12.03.20 @ 10:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteran2,000 VHL Life Points

Default Mission Impossible: Purchasing a guitar associated with EVH

Between the absolutely ridiculous prices on Reverb and Ebay, the complete lack of inventory for any EVH-gear on major retailers' websites... this is not a great time to go looking to add to the guitar collection. 1/10, would not recommend.

Months ago, I'd planned to buy a BW striped series, and had set a target date of mid-November for myself. Sweetwater? Nope. Guitar Center? Nope. Sam Ash? Nope. I wanted new, but I decided to expand my search to include used, and then saw the prices on Reverb... whoa. Any guitar associated with EVH now seems either unavailable or way over-priced... even old Peavey Specials that I could get used a few years ago for like, $400, are now selling close to a grand. I can't tell if this is true market demand after Eddie's passing, or if scalpers are cashing in by hoarding the guitars and selling them at ridiculously high prices.

Anyone else encounter this?

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 08:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Its just because Ed passed and people want the stuff now because they are afraid they won't get them anymore. Same as gun sales before or after an election or toilet paper etc cause of a stupid ass virus. People just act out and go insane and sellers take advantage of it. The PVs and music mans EVH will most likely stay on the high side because they are collectors guitars but the EVH line will come back around once the idiot people stop acting like they'll never be avaialble again. Just hang in there and they will come around again.

Rob

Rob

3. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I did get a Standard Quilt, maybe two weeks ago, while Musician's Friend had them in stock. But now I have a D-Tuna backordered that they expect to get in 1/01. Geez.

I was taken aback to see a Gold Peavey Wolfgang Special for like $2,000 on Reverb. It was going for around $600 beforehand.

5. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.03.20 @ 03:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    5,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Yea, I took the plunge on an EVH Striped Series 5150 guitar from sweetwater. I was told March 2021. I'm willing to wait, I get the back log, and the price didn't change, but yea it's going to be a while. It's my 50th birthday present for February, at least that's how I sold it to the wife.

7. Volumeto11, ScottyBHarris Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Mission Impossible: Purchasing a guitar associated with EVH

People are just taking advantage of the situation. Honestly just wait a couple months until things calm down and the prices go back to normal. Iím not understanding this illogical idea that you wonít be able to buy EVH brand guitars anymore. The company is continuing on, nothing is changing other than than Ed isnít around anymore. The products are still being put out. This whole thing makes very little sense to me. I can understand assholes trying to get more for the older equipment that they have but this idea that the new stuff wonít be available because Ed passed away is silly.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

9. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

11.30.20 @ 12:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Keep in mind that a lot of EVH products are made outside of the US, and since the virus hit production and shipping have slowed way, way down. The lack of available product on top of Ed's death has made this the opportune time to gouge. When production is able to get back on track, whenever that may be, then prices will start going back down.

Patience. Pre-order through a reputable site if you want a new guitar, and wait it out. I'd say do it soon, too. EVH is a brand and a business, and if the market starts reflecting that people are happy to pay a lot more than current MSRP, there may be a price increase coming in the near future.
    blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

11. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

Today @ 11:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Volumeto11 View Post
    Between the absolutely ridiculous prices on Reverb and Ebay, the complete lack of inventory for any EVH-gear on major retailers' websites... this is not a great time to go looking to add to the guitar collection. 1/10, would not recommend.

Months ago, I'd planned to buy a BW striped series, and had set a target date of mid-November for myself. Sweetwater? Nope. Guitar Center? Nope. Sam Ash? Nope. I wanted new, but I decided to expand my search to include used, and then saw the prices on Reverb... whoa. Any guitar associated with EVH now seems either unavailable or way over-priced... even old Peavey Specials that I could get used a few years ago for like, $400, are now selling close to a grand. I can't tell if this is true market demand after Eddie's passing, or if scalpers are cashing in by hoarding the guitars and selling them at ridiculously high prices.

