Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 10:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default The Night We Killed Bin Laden

I just finished reading this article and it brought out a lot of emotions. This is the story of the Bin Laden hunt and raid as told by the people involved, some of whom are doing it for the first time:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congratul...033050722.html

Here's brief teaser snippet, but there's a ton of quotes in this article:

Letitia “Tish” Long, director, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency: I was in my office in August 2010 and my executive assistant, a Navy captain, comes in and says, “Ma’am, there’s a couple of folks here to see you.” And I said, “OK, you want to tell me a little bit more?” He said, “It’s two analysts and the director of analysis. They said they really need to see you.” He brings them in. I said, “Brett, you stay,” and the director of analysis looks at me and says, “Ma’am, he can’t stay. He is not read into this program.” They lay out a bunch of the imagery and proceed to brief me on the compound of interest. As they’re briefing me, I’m thinking, “Wow—just wow.”

Mike Morell, deputy director, CIA: The director and I would have a three-times-a-week meeting with our Counterterrorism Center officers in the director’s conference room starting at 4:30 p.m. Occasionally at the end of that meeting, the director of the center would say, “Hey, can I see you guys in a smaller group?” In August of 2010, the director of the Counterterrorism Center said, “Can I see you guys alone?” He had never used that word “alone” before.

Jeremy Bash: The briefer said, “We’ve been following two individuals who were historically couriers for bin Laden. We found them and we followed them down a dead-end street in a town called Abbottabad. At the end of the street, there’s a place that looks like a fortress.” I remember Panetta looked up from his briefing binder and he’s like “A fortress? Tell me about that fortress.”
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

2. VH1986, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 05:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default The Night We Killed Bin Laden

Very cool read. Although, it’s a shame we couldn’t actually hear from the analysts who were doing the leg work, although I imagine they wouldn’t want their names out there.

There’s a clip of Christiane Amanpour on Real Time w/ Maher from 08’ where she basically says that she’s heard from a source (a woman; possibly one of the women in the CIA who were working on catching him) that Bin Laden is not in a cave, but in a villa in Pakistan.

Also, not sure if anybody has watched any of the Seals’ accounts of what happened that night, but it’s extraordinary to listen to. Robert O’Neill (the shooter) and Matt Bissonnette are the only two I know of who have come forward. That it was basically viewed as a suicide mission for them because they were fully expecting the compound to be rigged for explosives, in the event of an incursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.30.21 at 11:05 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

4. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

I still have screen caps from a twitter feed of a local in the area from the night of the mission.