Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:48 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I wouldn't say any group or side are more bullish then the others. Hell I get out of the COVID thread because its definitely a one size fits all approach there. Read the language in there about people who have a viewpoint. ITs not pretty. People looking down on people for possibly questioning.

One can be pro vaccine yet also believe that some things don't always add up. Same with this Administration. One can think that Trump is a blowhard but Biden and his people are likely more inept with running a country. Yet that doesn't fly around here. Any criticism of Bidne is lex with "well Trump did it first"

I have seen very distasteful things thrown around from both sides. So its just not the righties over here. Plenty of left leaning people have been banned from this site or told to quiet it down.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 03:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I wouldn't say any group or side are more bullish then the others.

I have seen very distasteful things thrown around from both sides. So its just not the righties over here.
    I donít think anybody said anything about sides, affiliations or groups.

But since you did, I imagine you know whoís being referred to. And there is zero doubt that it has been both sides during the course of this forumís existence. I know because Iím fairly certain Iíve come close to getting banned here for my past behaviour.

Look, a large % of people who have posted in here since Feb-Apr or since the Guidelines have been instituted have been respectful.

There are then a few people who havent seemed to give a shit and they have baited some of the most level headed Mods and members into dustups by quoting them in a disrespectful manner. Not responding to an attack. But instigating or attempting to do as such. Disrespect right from the get go.
    Last edited by MF5150; 09.23.21 at 02:51 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    A liberal utopia fantasyland? I think the 2nd amendment means the people should have the same armaments the government can have. Abolish minimum wage. Cut spending massively. Abolish the income tax or make it a flat tax or VAT. A business should be able to refuse business for any reason and hire/fire for any reason. No universal health care (conversely, people should pay for more of the OWN health care). 100% school choice. Can choose to not be in a union. The Paris Climate Accord is a terrible, terrible deal. I could go on.

These are the reasons Brook and I were sympatico in this section during the Obama administration.

I don't think more legal immigration is a liberal utopia. In fact, Bernie Sanders, of all the 2016 candidates, agreed the most with Trump on immigration. He calls looser restrictions at the border a right-wing, Koch brothers proposal, and he is correct.

More legal immigration is more in line with what the founders believed, what the Constitution says, and respects the rights of Americans more than restrictionism. Freedom of association of Americans, property rights of Americans, freedom of contract of Americans are all reasons why there should be fewer restrictions at the border IMO. It violates more rights of Americans than it does those coming here, to be honest.

I'm telling you, man, we'd get a long better if you took a second to truly understand where I am coming from and didn't just assume that if I am not in line with today's GOP on an issue, that I'm a liberal.

For example: Reagan is the Godfather of free trade. He also hated the idea of a border wall and said, ""Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don't we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and then, while they're working and earning here, they'd pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back."

So are Reagan and I living in a liberal utopia fantasyland? I think it is more complicated than that and, at heart, you might find we are allies on most things, even if I think that means a different outcome.

Yeah, I know this section is going away, which is precisely why I posted what I did. And honestly one of the reasons this section is the way it is is exactly what just happened. Not unusual behavior where I am the subject and I finally respond to it in kind, except AT that person and I'm the one who gets told to stop. I get it, I work at a school, the kid who punches back gets in just as much trouble as the kid who throws the first punch, but other than Mike telling people to settle down, ultimately you get even me to break and be an asshole if that happens enough.

However, if you look above, you will notice that I will always extend an olive branch, and have done so.
    Politics are a bad thing now man. That and religion(or lack of) bring out the worst in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I donít think anybody said anything about sides, affiliations or groups.

But since you did, I imagine you know whoís being referred to. And there is zero doubt that it has been both sides during the course of this forumís existence. I know because Iím fairly certain Iíve come close to getting banned here for my past behaviour.

Look, a large % of people who have posted in here since Feb-Apr or since the Guidelines have been instituted have been respectful.

There are then a few people who havent seemed to give a shit and they have baited some of the most level headed Mods and members into dustups by quoting them in a disrespectful manner. Not responding to an attack. But instigating or attempting to do as such. Disrespect right from the get go.
    Mitch the issue is when it trickles over to other parts of the board and the animosity of the political thread jades people against each other.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Mitch the issue is when it trickles over to other parts of the board and the animosity of the political thread jades people against each other.

Nobodyís disputing that.

Itís usually the same people.

Last edited by MF5150; 09.23.21 at 03:41 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Nobodyís disputing that.

Itís usually the same people.

Usually. Hey Iím guilty from time to time. Kinda think a fair amount of us are.

So ditch the shit and keep a harmonious vibe.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

So ditch the shit and keep a harmonious vibe.
    No argument from me there.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:48 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I don’t think anybody said anything about sides, affiliations or groups.

But since you did, I imagine you know who’s being referred to. And there is zero doubt that it has been both sides during the course of this forum’s existence. I know because I’m fairly certain I’ve come close to getting banned here for my past behaviour.

I was just pointing it out.

Not to anybody specifically. I am just saying that everybody does it. There are bullies everywhere. For instance I realize that you and I are vastly different politically but in the VH and guitar circles we are alike. Not going to let your political views impact that. l. I come here for Van Halen and while i am more likely to post here because not much will ever go on in VH,

My only issue with anything is when people are demonized for what they believe. What they think. I can disagree witih a person on that but I should respect them if they are being respectufl. Obviously I am human and prone to being a dick at times too. Like others

However onto the topic, this Administration to me seems very inept in about everything they do. Banning the use of horses to help people patrol the border because somebody thinks they are whipping hatians. Kamala had one job since she has been in here. Handle the border. Obvioiusly she hasn't and now they are taking tools away from the people who are trying to do their job. I just shake my head every day at this admin. I just don't see the love. I disagreed with Obama however I had confidence that they were making decisions for the betterment of the country. Despite Kerry being in it, I assumed when push came to shove, they were competent. Even with Trump being an ass on the surface, to me it seemed like something was being done with the purpose of helping America. This guy and his staff give me no indication of that.

Outside of the distribution of the vaccine, I really have not seen one tangible piece of evidence that this guy and his admin have done something positive for the United States.

9. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Give him time. It hasn't even been a year.

Pretty fucked almost year though.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    For instance I realize that you and I are vastly different politically but in the VH and guitar circles we are alike. Not going to let your political views impact that. l. I come here for Van Halen and while i am more likely to post here because not much will ever go on in VH,
    We are on the same page with respect to this. 100%.

12. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Politics are a bad thing now man. That and religion(or lack of) bring out the worst in people.

For as long as I can remember, politics and religion have been the two subjects you shouldn't discuss with your friends, if you want to remain friends.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 03:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

Yup and thats all we do now in cyber space
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Yup and thats all we do now in cyber space
    The next time someone convinces someone else to change their political or religious views via arguing will likely be the first.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

17. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER, edwardv Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Group hug!

19. wombattt Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

21. MF5150 Liked This Post