Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 02:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    In reply to some earlier posts...

The Paris Climate Agreement is more than symbolic. The world cannot effectively address the impending crisis of climate change without U.S. participation and leadership. The U.S. emits more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than any other nation except China. It is incumbent on the most powerful nation in the world to lead this cause by example and it can do so in a way that will render real results.
    But it is only symbolic in that it has no teeth. Also, the European Union and the US have had declining emissions for more than a decade and it's sure to continue this year with the economic impacts from Covid. As much as Trump leaving the Accord was symbolic, so was Biden re-entering it. China and India stayed on and their emissions have either stayed the same or increased depending on the source.

Here's an example

The Keystone XL Pipeline and oil and gas developments at wildlife monuments are environmental hazards. Jobs lost in the fossil fuel industry can be absorbed into new jobs in the renewable energy industry. Remember, there are no jobs if we have an unhospitable or uninhabitable environment. We must also, as a human species, seek to protect wildlife from the ravages of humankind.
    Everything we do is an environmental hazard. All of this infrastructure spending they keep talking about is really going to hurt some wildlife as well and the Keystone Pipeline was certainly not going to make our environment inhospitable. As I mentioned before, doing this and killing jobs while at the same time pushing for a giant economic relief package is idiotic. You can still have the pipeline and support cleaner alternatives.

I get it though, it gives people the warm and fuzzies, and that's all either side tries to do with legislation and policy anyway. It checks a box for fulfilling a campaign promise, and other than the 8-10,000 people that are directly impacted by losing their job, it makes a bunch of people feel good because it saves the potential loss of some animals and will no longer disrupt the migratory pattern of the Eastern White Snooted Turtle or some such. Plus you get the added bonus of sticking it to some oil people who will now make slightly less money than they were before.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

It makes the uninformed sleep better in their beds at night, in their houses kept warm with natural gas.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

3. bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Took all of one day.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...udes-west-bank

Could easily be an honest mistake...but I doubt it. And yeah, on it's own it really doesn't mean much, but I find it to be symbolic.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I thought the use of purple was to suggest unity between Red and Blue.
    Yep. And everybody got the email except Bernie.

God! if the Trumps would have done that there would be grape and eggplant jokes and memes for weeks on end... "someone spilled grape juice on the nations capitals beautiful carpet", etc., etc. ... but instead... the Bidens are the fashionista's of the new world order. clap-clap-clap!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 08:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

If they had a real workable plan to not need the oil then I'd have no issue with it. But you can't ban fracking, then ban drilling in the arctic (which seems sensible), then kill Keystone and think you're gonna make up for that energy by wishing for it. As far as saving the environment, well this just starts other pipeline talk. Canada stalled our gas pipeline to serve the chinese market. It's been stalled forever. Climate win, right? Nope, Russia just built one. Wonder who has better environmental policies, us or Russia?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

7. MD 5150, KS 5150, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I unfortunately do believe that if Melania had won the exact same outfit in 2017 as either Michelle or Kamala wore yesterday, the press would have torn her a new one.

Maybe overly cynical...but I don't think so.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

03.03.21 @ 07:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

So it's really no big deal that antifa.com redirects you to whitehouse.gov? Imagine if a right wing extremist group redirected you to the same site 1 week ago.
    Okay then, I guess it really doesn't matter then.

On another note, does anyone know to pick up some of this unity stuff that is supposed to heal America? Is it a tangible thing, like a live laugh love sign you hang on your wall? Is it a room spray or maybe a bumper sticker.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 08:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I thought the use of purple was to suggest unity between Red and Blue.
    Maybe it was nod to Marie from Breaking Bad ...

https://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-...e-clothes-why/
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

11. jimmy812, Daisy Hill, KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Today @ 03:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    In reply to some earlier posts...

The Paris Climate Agreement is more than symbolic. The world cannot effectively address the impending crisis of climate change without U.S. participation and leadership. The U.S. emits more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than any other nation except China. It is incumbent on the most powerful nation in the world to lead this cause by example and it can do so in a way that will render real results.

The Keystone XL Pipeline and oil and gas developments at wildlife monuments are environmental hazards. Jobs lost in the fossil fuel industry can be absorbed into new jobs in the renewable energy industry. Remember, there are no jobs if we have an unhospitable or uninhabitable environment. We must also, as a human species, seek to protect wildlife from the ravages of humankind.