Anyone else encounter this?
    Here’s a BW Striped Series on Reverb, says it will ship Dec 9th, $899 brand new. Good Luck!
    https://reverb.com/item/36750205-evh...-black-stripes

13. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.03.20 @ 12:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I've noticed the same stuff. I bought a MIM Wolfgang Special on Black Friday last year for a great deal. My buddy now wants to get something similar this year, & I've had to lower his expectations. The likelihood of any EVH gear being on sale (if there is anything left) is incredibly unlikely. I was looking at a blemish Shark on Reverb that was about $500 CAD off retail. It sold instantly. The B/W Striped above is a good deal in today's market.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

15. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.03.20 @ 10:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteran2,000 VHL Life Points

Scotty, thanks so much for that link! Shipping looks like 12-8, which is great. Unfortunately, after my initial snarky post, the guitar gods took their revenge and made my wifeís computer go ka-bloo-ey, necessitating spending a not-insignificant amount of cash on a new machine for her to work from home. So my guitar buying antics will have to wait, but Iím heartened to see that the BW is attainable at a not unreasonable price.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.03.20 @ 12:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    I did get a Standard Quilt, maybe two weeks ago, while Musician's Friend had them in stock. But now I have a D-Tuna backordered that they expect to get in 1/01. Geez.

I was taken aback to see a Gold Peavey Wolfgang Special for like $2,000 on Reverb. It was going for around $600 beforehand.
    Sellers are totally trying to take advantage. I saw a Peavey WG Special (the one with the flat top, solid colour & no binding) on Kijiji up here for $3200. Even the Korean EX Wolfs are listing for between $2 - $3k. I sold the one I had when I upgraded for $400 CAD about 5 yrs ago. Before Ed passed, it probably would have been maybe $700 - 800 CAD.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

18. Volumeto11 Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.03.20 @ 11:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

The local guitar shop in Peoria Illinois has a number of pieces of EVH gear for sale at normal prices. Mostly Standards, but they also have a USA HP2, 5150III amps, and some other stuff. Flores Music. They did have run on all of their striped series, but I think they still have a B/Y Wolf Special.

FYI.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Keep in mind that a lot of EVH products are made outside of the US, and since the virus hit production and shipping have slowed way, way down. The lack of available product on top of Ed's death has made this the opportune time to gouge. When production is able to get back on track, whenever that may be, then prices will start going back down.

Patience. Pre-order through a reputable site if you want a new guitar, and wait it out. I'd say do it soon, too. EVH is a brand and a business, and if the market starts reflecting that people are happy to pay a lot more than current MSRP, there may be a price increase coming in the near future.

I had asked for advice here recently for purchasing a guitar for a 9 year old So I started my search in earnest a couple of weeks or so ago for Christmas and I am very discouraged by what I am finding in stock. Searched 4 different smaller music stores including 2 specialty guitar shops. I want to buy local if possible but that doesn't sound like it is going to happen, All 4 told me the same thing and that is if I find something I want, buy it right then and there because if I take time to think and come back it;s likely to be gone. And none of them have any idea when their orders are coming in so they are not taking orders on anything. One guitar shop told me that he is thinking of closing for the month of December because he doesn't believe he will have any stock worth selling by that time and with no new orders coming in.

A couple of them told me a story ( whether you believe it or not) that their orders have shipped but are still on ships on the west coast that they cannot unload due to covid or they are in warehouses waiting to ship but cannot be shipped due to covid restrictions.

2020...always finding a new way to suck.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Daisy are you going for a squire/epiphone type guitar or just something real cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

the consensus here was to go for a fender squire and that is what I have been looking for

Coinkadinkally I just got a Guitar Center flyer today advertising a squire by fender stratocaster limited edition with a fender frontman 10g am for $169 bucks

or a squire limited edition bullet telecaster fir 129 no amp

I was really really trying to shop the small local music stores tho. It just doesn't seem possible tho

By having him noodle around with guitars in the shops we have determined that he just barely does not need a 3/4 tho.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Yeah I wouldíve said squire as well. Way I see it is if they get good enough then spring for the better axes. And check some of the smaller music store chains that do shipping. I myself am not a guitar center guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk