He’s musically active trying to get back to normal so he’s far more visible and again accessible. He’s also much more emotional than Dave (on the service.) At least he expresses it much differently. He never got over how they broke up or the shape/frame of mind his good friend was in circa 2004. Probably killed him that would be the last actually contact he would have with the greatest writing partner of his life.

I suspect as long as someone wants to talk about how they mended fences and got close again before Ed passed, and anything else, Sam is almost certainly going to comply.

We all know Dave had a strange love hate relationship with Ed which led to some of the best music ever created. But Dave is NOT out there talking up Ed or sharing stories. Fuck, we don’t even know when they last spoke or if Dave was even in regular contact with Ed in the last year or so. All we know is the one meeting where what appeared to be an upset Dave proclaiming the VH legacy was now up to him to keep alive. What did that even mean? He knew Ed was dying? Ed told him he didn’t think he could tour given the current situation without Dave really knowing how sick he was? The only thing I recall was Dave saying Ed was not going to answer the bell and no reason why. He clearly went into that meeting knowing very little about Ed’s health. As usual wtf did that mean? Hindsight says likely he knew Ed was sick to some degree but I’m not even convinced Dave was in on the progression of his cancer.

IdK, Dave is so hard to read and is almost never straight with his emotions and answers.

Honestly, easy to bash Sam, but would you rather have Dave’s style of communication, wondering wtf everything means?

Not an easy answer for me. Believe me, I wanted to shove Sam’s book up his ass. Since 2015, he’s been by far the loudest mouth on VH information whether he knew what was up or not. At least he was answering question.

I’m probably in the minority here, but as much as I love Dave’s VH version, he makes no sense to me and is completely in his own world.

Peace
    Last edited by Destructo2; 05.06.21 at 10:05 AM.
    Destructo

25. Bad to the Bone, jagerdave Liked This Post