Ending construction on the border wall and lifting the “Muslim travel ban” are rational and humanitarian acts. So is protecting Dreamers and giving them a path to citizenship.

A mask mandate on federal property is a no-brainer, and those who refuse to wear masks are not using their brains.

These Executive Orders and future legislation will focus on people, the climate, and the environment, and that's a good thing.
    I'm going to push back on this a little bit. From where I am (Alberta), the economy is very oil and fossil fuel-driven. Not ideal, but realistically it will be a primary source of energy for years to come, like it or not. We aren't moving wholeheartedly to all-electric and/or renewable anytime soon. Down the road I'm sure we will. Efforts to diversify our economy here is on a slow pace. What our province has been doing, in the absence of the Keystone pipeline, is using rail to ship oil to the Canadian coasts. There was a train derailment in Lac-Megantic, QC, not too long ago, when a train transporting crude oil went off the rails in the centre of that town, killing 47 people and destroying 30 buildings after a massive explosion. In total, 115 businesses were destroyed, displaced, or rendered inaccessible. The surrounding land was heavily contaminated with benzene and a nearly river was contaminated with approximately 100,000 litres of crude oil. Is that safer and kinder to the surrounding wildlife and habitat than a pipeline? Something to seriously consider, imho.
    Last edited by KS 5150; 01.21.21 at 02:54 PM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

13. BlindtotheWorld, MD 5150, MF5150, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 05:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    So it's really no big deal that antifa.com redirects you to whitehouse.gov? Imagine if a right wing extremist group redirected you to the same site 1 week ago.

On another note, does anyone know to pick up some of this unity stuff that is supposed to heal America? Is it a tangible thing, like a live laugh love sign you hang on your wall? Is it a room spray or maybe a bumper sticker.

It is not a big deal
    It used to redirect to the Biden campaign website. It's just someone trying to fuck with your head. Somebody snatched up that website name and were able to do so because antifa was a movement not an organization so there was no one "in charge" to do such a thing. It's just part of a misinformation campaign. Don't fall for it.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post

I think that domain was bought by someone on the right and they previously directed it to Biden's campaign website. It's just trolling, really.

As for the unity thing, it's basically a "agree with us or we can't be friends" type thing.

Kind of like this fun stuff in the Senate:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ibuster-460967

McConnell wants Democrats to commit to keeping the legislative 60 vote filibuster rule but the Democrats say they don't want to commit to it. They "don't plan on gutting it"...yet...but say they don't want to commit to keeping it either so they can use it as a negotiating tool. Lol. So basically, we're going to keep the 60 vote threshold until you decide to filibuster something and then we'll change the rule.

16. sickman Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    I'm going to push back on this a little bit. From where I am (Alberta), the economy is very oil and fossil fuel-driven. Not perfect, but realistically it will be a primary source of energy for years to come, like it or not. We aren't moving to all-electric and/or renewable anytime soon. Down the road I'm sure we will. Efforts to diversify our economy here is on a slow pace. What our province has been doing, in the absence of the Keystone pipeline, is using rail to ship oil to the Canadian coasts. There was a train derailment in Lac-Megantic, QC, not too long ago, when a train transporting crude oil went off the rails in the centre of that town, killing 47 people and destroying 30 buildings after a massive explosion. In total, 115 businesses were destroyed, displaced, or rendered inaccessible. The surrounding land was heavily contaminated with benzene and a nearly river was contaminated with approximately 100,000 litres of crude oil. Is that safer and kinder to the surrounding wildlife and habitat than a pipeline? Something to seriously consider, imho.
    I was actually going to point this out in my response as well, but decided against it to keep my response more concise. You're absolutely right, though. To the communities and the people impacted it's not like they are putting up wind turbines instead. Those people are simply out of a job. Now, you can make the argument that the lack of the resource will force green energy to take it's place (specious, but let's roll with it) and that in aggregate the same number of jobs (or similar) will be created to fill in the gap. What we've seen over the last 20 years is that hasn't taken place, but maybe it will this time.

Still, even if it did, it's small consolation if someone comes by your place of work and says "Sorry Bill, today's your last day. We have to sacrifice your job to make a symbolic gesture on saving the planet. Give my regards to the wife and kids, would ya?"

That being said, I don't think we should be basing our economic policy on those types of things. We would be paralyzed and unable to enact anything if we stopped changing something because it impacts someone negatively somewhere. The point is that we shouldn't just cast aside those concerns and view it as a net neutral impact, because it isn't. It's definitely part of the equation.

18. fudd Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

03.03.21 @ 07:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It is not a big deal
    It used to redirect to the Biden campaign website. It's just someone trying to fuck with your head. Somebody snatched up that website name and were able to do so because antifa was a movement not an organization so there was no one "in charge" to do such a thing. It's just part of a misinformation campaign. Don't fall for it.
    Not sure I buy that it's owned by some right-winger. I get that Joe or his campaign has no way of stopping this but I guess it makes it pretty clear who Antifa holds it's allegiance to not to mention shows that they are the posers we all know them to be.

The domain lapsed. It was renewed April 24, 2002, according to domain registration databases Whois.net and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers Lookup. It was never made into an active website.

On Nov. 21, 2008, the domain was offered for $14,410 and remained on sale until May 6, 2017, at which point, a blank page replaced the sale offer. The blank page persisted until another "domain for sale" notice appeared Aug. 10, 2019.

The website was probably bought before or around May 31. Twitter user The Rude Pundit noticed the domain's sale price was nearly $37,000.

"We Are Antifa: Join Us & Take Action Antifa.com," declares text at the top of the home page. Hashtags sympathetic to George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement are also visible. Below, a symbol used by the original anti-fascist group, Antifaschistische Aktion, founded by the Communist Party of Germany in 1932, appears in red, black and white.

Days later, more information was added in an extensive paragraph rebutting President Donald Trump's tweet May 31 vowing to designate "ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization." For a brief time, the website redirected to a YouTube channel before announcing June 25 that an updated website was coming soon.

Traffic redirecting to JoeBiden.com began around Aug. 8 before stopping Aug. 13.

On Aug. 16, the domain resumed but forwarded instead to a website called "It's Going Down."

On Aug. 21, traffic redirected to KamalaHarris.org, which was being forwarded to JoeBiden.com. On Aug. 22, it went back to "It's Going Down"; and on Aug. 28, it returned to KamalaHarris.org before settling on JoeBiden.com on Aug. 31.

Antifa.com has been registered through NameCheap, a Phoenix-based domain registrar – a company that manages internet domain names, as well as IP address assignments for those domains – since April 2002.

Redirecting a domain to any website is not hard to do. According to Mashable writer Matt Binder, all it requires is "that you type in the URL you want your domain to redirect to in your registrar’s administration panel."

Since NameCheap offers a privacy protection service to its clients, it is impossible to know who exactly owns the domain and set the redirection. USA TODAY was unable to reach NameCheap CEO Richard Kirkendall for comment.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 03:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I would think even many Dems must admit that the media bias is a bit absurd. Remember four years ago, the headlines were all about people are angry and scared, women are angry and scared, and no one showed up at Trump's inauguration. Compare that to complete sugary, love fest on newspaper headlines today. My local newspaper headline had the biggest font banner I can ever remembering seeing....maybe since 9/11? Let's act like 74 million people were actually 7.4 million people.

RIP EVH 1955-2020

21. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Today @ 12:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    I would think even many Dems must admit that the media bias is a bit absurd. Remember four years ago, the headlines were all about people are angry and scared, women are angry and scared, and no one showed up at Trump's inauguration. Compare that to complete sugary, love fest on newspaper headlines today. My local newspaper headline had the biggest font banner I can ever remembering seeing....maybe since 9/11? Let's act like 74 million people were actually 7.4 million people.

It must be an American media bias that’s been able to infect the World, because the stories and reactions from almost all corners of the globe were that yesterday was a good day for the country; almost like a cleanse.

I think some of the fear and anger of having somebody like Trump become POTUS was completely justified given his track record as a failed businessman and private citizen in the public eye.

Again, he was somebody who many that were close to him or had worked closely with him, at one point, described as being a sociopathic con-man. Somebody who craved absolute power and would demean or slander whoever criticized him.

This was a guy who called a beat reporter acting like somebody else and talking in a different voice, in an effort to prop himself up. That’s sociopathic.

The fear from not just Americans but from those around the World as a result of who America had just Elected was justified,IMO.

And the fact he more or less proved every person who had their doubts about his “fitness” to hold the office, right in the last two months of his Presidency doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.21.21 at 04:30 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

23. VH1986, KS 5150 Liked This Post