01.13.21 @ 04:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    This is not meant to be a knock on Michael Anthony. Repeat, this is not meant to be a knock on Michael Anthony.

I'm sure that Mike must have heard from Sam and others that Ed was not well. If Ed was really passing along well wishes and greetings to Mike through Sam, I wonder why Mike didn't call Ed, or if he regrets that now.

Again, not to be a knock on Michael. Relationships are complicated and there are always things that we're not aware of.
    If the recent exchanges between Mike and Wolf on Instagram are any indication, it appears issues have been resolved.
    Mike has praised Wolf's new song, was visibly upset at Ed's passing and Wolf has called him a brother.
    I'm sure Mike would have relayed a message back to Ed via Sam as well.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 04:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sane View Post
    If the recent exchanges between Mike and Wolf on Instagram are any indication, it appears issues have been resolved.
    Mike has praised Wolf's new song, was visibly upset at Ed's passing and Wolf has called him a brother.
    I'm sure Mike would have relayed a message back to Ed via Sam as well.
    He was talking about if Mike regrets not reaching out to Ed directly before it was too late. Who knows, maybe he did.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePic Poster
    Awards:
    The Ansel Adams Award

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    ALEX must really really not like Sammy
    And I think it's ok.
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.12.21 @ 09:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardVHLinks Proud!Padawan Praiser

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    This is not meant to be a knock on Michael Anthony. Repeat, this is not meant to be a knock on Michael Anthony.

I'm sure that Mike must have heard from Sam and others that Ed was not well. If Ed was really passing along well wishes and greetings to Mike through Sam, I wonder why Mike didn't call Ed, or if he regrets that now.

Again, not to be a knock on Michael. Relationships are complicated and there are always things that we're not aware of.
    Hey, Menlow!

Based on Sam’s interview with Trunk, I got the impression Sam didn’t really know how dire it was. He clearly knew Ed was sick, as George Lopez reached out and told him to reach out to Ed, and that Ed was sick. But Sam also said he believed they’d play together again, and Ed had referenced that. Impossible to know what Sam would’ve told Mike.

in another thread there was speculation that neither Sam or Dave had reached out to Al since Ed’s passing. Clearly Sam did. No way to know if Mike did, or tried, or whatever?
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

01.07.21 @ 08:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Oh its too late now but no way David would have done that kitchen sink tour.

The real tour that was already confirmed & established for 2019 was only Mike & very different from the other one mentioned they contacted Mike but not the other guys yet & Wolf clearly stated they just talked about it not that Dave had been informed at that time in late 2018.

Sammy didnt talk with Ed until 2020 a year after the 2019 tour was cancelled. So entirely different scenario.

I do agree it would be a good idea though whether David likes it or not they have a multi ptatinum history with Sammy & it'd be a good way to go out much more hoopla & whatnot.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 11.24.20 at 07:06 PM.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.11.21 @ 10:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    One could easily understand how Alex could be put off with Sammy’s constant self promotion and aggrandizement at every dropping of the Van Halen name. In a time of mourning that could really grate on the grieving.
    It's quite possible Alex is still taking Ed's passing hard and is heavily grieving. Losing an immediate loved one is the most difficult thing to endure and makes it difficult to connect with anyone outside of your circle during a time of loss.

7. The Rover, DFVH5150 Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 02:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh its too late now but no way David would have done that kitchen sink tour.

The real tour that was already confirmed & established for 2019 was only Mike & very different from the other one mentioned they contacted Mike but not the other guys yet & Wolf clearly stated they just talked about it not that Dave had been informed at that time in late 2018.

Sammy didnt talk with Ed until 2020 a year after the 2019 tour was cancelled. So entirely different scenario.

I do agree it would be a good idea though whether David likes it or not they have a multi ptatinum history with Sammy & it'd be a good way to go out much more hoopla & whatnot.
    I really liked Sam's idea for the Kitchen Sink Tour, of him alternating with Dave doing 2 songs each time. If you had Dave doing the first part and then Sam doing the second, there would be a lot people walking out after Dave's set.

As far as Alex goes, he's a complex man, and anybody's guess about him not contacting Sam could be right or wrong. The bond the VH brothers had was deeper and more special than any professional bond with others.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.11.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points31 Days Registered

Remember Ed said Mike never reached out to him in 2001 when he had his FIRST cancer scare. I think it was a contributing factor to Ed not wanting him around in 2004.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    If you had Dave doing the first part and then Sam doing the second, there would be a lot people walking out after Dave's set.
    Ahh- Yes well no there's a lotta folks that kinda like hearing that guitar guy play...I think his name is Ed.

11. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Metalsludge View Post
    Remember Ed said Mike never reached out to him in 2001 when he had his FIRST cancer scare. I think it was a contributing factor to Ed not wanting him around in 2004.
    There's no record of this, that's speculation. Around 2000-2001, they did the second attempt at a Dave reunion, which failed. Mike didn't have to "reach out," he was in touch with Eddie on a daily basis, recording stuff in the studio with him. Things started going south in 2002, but the reason was because Ed and Al didn't approve of Mike going on tour with Sammy during the Sam & Dave tour.
    Little Dreamer

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Forgive me but I'm confused by your input lately. If in fact your Metalsludge username is in fact the same guy from the website...Stevie...from the band TUFF....who supposedly dated Janie briefly before Ed....

My question is why after all this time you are now posting here at this site? . Not that I'm against you or anything but just noticed a few comments disparaging your Metalsludge site thinking you started the fake VH rumour but I know it was a FB group page & your site just simply posted the story...but was subsequently tweeted by Wolf....with the Metalsludge headline....many folks illread simpletons failed to acknowledge you didnt make the story up just reported it on your site which Wolf happened to quote with his post saying its not true...

But- Theres dumbfucks here posting thinking it was you & you never answer the posts. I'm confused why that is.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    There's no record of this, that's speculation. Around 2000-2001, they did the second attempt at a Dave reunion, which failed. Mike didn't have to "reach out," he was in touch with Eddie on a daily basis, recording stuff in the studio with him. Things started going south in 2002, but the reason was because Ed and Al didn't approve of Mike going on tour with Sammy during the Sam & Dave tour.
    What are you guys even attempting to convey at all really. Do you even see the years you are mentioning.

None of you super hyper VH internet fuckwads know what you are talking about.

None of you ever take the time to even Google the topic which takes less than 10 seconds.

Fucking scamps. Airbrain VH internet scamps.

It occurs to me I'm an idiot reading & participting but at least my memory of VH trivia is intact.

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I'm pretty sure On that long road to cabo DVD. MA was asked about that, and said Ed and Al didn't have a problem with him playing with Sam, but they didn't want him playing with Dave.

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.12.21 @ 03:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    5,000 VHL Life PointsWell-LikedOld Guard

That was just a means to an ends. Truth is Eddie really wanted to play and tour tour with his son. Understand that. And I have never held that over Wolf.

Peace
    Destructo

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Today @ 11:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

It wasn't that. It was the fact that Mike didnt reach out when to the brothers when their Mother died. They were filthy about it. Unforgivable Ed apparently said. Confirmed by Andrew Bennett.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

18. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post