like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Doesn't look like Trudeau is thrilled with Biden. The Democrats look very dangerous with their decisions, but now have the power to tell those that oppose to go f#@k themselves. I sure hope Biden has a magic wand to fix all this bullshit he is doing. Better have his bullies find where Trump keeps his and put it to use. Killing the pipeline without a viable replacement will cripple the economy.
    it won't cripple the economy, it doesn't have that sort of impact. But it's a short sighted decision.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    it won't cripple the economy, it doesn't have that sort of impact. But it's a short sighted decision.
    It's just a bad start, but, it is also just an EO, that is a long way from stopping the Keystone XL Pipeline.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Since Obama was credited for the economy up until the pandemic, and Trump took ownership March 2020, how long is this economy Trumps? 3.5 more years? Just asking for a friend.

4. MD 5150, Number 47 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 12:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

If the market crashes again and stays there like I thought it would last March lol its Trumps economy. If the market goes up up up the next few years its Bidens economy. All recessions/depressions are the Rs fault going back to Hoover. You should know that lol.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

6. bsbll4, MD 5150, ziggysmalls, Number 47 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

If we must give the President credit, they both should get some credit, and some blame.

In terms of the stock market, which Trump likes, he inherited one that was already setting records. It set further records during his 4 years.

That deficit, though. But we needn't look at that.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It's just a bad start, but, it is also just an EO, that is a long way from stopping the Keystone XL Pipeline.
    Also from a political perspective, likely pissed off the unions and first nations people.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    Democracy did prevail. That is a fact. The media reported this fact. There is also a subjective sigh of relief in media headlines and stories around the world. And that's a fact, Jack.
    Who's the world? First, Canada and Europe lean way left. Further, no country was a big fan of "America First", that was the point. Let me ask you this, do you think the 74 million Trump voters are sighing in relief? Do you think they aren't anxious?
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

The bigger issue with Keystone is the precedent. The governor of Michigan wants a pipeline (in use since the 50s) shut down as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

11. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 12:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Democracy did prevail. That is a fact. The media reported this fact. There is also a subjective sigh of relief in media headlines and stories around the world. And that's a fact, Jack.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The world needs idealists too. That's how we move forward.
    It's a nice platitude, but we're talking about concrete policy, not idealism. You can come out tomorrow and draw up legislation based on idealism but it won't accomplish anything (see the war on poverty, war on drugs, etc. All based on idealism but haven't made a bit of difference). We need policy decisions from both sides that actually move the needle on results, not just appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    You're not really helping future generations by moving pollution to other parts of the same planet.
    If there's one thing we've learned about the green movement over the last half century, it's that "not in my backyard" is intrinsically linked to it. Everyone wants cleaner energy, but they don't want to pay extra for it and they don't want the giant infrastructure needed for it to impact their views or property values. That's true of any infrastructure project, but it's just more ironic when it happens with the "we have to do this to save the planet!" crowd.

Who here remembers Ted Kennedy objecting to wind farms out in the ocean because it would ruin his view? There are also practical issues, as discussed here from Brookings:

Wind and solar generation require at least 10 times as much land per unit of power produced than coal- or natural gas-fired power plants, including land disturbed to produce and transport the fossil fuels. Additionally, wind and solar generation are located where the resource availability is best instead of where is most convenient for people and infrastructure, since their “fuel” can’t be transported like fossil fuels. Siting of wind facilities is especially challenging. Modern wind turbines are huge; most new turbines being installed in the United States today are the height of a 35-story building. Wind resources are best in open plains and on ridgetops, locations where the turbines can be seen for long distances.

Even though people like wind and solar power in the abstract, some object to large projects near their homes, especially if they don’t financially benefit from the project. Transmission for renewable power can also be unpopular, and even more difficult to site when the power is just passing through an area, rather than directly benefiting local residents. This is an issue today building transmission to move wind power from the Great Plains and Upper Midwest states to cities in the east.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Any single payer talk? No? Goodnight

15. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

The media coverage certainly has been fawning, but I wouldn't expect anything less honestly. Generally the press has a honeymoon phase with an incoming administration, even Republicans. Trump was different because he was at war with the media from the very beginning. When they mischaracterized his "murderers and rapists" line at his initial press conference, he realized immediately how they were trying to drive him out and he wasn't going to take it like other politicians had. The honeymoon phase usually continues for a few months, or if you're a Democrat administration, the entire term (see Obama).

Let's see how long it takes the traditional media to write a story criticizing the Biden administration for something. And not in just a "they could have gone more progressive but cowered" type article, I'm talking "they bungled this, they were immoral, this is a threat to democracy itself, etc." that we saw for 4 years under Trump. I won't hold my breath.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Since Obama was credited for the economy up until the pandemic, and Trump took ownership March 2020, how long is this economy Trumps? 3.5 more years? Just asking for a friend.
    lol... I seem to remember Trump taking credit for the jobs report the January he took office.

Trumps finger prints will be on the economy / jobs for the next 6 months at least; be it good or bad. Biden will lay claim if good, blame if bad. All leaders do this. Obama took 'credit' for the job losses the first while of his office - difference being that they were shit; I remember him saying doesn't matter who created the issue, he was the guy in charge, so he owned the numbers.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    For what it's worth, up here, it's a dead stop. Construction has ceased, all of the workers have been laid off, it's basically dead.

Oh well, I guess getting your foreign oil from Saudi & Russia is considered preferable to getting it from Canada. Ethics and all Thanks Joe.
    Last edited by KS 5150; 01.22.21 at 08:13 AM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    When they mischaracterized his "murderers and rapists" line at his initial press conference, he realized immediately how they were trying to drive him out and he wasn't going to take it like other politicians had.

Let's see how long it takes the traditional media to write a story criticizing the Biden administration for something. And not in just a "they could have gone more progressive but cowered" type article, I'm talking "they bungled this, they were immoral, this is a threat to democracy itself, etc." that we saw for 4 years under Trump. I won't hold my breath.
    They didn't mischaracterize what he said. The quoted him directly.

And yes, saying the "free press is the enemy of the people" is a threat to democracy. Look at any Dictatorial run country and how the press is treated, for reference.

He was able to convince a large number of his supporters that any negative news story about him was "fake news". America isn't the only country who has Liberal and Conservative media outlets that are biased. It's not unique to the States. We have Liberal outlets and Conservative outlets up here. Our PM doesn't shit his pants and start calling the conservative reporters, "Fake news" when they write a less than flattering story about him.

If he had just kept his cool and ignored them, like almost every other President who had to deal with a biased news media, it would have been a non-issue. But he had to push the "fake news" narrative to delegitimize any and all critical stories about him. Because throughout his career he has made it a compulsion, to demean and delegitimize anybody who criticizes him.

I'm shocked people were surprised with his relationship with the media. He was doing the same shit for years before he was President.
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.22.21 at 08:14 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

20. VH1986 Liked This Post