Unchained
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King350,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points

Default MLB 2021

What is so stupid it is the team with the second best record in baseball honestly has very little to play for right now. I donít think theyíre going to catch the Giants. And they basically donít even need to win ONE more game to have the better wildcard record and host the wildcard game. Think about that. The Dodgers can basically forfeit the rest of the season and still host the wildcard game. How dumb is that? So itís like what is the Dodgersí motivation to do anything right now? I mean the only thing that could happen now is somebody needlessly gets hurt. I see theyíre playing hard because they want to win the division, but no one is helping them so itís not gonna happen.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Today @ 12:27 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Yep.

I really want to see the Dodgers have a chance to have a rotation going in the playoffs of Scherzer, Kershaw, Buehler, and Urias. That is tough to beat.
    Best starter ERA in all of baseball, 2nd best bullpen ERA. Typically those type of stats are winning you a World Series and those 4 starters, holy shit.

I just feel like those 4 guys will win series vs Giants. Sadly, we will have to burn Max in wild card game. So he comes around in game 4

3. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterThee King350,000 VHL Life Points250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    Best starter ERA in all of baseball, 2nd best bullpen ERA. Typically those type of stats are winning you a World Series and those 4 starters, holy shit.

I just feel like those 4 guys will win series vs Giants. Sadly, we will have to burn Max in wild card game. So he comes around in game 4
    Add into that best run differential in the game, top three or four in runs scored. One of the better offensive teams in baseball. Just a whole mess of shit that doesnít make any sense. Haha.
    Webmaster

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

What is so stupid it is the team with the second best record in baseball honestly has very little to play for right now. I don’t think they’re going to catch the Giants. And they basically don’t even need to win ONE more game to have the better wildcard record and host the wildcard game. Think about that. The Dodgers can basically forfeit the rest of the season and still host the wildcard game. How dumb is that? So it’s like what is the Dodgers’ motivation to do anything right now? I mean the only thing that could happen now is somebody needlessly gets hurt. I see they’re playing hard because they want to win the division, but no one is helping them so it’s not gonna happen.
    Yeah, they have wild card game at home locked up right now. They could easily just rest up.

Giants won 9 in a row now. Padres are done, they ain't beating them or anybody rest of year.

I just feel like Dodgers are exerting A LOT of effort to catch Giants and i'm not sure it can be done.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I honestly think they should call off the dogs and just try to stay healthy. Itís kind of shocking the division run is going to end with a team like this in a season like this, but I think they have to accept theyíre not going to win the division.
    Webmaster

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Add into that best run differential in the game, top three or four in runs scored. One of the better offensive teams in baseball. Just a whole mess of shit that doesn’t make any sense. Haha.
    The secret to that wild card game is, Dodgers just gotta end the game offensively quick. 10 run first would do it. Otherwise their assholes gonna tighten up, chokefest.

It's like a 16 seed having a 1 seed on the ropes.

8. Brett Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I honestly think they should call off the dogs and just try to stay healthy. It’s kind of shocking the division run is going to end with a team like this in a season like this, but I think they have to accept they’re not going to win the division.
    Dodgers are 17 games up on the Cardinals.

Could you imagine being 17 games up winning your division and then MLB says, oh hey you gotta play the 2nd place team 1 game before you can go to the playoffs.

INSANITY

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 02:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points

MLB does some dumb things and this ‘Wild Card’ game is one of them. Baseball is a sport where the guy on the mound can change how teams are playing. So why not have a best of 3 series.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

11. Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 04:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    MLB does some dumb things and this ‘Wild Card’ game is one of them. Baseball is a sport where the guy on the mound can change how teams are playing. So why not have a best of 3 series.
    This.

Baseball is the only sport I can think of where the team changes dramatically from game to game.

Take a AA team, put Randy Johnson in his prime on the mound for them, and they can beat anybody.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

13. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

I honestly think they should call off the dogs and just try to stay healthy. It’s kind of shocking the division run is going to end with a team like this in a season like this, but I think they have to accept they’re not going to win the division.
    They're 2.5 out of the division with 16 left to play (although they're behind by 3 in the L column). You'll have time to rest the last week or so. But I wouldn't call off the dogs just yet.

