Yesterday @ 02:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    If you have info to the contrary I would love to see some links about Van Halen owing Warner Bros. any albums from way back.

Seems completely unlikely since the band’s first desire was to release demo music for 2015, but couldn’t put together good enough quality recordings, so they just did the live album just to release something they could tour behind. I have no idea where you’re getting this old unfulfilled contract thing you keep bringing up. The band had no contract with Warner Brothers at all in 2015. Show me otherwise.

Warner Bros. didn’t want a brand new studio album from them in 2012, but they were screaming in 2015 about some hundred year old deal they made for a live album? That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
    The WB obligation for a compilation was longstanding. When VH released ' Right Here Right Now' , it was under pressure from that very obligation.

VH released their new 2012 album on Interscope Record Label.

VH DID NOT owe VH an " album " of new material. There was an unfufilled " Compilation or Live" release due.

VH never had any intention of offering " ADKOT" to WB. Nor were WB knocking at the door.

There's no links to post what I say is fact. There's all kinds of contactual renogations & complications.throughout the years. I do know its confusing to VH fans. If you dont believe thats fine I dont care. Go ask Fudd or Devin Stevens & believe them.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 01.24.21 at 01:46 AM.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 12:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Sammy says Alex is in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The WB obligation for a compilation was longstanding. When VH released ' Right Here Right Now' , it was under pressure from that very obligation.

VH released their new 2012 album on Interscope Record Label.

VH DID NOT owe VH an " album " of new material. There was an unfufilled " Compilation or Live" release due.

VH never had any intention of offering " ADKOT" to WB. Nor were WB knocking at the door.

There's no links to post what I say is fact. if you dont believe thats fine I dont care. Go ask Fudd or Devin Stevens & believe them.
    Of course I donít believe it because itís not true. I donít care what Fudd or Darrin Stephens say. Love them but they are hardly the end all be all of Van Halen knowledge and contracts.

The band had no intention of doing a live album in 2015, they clearly have said several times they wanted to release demos and couldnít make it work. The live album was a fucking afterthought and had nothing to do with some bullshit contract that they donít have with Warner Bros. owing them anything from 100 years prior.

My point was if Warner Bros. really wanted to cash in on the band they wouldíve brought them back for the 2012 studio album, not been bitching about some stupid live album years later. Why didnít they say in 2012, ďHey you still owe us a live album from 100 years ago, you canít put out a studio album.Ē
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

No- (I just remembered & was about to edit the above post....but now see this new one)....

It was on THIS very site...VH Links....your site....in the year 2014 or 2015.....months before the Tokyo Dome & remasters & 2015 Tour were announced officially....

There was ONE guy.....his name was BIGROSS.. .he was freinds with Esquire magazine journalist David Curruirto....who was in EVH's company at the time....& had previously published articles....

This- Bigross00 guy is THE ONE & ONLY guy on the internet who posted real factual truths long before being publically announced.

I could search back & find his posts but you are making me work too hard for a simple VH trivia comment . Haha. ( I can do it tommorrow or the next day but Jesus you are putting me to work for a simple factoid). Ugh

I CAN tell you I KNOW & remember EVERY SINGLE comment BigRoss00 made WAS 100% correct....

At the time many didnt believe him....

He said; " new album- Tokyo No overdubs owed WB another album"

I remember you saying no way a live album without vocal overdubs...but Big Ross 00 posts said just that & thats the way it was.

Theres plenty of other stuff too but I can't get too involved with this internet stuff It becomes work searching around copying links & typing my initial comment was just intended to be an informative factoid relating to the topic. Never intended to run around finding links & proof about the WB deal theres several document scans Ive copied Michael McDonald I'll Wait composition documents sold on Backstage Auctions & tons of stuff regarding lawsuits & whatnot from Noel Monks & Steve Martin.

Its a lit of work to type & compile info backed with photo scans to include in the post....

And for what.....to prove something true to someone....

I dont care but If I change my mind I'll post the info later on next week. Believe what you want I dont care. Theres so many misknown factoids anyways what the fuck do I care.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Today @ 12:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Itís not negative to acknowledge that VHís relevance is nowhere near where some people think it is. And thatís all some of us were saying.

There were a few posts saying VHís stock is really high right now with the passing of Ed last October.

It isnít.

Thatís not negativity. Thatís realism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

5. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No- (I just remembered & was about to edit the above post....but now see this new one)....

It was on THIS very site...VH Links....your site....in the year 2014 or 2015.....months before the Tokyo Dome & remasters & 2015 Tour were announced officially....

There was ONE guy.....his name was BIGROSS.. .he was freinds with Esquire magazine journalist David Curruirto....who was in EVH's company at the time....& had previously published articles....

This- Bigross00 guy is THE ONE & ONLY guy on the internet who posted real factual truths long before being publically announced.

I could search back & find his posts but you are making me work too hard for a simple VH trivia comment . Haha. ( I can do it tommorrow or the next day but Jesus you are putting me to work for a simple factoid). Ugh

I CAN tell you I KNOW & remember EVERY SINGLE comment BigRoss00 made WAS 100% correct....

At the time many didnt believe him....

He said; " new album- Tokyo No overdubs owed WB another album"

I remember you saying no way a live album without vocal overdubs...but Big Ross 00 posts said just that & thats the way it was.

