The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 04:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo2 View Post
    RAY DANIELS. 80% of the reason why... (In my barely educated guess)
    Or zero percent.

Sam leaving in 1996 was the fault of four individuals...Ed, Al, Sam and Mike. That's it. A band blaming their crappy internal personnel decisions on the band manager is ludicrous. Bad deals, contracts, tour schedules, sure, through the Manager into the mix.

But in the end, it's their band and their responsibility.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

2. Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Today @ 06:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    5,000 VHL Life PointsWell-LikedOld GuardPadawan Praiser

I’d disagree in that Daniels had the ear of Al and by blood Ed. When it came to key decisions being made, Sam was suddenly out of the equation with Ray calling the shots ostensibly through Al and Ed. To suggest a guy in Ray’s position couldn’t have a significant impact is naive in my opinion. Sam was ostracized, or felt ostracized. That doesn’t bode well for band chemistry. Look at the deal Daniels cut himself. He got a huge chunk of their back catalogue and for what? His control of a majority of the band was stunning given his lack of history with them.

Yes, ultimately it was the decision of 4 guys. But one guy outside of the band (Yoko, if you will) had way to much say in the future of that band. I choose to blame that fuck because his job was to manage them. Not stick us with a bait and switch followed by Gary Cherone. Bad management of a band not capable of making good independent decisions at the time.

I’m with Sam here. Blame it on Ray Daniels...
    Destructo

4. VH1986, Flying Ed Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Very positive interview. Sammy seems like a happy fun guy. Nice to hear Ed And Sam were swapping music with each other.
    Shame they did not get to perform VH music together again.
    ITS 5150 TIME

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 03:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default New Sammy Interview with Kyle Meredith

Iíd disagree in that Daniels had the ear of Al and by blood Ed. When it came to key decisions being made, Sam was suddenly out of the equation with Ray calling the shots ostensibly through Al and Ed. To suggest a guy in Rayís position couldnít have a significant impact is naive in my opinion. Sam was ostracized, or felt ostracized. That doesnít bode well for band chemistry. Look at the deal Daniels cut himself. He got a huge chunk of their back catalogue and for what? His control of a majority of the band was stunning given his lack of history with them.

Yes, ultimately it was the decision of 4 guys. But one guy outside of the band (Yoko, if you will) had way to much say in the future of that band. I choose to blame that fuck because his job was to manage them. Not stick us with a bait and switch followed by Gary Cherone. Bad management of a band not capable of making good independent decisions at the time.

Iím with Sam here. Blame it on Ray Daniels...
    Youve based your entire hypothesis on what one person has said about it, unfortunately. Sammy Hagar. Even Sammy has gone on record saying he ďisnít sure what happenedĒ but he also constantly blames Ray for breaking up the band. Samís the only one whose come out and talked but that doesnít instantly make it true.

We know virtually nothing about Dannielís and how he ran the band. A few tidbits here and there. From Sam.

I mean, the guy managed Rush for over 35 years and Ray wasnít able to pull them apart. Do you think he was trying to get Geddy to turn on Alex? I doubt it.

Now, Rush didnít have an insanely paranoid brother-combo, another lead singer who thought his shit didnít stink and a bass player that walked wherever he was told to walk.

That might be the difference. Ray Danniels didnít break up VH (yet again...)

Eddie, Alex and Sammy broke up that incarnation of VH. Admittedly, I believe, with an emphasis on Ed and Al because it was becoming all too evident that they just didnít get along with anybody besides each other. Didnít matter who was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 02.28.21 at 04:17 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 03:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Youve based your entire hypothesis on what one person has said about it, unfortunately. Sammy Hagar. Even Sammy has gone on record saying he “isn’t sure what happened” but he also constantly blames Ray for breaking up the band. Sam’s the only one whose come out and talked but that doesn’t instantly make it true.

We know virtually nothing about Danniel’s and how he ran the band. A few tidbits here and there. From Sam.

I mean, the guy managed Rush for over 35 years and Ray wasn’t able to pull them apart. Do you think he was trying to get Geddy to turn on Alex? I doubt it.

Now, Rush didn’t have an insanely paranoid brother-combo, another lead singer who thought his shit didn’t stink and a bass player that walked wherever he was told to walk.

That might be the difference. Ray Danniels didn’t break up VH (yet again...)

Eddie, Alex and Sammy broke up that incarnation of VH. Admittedly, I believe, with an emphasis on Ed and Al because it was becoming all too evident that they just didn’t get along with anybody besides each other. Didn’t matter who was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We may disagree on pretty much anything politically, but I do agree with a lot of what you've posted musically the last several months in Main.

9. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 02:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    We may disagree on pretty much anything politically, but I do agree with a lot of what you've posted musically the last several months in Main.
    Yup. If Ray Danniels was the problem, then one would expect most problems to be resolved after his departure. We all know it wasn't the case. Rather the opposite. Managing VH, I think we can all agree, was an extremely complex and difficult job. RD wasn't able to prevent VH's breakup, but he didn't provoke it.
    Of course Sam & Dave would blame "management." This way you're still preserving the possibility of another reunion. You can always fire the manager and get a new one, you can't fire the brothers.
    Little Dreamer

11. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I’d disagree in that Daniels had the ear of Al and by blood Ed. When it came to key decisions being made, Sam was suddenly out of the equation with Ray calling the shots ostensibly through Al and Ed. To suggest a guy in Ray’s position couldn’t have a significant impact is naive in my opinion. Sam was ostracized, or felt ostracized. That doesn’t bode well for band chemistry. Look at the deal Daniels cut himself. He got a huge chunk of their back catalogue and for what? His control of a majority of the band was stunning given his lack of history with them.

I’m with Sam here. Blame it on Ray Daniels...
    Sam doesn't own a mirror so he blames it on Ray. Two people broke up VH and neither was Ray Daniels.

13. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 03:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Sam doesn't own a mirror so he blames it on Ray. Two people broke up VH and neither was Ray Daniels.
    Yup. Just like it was two people in 1985. THAT is the breakup that never shouldve happened, but it is what it is.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

yup

Eruption

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Veteran5,000 VHL Life Points

Hagar couldnít tell you the truth for a million dollars. His book has got lies on almost every page.