This one-game WC was a stupid idea from the beginning. As we've said, baseball consists of games being played in a series. That's how the playoffs--all rounds--should be done.

15. Raldo Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

St. Louis is only now in the mix. It's not like it's a guarantee. Cincy and SD are still very much alive too...although their recent play suggests otherwise.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.17.21 @ 12:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

For the record, even though my team is benefitting from it currently, I think the 2nd Wild Card is stupid. I also think the added runner in extras is stupid. I also think the DH is stupid. I also think Rob Manfred is fucking stupid.

That aside...

The 2nd Wild Card serves two purposes:

1) It allows more teams a chance at October baseball which drives fan interest. Fan interest equals more money. Let's face it, we aren't having this discussion about a playoff race at all if it weren't for the second WC.

2) It's as much of a reward to the division winners and a punishment for those that didn't win the division as anything else. Wild Card teams were having too much success in the playoffs which made winning the division feel less important. Everyone cried that the 162 game season and winning the division didn't mean anything when it came down to a short 5 game NLDS, especially when both teams were able to line up their starters for game 1. Now with the play-in Wild Card game, both Wild Card teams are basically forced to pull out all of the stops and burn their best players for a chance to play the team with the best record in the league.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

18. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I love having the wildcards in baseball. I just think it should be a 2 out of 3 game series.

Look at hockey, basketball...half the league makes the playoffs. But at least they play a series every round. And football has too many divisions, IMO. But a decent amount of teams make the postseason.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.17.21 @ 12:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I love having the wildcards in baseball. I just think it should be a 2 out of 3 game series.

Look at hockey, basketball...half the league makes the playoffs. But at least they play a series every round. And football has too many divisions, IMO. But a decent amount of teams make the postseason.
    The only drawback to that is then you have the division winners sitting for at least a week before playing a competitive game again. That's on top of the time they normally build in to let fans buy tickets, and then those teams complain they come into a series playing cold compared to the other team that was running hot not just during that series, but likely the last two weeks of the season.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

21. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default MLB 2021

I get that there is some excitement to the wildcard game but just looking at it completely as a Dodger homer in this scenario, it is really really frustrating.

And yeah you guys can stay all day long the Dodgers shouldíve won their division, but Iím pretty sure they could not be doing any better in any scenario than winning over 100 fucking games. They have certainly not taken a step backwards this year, theyíre playing just as well as normal, itís just the Giants are having an amazing season. Thereís nothing more the Dodgers can do. I mean thereís still a chance they could break the team record for wins. I mean how much better can you be?

If anyone really thinks the playoffs will be better if say the Cardinals beat the Dodgers for one game and move on, then you just donít like watching good baseball. Because Iím sorry on no planet are the Cardinals, Padres, Reds, Phillies better than the Dodgers. Even if you arenít a fan of the rivalry, you really would rather watch the Cardinals play the Giants than the Dodgers? You donít think that series wouldnít be amazing? To erase either the Dodgersí or the Giantsí seasons this year because of one stupid wildcard game is absurd.

And frankly because the National League has been so freaking piss poor this year, and there is such a disparity between the good teams and the bad teams, the wildcard game situation looks worse than ever. Rewarding a team thatís going to be 5 or 6 games over .500 with a one-game playoff is so silly. Especially when the team they are going to be playing has won 100 games. I donít think any of the teams chasing that second wild-card spot deserve it. None of them are playing very good baseball. The Cardinals are playing decent NOW, but itís not like theyíre having a very good year.

And anything can happen in one game. Like DD said earlier put Randy Johnson on a AA team and thereís a chance they could win the game. Absolutely. The Dodgers have to hope that Scherzer is on his game that day or the season could be over. Lame.

And let me tell you right now the real World Series this year would be the Dodgers playing the Giants. They are clearly the best two teams in baseball this year. I know Tampa Bay is good and I know Milwaukee is good, but I just think the Giants and the Dodgers are clearly the best two. Obviously thatís just my opinion, but homer or not Iíd still think that is the case.
    Webmaster

23. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post