THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY - Page 1164
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,134
Page 1164 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 1646641064111411541161116211631164116511661167 ... LastLast
Results 17,446 to 17,460 of 17595
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 07:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Joe Biden claims he has ‘executive privilege’ against anyone finding out just how addled he is

James Bovard

May 16, 2024

The Biden White House is proclaiming a new prerogative for presidents: They may suppress any evidence of their unfitness for office.

The battle over five hours of audio tapes could settle President Biden’s fate or pave the way for perpetual presidential secrecy in coming years.

In August 2022, Biden’s FBI launched a massive, heavily-publicized raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago headquarters to seize classified documents that the former president allegedly illegally possessed.

After classified documents were also discovered in several of President Biden’s homes and offices, Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Special Counsel Robert Hur to investigate.

Hur interviewed Biden last October and released a report in January stating that the president had knowingly violated federal law.

But Hur recommended no prosecution because jurors would see Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory.”

The White House vehemently attacked Hur for that statement yet refused to disclose the audio files that could settle the controversy.

Three months ago, the official White House spokesman for oversight and obstruction — Ian “Baghdad Bob” Sams — boasted that Biden never asserted executive privilege during the Hur investigation because he “was transparent and he had nothing to hide.” Except for his mumbling and maundering?

Last month, the Justice Department claimed that disclosing those audio tapes would be a “clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.”

But Biden was not conscripted into the presidency and no one forced him to illegally retain classified documents scattered over sites in multiple states.

Congressional Republicans threatened to hold Attorney General Merrick Garland in contempt for refusing to disclose the audio tapes.

The White House on Thursday formally invoked executive privilege to block access to the tapes.

Biden is playing a “Get Out of Democracy Free” card.

Bad motives by Republicans justify the coverup, White House counsel Ed Siskel claims.

Siskel says that the GOP had “no legitimate need for the audio recordings” — as if everyone is obliged to take the White House’s word that Biden is the smartest man in Washington.

Siskel asserted that if Republicans received the audio files, they would “chop them up, distort them, and use them for partisan political purposes” and “manipulate them for potential political gain is inappropriate.”

“Chopped?!?” Will Biden’s Brain Trust propose revising the First Amendment to prohibit any editing of politicians’ statements?

Does Siskel believe that the Biden re-election campaign deserves veto power over any outtake from the president?

The controversy is exposing Washingtonians’ self-worship. When a reporter asked Garland on Thursday morning why he asked Biden to declare executive privilege, Garland pompously responded, “The Justice Department is a fundamental institution of our democracy . . . I will protect this building and its people.”

Did Garland forget that his oath of office touted the Constitution, not 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

For the White House, the issue is not whether Biden is capable of fulfilling the heavy duties of his job.

Instead, the issue is that the American people are unfit to judge the president’s verbal pratfalls and incoherence.

Instead of a bizarre executive privilege claim, the White House should have invoked the Americans with Disabilities Act and threatened to sue any voter for illegal prejudice against the mentally handicapped.

Are Americans heading for another “Alice in Wonderland” election — votes first, evidence later?

Will the Biden-Hur tapes become the 2024 equivalent of the coverup of Hunter Biden’s laptop in the 2020 election?

Will there be any number on Cynics Bingo Card that won’t be covered by Election Day?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/16/opinio...-addled-he-is/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

He's basically admitting he's senile.

Baluchitherium

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Elite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

What happened to the PRA actually meaning that the President has "unconstrained authority" to declare whatever he wants to be a personal record so he can take it home or even destroy it if he wants?

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    We all know that. Well, except for some that are living in delusional world.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Biden Rejects More Trump Debates: ‘No More Games’

17 May 2024

President Joe Biden on Friday rejected participation in more debates, which former President Donald Trump said Biden agreed to attend.

NBC News and Telemundo would have hosted the first presidential event, NBC News confirmed, while Fox News at Virginia State University would have hosted a vice presidential debate at a historically black college.

Trump announced the now-defunct agreement Friday. “I have accepted a fourth Presidential Debate against Crooked Joe Biden, this time with NBC & Telemundo,” Trump said:

"It is important as Republicans that we WIN with our Great Hispanic Community, who Biden has devastated with Crippling Inflation, High Gas Prices, Crime in our Streets, and Border Chaos. This Fourth Debate will go along with our previously accepted Presidential Debates on CNN, ABC, and Fox. This is all in addition to our accepting an invitation from Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum of Fox News to host the Vice Presidential Debate at Virginia State University, or another venue, in Virginia, to be named later. These are the Debates that Voters have been asking for, and these are the Debates that Voters will get!"

Biden quickly rejected the debates.
    “The debate about debates is over,” a Biden campaign official told NBC News. “No more games.”

Biden preferred CNN to host at least one presidential debate, he said Wednesday. The Biden campaign said the president would debate Trump only in June and September, without live audiences present. CNN’s Jake Tapper and Dana Bash will co-host the first event.

Trump accepted Biden’s invitation and urged the president to debate him earlier and more often.

“I’m ready to go…The dates that they proposed are fine…Let’s see if Joe can make it to the stand-up podium,” Trump reportedly told Fox News Digital. “The proposed June and early September dates are fully acceptable to me. I will provide my own transportation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-elect...no-more-games/

LOL

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Without live audiences is an interesting choice. Trump loves playing off the crowd but no crowd means more focus on the people on stage, which I prefer

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I'm cool with no audience. Trump gonna Trump anyway. If I'm Dana Bash or Tapper, I'd be real cool about jumping down his throat. We know those guys hate him but that just goes to show who he is. He ain't afraid of fake media.

8. VH122 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 05:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    A quarter of the students at hbcu's aren't black.

Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk
    Exactly. My son got a football offer from a HBCU, and he looks like a Viking.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    What happened to the PRA actually meaning that the President has "unconstrained authority" to declare whatever he wants to be a personal record so he can take it home or even destroy it if he wants?
    That only applies when Trump is the ex POTUS, it does not apply when Biden is the current POTUS.

C'mon LM, keep up.

That's my cynical answer. My hopeful answer is that people have learned what the PRA actually does and what the limits of their authority truly are.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

11. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:

So, the Justice Department has listened to the tapes as part of the investigation, I am reading that correctly, right?

Therefore, Republicans are upset that the Justice Department hasn't released the tapes publicly?

Well yeah, I wouldn't want them to release them unless there is some urgent need.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I KNEW they would. God, please get rid of this administration come November.

‘A new low’: Biden admin eviscerated for response to 'Butcher of Tehran' Raisi's death

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...n-raisis-death

14. edwardv Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Supremely-Liked25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

To be able to recognize that is impressive for a senile person.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is, Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 02:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

I just want us to stand up to them. America used to have big balls.

A little FAFO
    You mean like when Trump stood up to Putin in Helsinki?
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    You mean like when Trump stood up to Putin in Helsinki?
    Stfu dude. Not everything requires a Trump counterpoint. Take what I said on its own. It takes discipline to do that, but try. I don't wanna use the R word out of respect for Squalen, but some of you push it.

18. bklynboy68, BREW CREW Liked This Post
    IT'S 5150 TIME!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 08:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

God, I hate these two candidates and the extremes of both parties.
    <VH>

"I'm not like this because I'm in Van Halen. I'm in Van Halen because I'm like this."

20. edwardv, Mama's Fool Liked This Post