EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

10.19.21 @ 03:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    Hey, I agree completely. But Eddie could have called anytime between 2004 and, lemme say, 2015.
    Yes, and so could've Mike. Round and round...

2. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yes, and so could've Mike. Round and round...
    yup. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, neither cared enough to pick up a damn phone. They had chances to make peace, it's too bad is was never done.

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    yup. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, neither cared enough to pick up a damn phone. They had chances to make peace, it's too bad is was never done.
    I believe it wouldve happened if the proposed 2019 CVH reunion tour had happened. Just a damn shame, but as you say, no guarantees.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Default Michael Anthony Never Got to Reconcile with Edward

Fuck, that reunion would have just been amazing (aside from the fact they were gonna do stadiums).

And it would have been just fucking amazing to see Mike get introduced on stage with VH for the first time in 15 years.

I donít think itís fair at all to shit on Mike. Maybe some here are without sin in this regard and they simply donít hold any grudges or donít get pissed off, but most people have had periods of their life where just taking a breath and seeing the big picture was probably the appropriate course of action and it was not taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.09.21 at 07:38 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I think its pretty obvious that Ed isn't the guy to make the first move to reconcile. Call it petty, immature, stubborn, bullheaded, etc but he simply will not call anybody up to say "hey bud what is up? Been a long time...." Since his death we know it was Wolfgang who called Dave in 2006 or so. We know it was Sam to call Eddie. We also know it wasn't Ed in 2004. He was the last person to sign on. He simply wasn't that guy.

I would assume that Mike knew this too. Its a shame they never reconciled but its their relationship. All we know is what we are told from obvious biased sources. One way or the other. Fact is that there was a rift, Eddie was ok with it enough to not reach out like others. Some reason Eddie and Sam hitting each other up didn't lead to Mike. We don't know the truth and never will. Whatever we will hear will be missing one of the primary parties.

Such a shame that grown men couldn't swallow their pride. That said, I imagine that once they saw each other, they would have been fine. Just needed that first step

7. PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I believe it wouldve happened if the proposed 2019 CVH reunion tour had happened. Just a damn shame, but as you say, no guarantees.
    it would have. It's too bad they couldn't get to that point earlier. This is life though. We all have regrets on things we should have done.

9. JUNGLE DRUMMER, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Default Michael Anthony Never Got to Reconcile with Edward

Never talked about this here but I feel itís a bit appropriate.

I didnít speak with my Mom for 7 years after my parents split up back in 2006. My Father told me one disparaging thing after another (many mistruths) about her, cause he was so hurt and I bought into into the anger because I was hurt too. I should have just been a neutral participant, but to him sides had to be taken.

She never blamed me. She understood what was going on. She always emailed me on my Birthday and on Christmas and told me how much she missed me. But she never begged and she never guilted me. I rarely responded.

I reconnected with her in 2014, and immediately we were on good terms again. Not once in these 6 years since has she EVER brought up that I never saw her for 7 years. Not an ounce of guilt trip. Our relationship has never been stronger. Sheís truly a positive influence (Iím still an asshole just not a miserable one) in my life and probably would have been for those 7 years. And thereís my Father, who I love, but is still not over the divorce. Still
    miserable. Still says he has a dark cloud over his head.

And now, Iím 32 and I realize I lost nearly a decade of time with my Mom. Thatís time with my Mom I wonít ever get back. Itís time with her son she will never get back. All it would have taken was a phone call. One phone call. One email response saying, ďHey. Iím done being angry. Iím sorry. Want to grab lunch sometime?Ē

It would have been done right there. But I just couldnít. I will never forgive myself. Ever. Thatís my own burden, I need to carry.

If something had happened to her in those 7 years, the depression would have been unrecoverable.

Everybody has their reasons for not trying to reconcile. Just pick up the phone or send a text. Because those reasons will almost certainly end up being inconsequential if one half of the relationship dies.

Last edited by MF5150; 01.09.21 at 07:44 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Never talked about this here but I feel it’s a bit appropriate.

I didn’t speak with my Mom for 7 years after my parents split up back in 2006. My Father told me one disparaging thing after another (many mistruths) about her, cause he was so hurt and I bought into into the anger because I was hurt too. I should have just been a neutral participant, but to him sides had to be taken.

