THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY - Page 1153
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,065
Page 1153 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311501151115211531154115511561163 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,295 of 17455
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Do you support the carbon tax? Do you advocate for free healthcare and college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liked the idea of having a carbon tax initially as it was at least theoretically doing something about climate change. The way it's been run by Trudeau as basically a tax grab is beyond the pale to me. I am against it now. Universal healthcare is very important to me. I don't really have an opinion about college although I don't think it should be free.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Bush also sorta helped tank the economy just before the 2008 elections with the subprime mortgages that cratered.
    Actually it was Clinton who deregulated and made mortgages like crack to banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bklynboy68, Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Bush also sorta helped tank the economy just before the 2008 elections with the subprime mortgages that cratered.
    Bush got blamed for it, as every sitting POTUS does, but that was more on Bill Clinton and Alan Greenspan than it was Bush.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 05:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Obama was the benefactor that the primary challenger to him was one of the most disliked people in politics. Hillary Clinton. We are talking about the woman who lost not only to the first African American to win their parties nomination but also lost to Trump. There is a reason why that occurred. People view her as a See You Next Tuesday. She rode on the coatails of her husband. Given a Senator seat in a state she never lived in. Given positions of power simply having the right last name.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't have won the nomination had it been John Kerry V2. He also was the benefactor that people were tired of Republican rule in WH. That said what sank McCain was the financial crisis. Up until September, the race was tied. McCaiin even at times had a lead.

Timing is everything in politics and Obama was the benefactor of that. Just like Joe Biden. Joe couldn't sniff the WH until 2020 when the Democrats hated Trump so much they forced favorites like Amy K and St Pete into retirement so Bernie wouldn't win and then lost in November. Wasn't because of Joe. Was because of the DNC giving it to him since he affored them the only chance to win

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 06:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Bill Clinton reversing the Glass/Steagle act from the depression era. A bad move still affects things today. Investment banks should be investment banks and commercial banks should be commercial banks. That's what led to an almost 0 rate free money environment for 24 years.

Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

7. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Them maybe you're just like that with American politics. You push every far left trope like a militant soldier and obsess about Trump in a way that's odd for someone who is not an American.
    I just think that Trump's a nepo baby who morphed into a conman early on in his career bc he had the inherited power and money to be able to do so. That's why I dislike him. Maybe I'm wrong but ask anyone with a degree from Trump University what it's worth. Zero.

I need to hear more about these far left tropes that I'm pushing. Please provide some examples bc I have no idea of what you're talking about. I'm all-in for healthcare but that's just common sense as is some form of gun control with all of the mass shootings that you have. Never cared about the trans stuff as it's never affected my life. I'm in a province that benefits greatly from oil and energy so not complaining about that. No particular opinion of Bud Light except that its swill. Please educate me.

p.s. I'm curious after hearing all of the Obama hate. How would you guys feel about him if he had a R rather than a D next to his name?
    Last edited by KS 5150; 04.22.24 at 07:24 AM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

05.13.24 @ 06:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

I'm not aiming this at one oerson, but I often laugh when I hear about "common sense gun control". Those words can often be heard.

(Not always), but often times certain view points are pushed by people that don't know a lot about guns, but also by people who just want restrictions because they don't like guns and want to decide what other law Abiding citizens should and shouldn't have. In regards to this issue anyway.

The right to firearms is both a constituational and a natural right. A right to self defense. Rights of the individual take priority over the emotions of a collective group of people.

The loudest voices for "gun control" would still call for it regardless if "mass shootings" are up or down.

10. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I'm not aiming this at one oerson, but I often laugh when I hear about "common sense gun control". Those words can often be heard.

(Not always), but often times certain view points are pushed by people that don't know a lot about guns, but also by people who just want restrictions because they don't like guns and want to decide what other law Abiding citizens should and shouldn't have. In regards to this issue anyway.

The right to firearms is both a constituational and a natural right. A right to self defense. Rights of the individual take priority over the emotions of a collective group of people.

The loudest voices for "gun control" would still call for it regardless if "mass shootings" are up or down.
    When I refer to some sort of gun control I mean universal background checks to try to ensure as much as you can to prevent weapons getting in the hands of mentally ill people or those with criminal records who should be barred from owning them. How many times in recent memory have we heard of a mass shooter who shouldn't have had access to a gun in the 1st place getting one and killing a bunch of innocent people? I get the argument that this won't stop all mass shootings but I feel that it would help. 97% of your citizens support this but the gun lobby is too strong. I that I think you guys need to try something different as the status quo isn't working.

12. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post

But at what point is your right to owning a gun infringing upon someone else's right? That is the question.

I'm a legal, TRAINED, gun owner, and I don't like people that don't know a fucking thing about guns being able to walk around with them. A common sense gun law to me is that any US citizen can buy a weapon and keep it in their home for self protection, with zero training on how to use it.

But if you want to walk around in public with the fucking thing, and endanger others lives with your lack of knowledge on how to use said weapon, you will need to have training before I allow you to do that. And a lot of it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

14. KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

p.s. I'm curious after hearing all of the Obama hate. How would you guys feel about him if he had a R rather than a D next to his name?
    This is why discussing this stuff with you is a waste of time.

By the way, that's another lefty trope. There's your example.

adios
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

16. BREW CREW Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

I have come to conclusion that the worst thing Barack Obama ever did was rehabilitate Joe Biden's image and political career.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

05.15.24 @ 04:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I have come to conclusion that the worst thing Barack Obama ever did was rehabilitate Joe Biden's image and political career.
    I remember Obama did not want Biden to run. They had to pull out all stops to beat Trump. Covid, shut down the economy, trap everyone in their homes, dictate who is essential and non essential, dumping ballots in swing states, leftist media, riots, etc etc ...
    Just go for it!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    I remember Obama did not want Biden to run. They had to pull out all stops to beat Trump. Covid, shut down the economy, trap everyone in their homes, dictate who is essential and non essential, dumping ballots in swing states, leftist media, riots, etc etc ...
    That is a lot of nonsense all in one post. Might want to spread them out a little bit.

20. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

05.15.24 @ 04:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King100,000 VHL Life Points

I'll try. Lol
    Just go for it!

22. Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

05.13.24 @ 06:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    But at what point is your right to owning a gun infringing upon someone else's right? That is the question.

I'm a legal, TRAINED, gun owner, and I don't like people that don't know a fucking thing about guns being able to walk around with them. A common sense gun law to me is that any US citizen can buy a weapon and keep it in their home for self protection, with zero training on how to use it.

But if you want to walk around in public with the fucking thing, and endanger others lives with your lack of knowledge on how to use said weapon, you will need to have training before I allow you to do that. And a lot of it.
    If I haven't harmed or threatened an individual with my firearm, how have I infringed on another individual rights? I understand some people feel uncomfortable with the sight of certain firearms, but some will feel threatened when they see any firearm.

I don't personally carry outside of my property, but I appreciate others rights to do so unless there is a legit reason that person shouldn't carry one. I'm in my 40's and I've yet to see a number of people acting recklessly with a firearm. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I think we're better off sticking with freedom and liberty.

However, I think many of the people pushing anti gun measures want more than what they're asking for anyway. Look how fast this country went from "we just want gays to get married (which I'm fine with) to what we have now in terms of what must be accepted by the general public. Those on one side of the isle have had a lot more success shifting the Overton window in their direction over the last several decades.