THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY - Page 203
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,136
Page 203 of 241 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3603
  1. #3031
    Hot For Teacher
    TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    14,361
    Posts Per Day
    2.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    189
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    1428


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The funny thing is that America is very good at controlling legal tourists coming into the country. Whenever I fly to the states I need to give everything but a damn blood sample to get in the country (and I'm a Canadian who doesn't have a parking ticket on his record). I remember when I went to Vegas years ago and my mother-in-law was with us, they questioned the poor woman forever. Took her fingerprints, did some eye scan thing. I badly wanted to tell the agent that perhaps spending this much time on the 70+-year-old grandmother flying with her family isn't the best use of his time but I wanted to actually get on the plane.
    While the turban wearing, duffle bag holding middle easterners walk right on by. Can't offend.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  2. #3032
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,204
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    2392
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    While the turban wearing, duffle bag holding middle easterners walk right on by. Can't offend.
    Funny you say that, i remember telling my brother later that maybe these assholes should maybe spend more time on the young Egyptian gentleman travelling alone and a little less time with the 72 year old grandmother traveling with her family. But what do i know?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  3. #3033
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    55,781
    Posts Per Day
    9.35
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1006
    Likes (Received)
    4327
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    I've said this before, but my wife gets pulled all the time.

    You know, the 120lb blue eyed blonde with four kids in tow is a threat to blow up the airplane. The cynic in me thinks the security guys just want to cop a feel for free.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  4. #3034
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,204
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    2392
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I've said this before, but my wife gets pulled all the time.

    You know, the 120lb blue eyed blonde with four kids in tow is a threat to blow up the airplane. The cynic in me thinks the security guys just want to cop a feel for free.
    Probably not wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  5. #3035
    Hot For Teacher
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,106
    Posts Per Day
    1.96
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1897
    Likes (Received)
    1916
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I've said this before, but my wife gets pulled all the time.

    You know, the 120lb blue eyed blonde with four kids in tow is a threat to blow up the airplane. The cynic in me thinks the security guys just want to cop a feel for free.
    Probably some truth to that. I remember traveling with my wife (then girlfriend) going through airport security before boarding. The guy in front of us--"tanned" complexion, beard--goes on through. My 5'5" wife gets stopped. Then my 6'1" self gets waved on through. We had a chuckle over it, but this was only a couple years after 9/11. Profiling was a little more accepted then. lol

  6. #3036
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    It's security theater. In audits, private, non-TSA security has done a better job finding suspicious items than TSA. We're still taking off our shoes, yet we know they're looking at surgically implanting bombs.

  7. #3037
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    41
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    20,206
    Posts Per Day
    4.18
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    92
    Likes (Received)
    1493
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Probably some truth to that. I remember traveling with my wife (then girlfriend) going through airport security before boarding. The guy in front of us--"tanned" complexion, beard--goes on through. My 5'5" wife gets stopped. Then my 6'1" self gets waved on through. We had a chuckle over it, but this was only a couple years after 9/11. Profiling was a little more accepted then. lol
    Wait until the next terrorist attack happens. It’ll go right back.

    An apology is safer than not doing anything at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. MF5150 Liked This Post
  9. #3038
    Eruption

    Join Date
    01.06.02
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    263
    Posts Per Day
    0.04
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    166
    Likes (Received)
    50
    Thanks (Given)
    24
    Thanks (Received)
    48

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtablePadawan Praiser

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Funny you say that, i remember telling my brother later that maybe these assholes should maybe spend more time on the young Egyptian gentleman travelling alone and a little less time with the 72 year old grandmother traveling with her family. But what do i know?

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Maybe they want to cop a feel of grammy...

  10. #3039
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,204
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    2392
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mama's Fool View Post
    Maybe they want to cop a feel of grammy...
    She would have whipped this ass. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  11. #3040
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    On the campaign trail, Biden said no more border wall. He put a 60-day moratorium on building to see what did or did not need to be done, and that went by without a clear indication of what came next. In Texas:

    A federal judge confirmed yesterday that a Texas family will have their land immediately seized by eminent domain for a U.S.-Mexico border wall—the very type of confiscation that President Joe Biden expressly promised he would put a stop to.

    "We are utterly devastated," said Baudilia Cavazos, whose family owns land in Hidalgo County, Texas. "We thought President Joe Biden would protect us. Now we've lost our land. We don't even know what comes next."