She never blamed me. She understood what was going on. She always emailed me on my Birthday and on Christmas and told me how much she missed me. But she never begged and she never guilted me. I rarely responded.

I reconnected with her in 2014, and immediately we were on good terms again. Not once in these 6 years since has she EVER brought up that I never saw her for 7 years. Not an ounce of guilt trip. Our relationship has never been stronger. She’s truly a positive influence (I’m still an asshole just not a miserable one) in my life and probably would have been for those 7 years. And there’s my Father, who I love, but is still not over the divorce. Still
    miserable. Still says he has a dark cloud over his head.

And now, I’m 32 and I realize I lost nearly a decade of time with my Mom. That’s time with my Mom I won’t ever get back. It’s time with her son she will never get back. All it would have taken was a phone call. One phone call. One email response saying, “Hey. I’m done being angry. I’m sorry. Want to grab lunch sometime?”

It would have been done right there. But I just couldn’t. I will never forgive myself. Ever. That’s my own burden, I need to carry.

If something had happened to her in those 7 years, the depression would have been unrecoverable.

Everybody has their reasons for not trying to reconcile. Just pick up the phone or send a text. Because those reasons will almost certainly end up being inconsequential if one half of the relationship dies.

Life is too short (as we are constantly reminded) for grudges.

Mitch, sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. You should forgive yourself. You will be amazed how much better you feel once you remove that burden.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

12. VH1986, MD 5150, PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I didn't speak to or see my sister for 20 years. We just drifted apart for whatever reason. She had 4 sons who were born and teenagers by the time I met them for the first time at my parents memorial.

Of course we love each other. If I knew she was dying you bet your ass I'm picking up a phone and will there for her.

14. PrideofPasadena Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

05.01.21 @ 10:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardVHLinks Proud!Padawan Praiser

All the rumination about this kind of amazes me.

It takes both parties to reconcile. We have no idea the depth of the riff between the two, although my gut tells me it runs pretty deep.

Maybe both guys didnít really care about it? And if so, so what? Old friends/acquaintences never speak to each other again all the time. Old business partners as well.

It might sound harsh, but if Ed regretted it as he was in his final days, well, thatís his fault.

If it bothers Mike, nobody to blame but himself. My gut tells me Mike didnít like Ed at all (and vice versa), and it probably wonít eat him up inside.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike View Post
    All the rumination about this kind of amazes me.

It takes both parties to reconcile. We have no idea the depth of the riff between the two, although my gut tells me it runs pretty deep.

Maybe both guys didn’t really care about it? And if so, so what? Old friends/acquaintences never speak to each other again all the time. Old business partners as well.

It might sound harsh, but if Ed regretted it as he was in his final days, well, that’s his fault.

If it bothers Mike, nobody to blame but himself. My gut tells me Mike didn’t like Ed at all (and vice versa), and it probably won’t eat him up inside.
    And thats fine, and really nothing wrong with that. But it sort of goes against the "Mike walks on water" narrative that some of you have had for years about him.

Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.21.21 @ 06:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Ed had zero respect for Mike for decades. The few comments he made about him (pre & post rehab) made that clear. I donít think Ed gave a single thought to Mike in his last days, years, etc. The Kitchen Sink thing was Wolfís idea. So it wasnít on Mike to make that call, in my opinion.

18. Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

05.01.21 @ 10:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardVHLinks Proud!Padawan Praiser

And thats fine, and really nothing wrong with that. But it sort of goes against the "Mike walks on water" narrative that some of you have had for years about him.
    I don’t get why that would impact the “Mike walks on water” narrative? Not that I believe in that narrative.

Does it somehow make you a worse person if you don’t like a particular person and it doesn’t bother you that much if you never reconciled before your death?
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike View Post
    I don’t get why that would impact the “Mike walks on water” narrative? Not that I believe in that narrative.

Does it somehow make you a worse person if you don’t like a particular person and it doesn’t bother you that much if you never reconciled before your death?
    Not necessarily a worse person, but if he loves the fans so much as is said, maybe make the simplest of efforts to reconcile for them before death makes it impossible.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Looks like Mike was real bitter about having to sign away certain rights.

May not have gotten over it.