Theres plenty of other stuff too but I can't get too involved with this internet stuff It becomes work searching around copying links & typing my initial comment was just intended to be an informative factoid relating to the topic. Never intended to run around finding links & proof about the WB deal theres several document scans Ive copied Michael McDonald I'll Wait composition documents sold on Backstage Auctions & tons of stuff regarding lawsuits & whatnot from Noel Monks & Steve Martin.

Its a lit of work to type & compile info backed with photo scans to include in the post....

And for what.....to prove something true to someone....

I dont care but If I change my mind I'll post the info later on next week. Believe what you want I dont care. Theres so many misknown factoids anyways what the fuck do I care.
    1. I found the thread he started along with his other 52 posts.
    2. He never once stated anything about owing Warner Bros. anything in any reply I found. However it doesnít appear I can find all 52 posts either using Tapatalk.
    3. He did say in December 2014 that there would be a live album from Tokyo. Ok so? He said nothing else.
    4. I did not make one post in either thread. So no idea why youíre bringing me into it. Iím sure I was surprised they would release a live album and not fix Daveís vocals. Who wouldnít be!!?!? And they shouldíve because the vocals were bad.
    Webmaster

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.29.21 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Yeah, CD box sets are still being released at a pretty high level. Of course everyone except VH joined the party. The vinyl sets are big now.

I do believe we are discounting the youth of today a little, though. While, rock died this century, Youtube is changing the game. I'm seeing a lot of teens with Youtube channels talking about classic rock. From all over the world. New fans are created everyday.

It's no different from when we first heard the 60's bands, in 1980, that were done a decade before. It's not an ideal climate but fans are still coming aboard for the very first time. Just like all you parents that created VH fans the last go rounds. I made my sister a rock fan in the early 90's.

Yes, most schools around the world, the majority will be listening to the music of now. But in most every school there will be SUBDIVISIONS.
    The misfits who don't conform and like Zeppelin and VH.....Add them up around the world and it's a pretty good chunk of fans. Which, with all these Youtube channels from young and old alike...seems to be growing.
    Especially, if you are living on the fringes of the city.

You really gotta be cool, or you'll get cast out.

It's tough for kids.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 12:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

It's tough for kids.
    Your Rush references have not gone unnoticed, and are well appreciated.
    Little Dreamer

9. japeape Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I never read Sammy Hagarís book so I donít know whatís in it. I just know the contract was renegotiated. Itís pretty much common knowledge that it affected the back catalog as well. I donít know how many interviews Ed gave talking about it and I can remember several interviews when Mike talked about it. It obviously happened, despite your denial. Of course Sam talked about it a lot as well, but anything Sam says is a lie, I get it.

If you have info to the contrary I would love to see some links about Van Halen owing Warner Bros. any albums from way back.

Seems completely unlikely since the bandís first desire was to release demo music for 2015, but couldnít put together good enough quality recordings, so they just did the live album just to release something they could tour behind. I have no idea where youíre getting this old unfulfilled contract thing you keep bringing up. The band had no contract with Warner Brothers at all in 2015. Show me otherwise.

Warner Bros. didnít want a brand new studio album from them in 2012, but they were screaming in 2015 about some hundred year old deal they made for a live album? That doesnít make any sense whatsoever.
    Brett, do yourself a favor and read Sammy's book. It's really good.
    Little Dreamer

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Brett, do yourself a favor and read Sammy's book. It's really good.
    Dude I donít read anymore I know Iíll never read it. I just donít have the patience to do that anymore.

Back in the day I would have though. I had to completely force myself to read that Van Halen book which of course was worth it, but it was difficult for me. I just donít have the concentration anymore or something.
    Webmaster

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    31 Days Registered250 VHL Life Points

It's tough for kids.

Any kid who listens to VH or Led Zep these days, he's a rebel and a runner. He's a signal turning green. He's a restless young romantic who wants to run the big machine.

13. Little Dreamer, It's Mike Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.29.21 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Any kid who listens to VH or Led Zep these days, he's a rebel and a runner. He's a signal turning green. He's a restless young romantic who wants to run the big machine.
    And a guy like that...
    Let's just say, his mind will never be up for rent.
    And don't assume he's arrogant, either.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

15. Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Dude I donít read anymore I know Iíll never read it. I just donít have the patience to do that anymore.

Back in the day I would have though. I had to completely force myself to read that Van Halen book which of course was worth it, but it was difficult for me. I just donít have the concentration anymore or something.
    U didnt read the templeman book either? It has a lot of heart, which surprised me. It's a good book to feel better in the covid era.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Little Dreamer

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    31 Days Registered250 VHL Life Points

And a guy like that...
    Let's just say, his mind will never be up for rent.
    And don't assume he's arrogant, either.
    The two most important bands of my youth in the 80s---VH and Rush. I used to think I was born 10 years too late as I missed seeing all the big rock bands in the 70s (Zep, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc.). However, I realize I was also lucky in that I did get to see so many shows from bands in their prime during the back half of the "rock era". There have been many younger adults at my work who are mesmerized (...and also make me feel old...) when I tell them some of the shows I saw in the 80s, such as VH in 82 and 84, and Rush also in those same years. The one that always seems to blow their minds is when I tell them that I saw Ozzy in 86 with Metallica opening up, as Master Of Puppets had just come out and Metallica was still somewhat underground then.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Ok, I agree. However you must also admit that he's got a problem with his poisons - you know he'll find a cure. He's cleaning up his systems to keep his nature pure.
    Little Dreamer

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 12:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

RIP Neil.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

20. Little Dreamer Liked This Post