    The Cavazos clan has fended off similar attempts at confiscation for years. When former President Donald Trump took office, his administration sought to claim about 7 acres and divide their land—which they rent to various tenants—in two. A huge chunk of their property would thus be nearly inaccessible to prospective customers, paralyzing their business.

    "I retired five years ago—I taught for 40 years," Eloisa Cavazos told Reason in 2018. "This is my income that I use for my retirement.

    The Biden administration could well have stopped yesterday's ruling, handed down by Alvarez in McAllen, Texas. . . ."There will not be another foot of wall constructed in my administration," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro in August of last year. And the land seizures? "End, end, end, stop, done, over. Not gonna do it. Withdraw the lawsuits. We're out."

    He did not, in fact, withdraw the lawsuits . . .

  12. #3041
    Eruption

    Join Date
    03.05.20
    Posts
    205
    Posts Per Day
    0.47
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    117
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Achievements:
    250 VHL Life PointsRookieWell-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    On the campaign trail, Biden said no more border wall. He put a 60-day moratorium on building to see what did or did not need to be done, and that went by without a clear indication of what came next. In Texas:

    A federal judge confirmed yesterday that a Texas family will have their land immediately seized by eminent domain for a U.S.-Mexico border wall—the very type of confiscation that President Joe Biden expressly promised he would put a stop to.

    "We are utterly devastated," said Baudilia Cavazos, whose family owns land in Hidalgo County, Texas. "We thought President Joe Biden would protect us. Now we've lost our land. We don't even know what comes next."

    The Cavazos clan has fended off similar attempts at confiscation for years. When former President Donald Trump took office, his administration sought to claim about 7 acres and divide their land—which they rent to various tenants—in two. A huge chunk of their property would thus be nearly inaccessible to prospective customers, paralyzing their business.

    "I retired five years ago—I taught for 40 years," Eloisa Cavazos told Reason in 2018. "This is my income that I use for my retirement.

    The Biden administration could well have stopped yesterday's ruling, handed down by Alvarez in McAllen, Texas. . . ."There will not be another foot of wall constructed in my administration," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro in August of last year. And the land seizures? "End, end, end, stop, done, over. Not gonna do it. Withdraw the lawsuits. We're out."

    He did not, in fact, withdraw the lawsuits . . .
    They are playing with fire. It's obvious this is all political but having our border secure is a big deal to most American's. This is only going to get worse unless they start building that f**king wall again. Will they, no. It's political they don't want to acknowledge that Trump was right about something and they want the votes from the illegals. Such incompetence and Harris doesn't give a sh*t.

  13. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  14. #3042
    dis·grun·tled
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    50,227
    Posts Per Day
    9.42
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    683
    Likes (Received)
    2249
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default


  15. #3043
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VHrox12 View Post
    They are playing with fire. It's obvious this is all political but having our border secure is a big deal to most American's. This is only going to get worse unless they start building that f**king wall again. Will they, no. It's political they don't want to acknowledge that Trump was right about something and they want the votes from the illegals. Such incompetence and Harris doesn't give a sh*t.
    Prior to endorsing Trump, border patrol didn’t want walls. They wanted only 23 more miles of wall. The rest was drones, better radios, etc. (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN0XP28J)

    Lots of ways we can secure the border that would be more effective (and less costly) than a wall.

    The worst part of this story is the people who were forced to give up their property.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #3044
    Runnin' With The Devil
    MD 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.20
    Posts
    1,628
    Posts Per Day
    7.78
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1936
    Likes (Received)
    551
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Prior to endorsing Trump, border patrol didn’t want walls. They wanted only 23 more miles of wall. The rest was drones, better radios, etc. (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN0XP28J)

    Lots of ways we can secure the border that would be more effective (and less costly) than a wall.

    The worst part of this story is the people who were forced to give up their property.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dems talked a lot about using tech on the border. I have yet heard anything from them since having full power.

  17. #3045
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Dems talked a lot about using tech on the border. I have yet heard anything from them since having full power.
    Neither party is good on the border, nor eminent domain, IMO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
    By The Rover in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 67126
    Last Post: Today, 05:31 PM
  2. 23 of the most wacky Biden being Biden in 2013
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.19.21, 12:56 AM
  3. Deficit Shrinks To Lowest Level Of Obama Presidency
    By Hot Sauce in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01.27.15, 03:18 PM
  4. Herman Cain Hopes Gas Prices Increase To Help Romney Win Presidency
    By rocknblues81 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.09.12, 08:58 PM
  5. That V.P. Guy Joe Biden.
    By Hurricane Halen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07.10.09, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •