THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY - Page 369
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,523
Page 369 of 398 FirstFirst ... 269319359366367368369370371372379 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5969
  1. #5521
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    21,346
    Posts Per Day
    3.18
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    545
    Likes (Received)
    1425
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yep. I actually know a guy from work who just became a citizen the first week of this month, and another guy who's lawyer has told him it will be December for him. Yes, the wait can be years, but it isn't "infinity".

    There is a right way and a wrong way for path to citizenship. Yes, the system, like pretty much EVERYTHING in government needs some fixing, but that doesn't mean we have to let everyone live here just because they want to.
    There are multiple paths, but the answers to two basic questions make a big difference. (I am specifically talking about unskilled people without family, here, because that is mostly the type of immigrant we are talking about in these conversations). Those questions are 1) Do you have family here? and 2) Are you skilled?

    If the answer to the first question is "Yes," and that person is a citizen, if you are immediate family, there is no cap on coming. So even unskilled people who have a spouse here, have a child here, or are the minor child of a parent here, they have immediate access, can quickly get a green card, and even be a citizen in 6-7 years.

    If the answer to the first question is "Yes," and that person is a legal resident, if you are their single adult child, 6-12 years to come legally; married adult child, 7-15 years to come legally; a sibling, 11-22 years to come legally.

    If the answer to the first and second question question is "No," then there is virtually no process to come here legally. There are only 10,000 green cards allotted for you with millions in demand. The average wait time in this line is 130 years. Unless people have started living to age 350, an average wait time of 130 years is virtually infinity to me.

    If the answer to the first question is, "No," but the answer to the second question is "Yes,", if you are a global genius, a millionaire, or a star athlete, your wait is 12-18 months. If not, do you have a college degree in a specialty? Yes? Do you have a job offer? No? There is no legal path. You do have a job offer? Will your employer sponsor you, conduct a search for someone else to do your job and pay tens of thousands of dollars in fees? No, there is no legal path. THey will? You can legally immigrate in 6-10 years. Employer can't wait that long? Will they do the leg work for an H-1B? Yes? You've got a 50/50 shot each year of getting in that way. They aren't willing to do that? There is no legal path.

    Roll your eyes all you want, but it doesn't make you correct.

  2. #5522
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    9,423
    Posts Per Day
    1.75
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    H A I L
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    522
    Likes (Received)
    738
    Thanks (Given)
    1600
    Thanks (Received)
    2177

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

    Default

    Damn!! That's a lot of math!!

    I think I'll repost this:

    From Mitt Romney Twitter

    https://twitter.com/SenatorRomney/st...81254071828486

    "The President's "human infrastructure bill" would allow illegal immigrants to get $300/month, per child, by obtaining a tax ID number once they're here. It's outrageous. I can't think of a more enticing reason to enter our country illegally–at the expense of American tax payers."

    "The Administration's plan to focus solely on the "root causes" of illegal immigration is simply not feasible. We can't eradicate poverty and crime here at home, let alone around the world."


    So much for all of the talk about how illegal immigrants that manage to make it into the US get no welfare benefits.

    The question of whether it is humane or not, is not the question.
    The question is where will it all end?? The US cannot be the welfare backstop for all of the developing nations.
    Last edited by The Rover; 09.22.21 at 02:10 PM.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

  3. #5523
    Baluchitherium
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    28,540
    Posts Per Day
    7.76
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2181
    Likes (Received)
    3375
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Mittens is absolutely right THIS time.

  4. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  5. #5524
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    21,346
    Posts Per Day
    3.18
    Last Online

    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    545
    Likes (Received)
    1425
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Damn!! That's a lot of math!!

    I think I'll repost this:

    From Mitt Romney Twitter

    https://twitter.com/SenatorRomney/st...81254071828486

    "The President's "human infrastructure bill" would allow illegal immigrants to get $300/month, per child, by obtaining a tax ID number once they're here. It's outrageous. I can't think of a more enticing reason to enter our country illegally–at the expense of American tax payers."

    "The Administration's plan to focus solely on the "root causes" of illegal immigration is simply not feasible. We can't eradicate poverty and crime here at home, let alone around the world."

    So much for all of the talk about how illegal immigrants that manage to make it into the US get no welfare benefits.

    The question of whether it is humane or not, is not the question.
    The question is where will it all end?? The US cannot be the welfare backstop for all of the developing nations.
    I don't know of any serious person who isn't pandering for votes and power who thinks that welfare for illegal immigrants is a good idea. The way it is supposed to work is that even as a legal immigrant, there is a waiting period for welfare.

    This is why legendary conservative/classical liberal economist Milton Friedman used to joke that illegal immigration was better than legal because they aren't allowed welfare benefits at all. Just to say it again, it was a joke.

    No, illegal immigrants should not get a basic income and there should be a wait for legal immigrants, too. As it currently stands, that is how it is and how it should be.

    However, I am dubious that this is exactly as Romney portrays it, though I am certainly willing to entertain the idea that he is calling it like it is.

  6. #5525
    Hang 'Em High
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    63
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,536
    Posts Per Day
    2.28
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2786
    Likes (Received)
    1827
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    They might as well negotiate a Louisiana style purchase of Mexico at this point.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  7. #5526
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    9,423
    Posts Per Day
    1.75
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    H A I L
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    522
    Likes (Received)
    738
    Thanks (Given)
    1600
    Thanks (Received)
    2177

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    And there is no fairy tale, sanitized way to get it "under control," and it might seem peaceful when we just think about lawmakers making law and bureaucrats shuffling paperwork, but on the ground it's men with guns or on horseback with whips who must violently stop people who are trying to leave despair and attempt a more fruitful life in the United States.

    If this is the border we want, there is no "under control" unless we just line the border with the military and shoot everyone or tank the US economy.
    What the men on horses did was far from violent. It's not animal cruelty to use a rein on a horse. When UK police on horses, actually trampled a (white woman) Covid protestor, that was illegally outside in a park during their lockdown, and the video went viral, I don't remember our Govt. and MSM clutching their pearls.

    As to enhancing border security, how about seeding the Rio Grande with crocks and piranhas.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

  8. #5527
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    9,423
    Posts Per Day
    1.75
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    H A I L
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    522
    Likes (Received)
    738
    Thanks (Given)
    1600
    Thanks (Received)
    2177

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    They might as well negotiate a Louisiana style purchase of Mexico at this point.
    Mexico still has to pay for that wall. Whether it's on their northern, or on their southern border.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

  9. #5528
    Top Of The World
    MD 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.20
    Posts
    3,540
    Posts Per Day
    9.60
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3621
    Likes (Received)
    1163
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-LikedMaster Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsRookie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Oh no. Studies have shown that illegals detest taking government handouts. Studies have shown 10 to 1 that it's nativists who receive the most benefits.
    I call bullshit on those studies. My wife works for a company that sees many illegals that are getting medical attention for free.

  10. #5529
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,422
    Posts Per Day
    4.29
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    123
    Likes (Received)
    2261
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    'Steel barrier' of HUNDREDS of state trooper SUVs line the border in 'unprecedented' move to stem the tide of Haitian migrants after Biden made mockery of pledge to send them home by RELEASING thousands into America

    The 'steel barrier' is the latest method border officials are utilizing to deal with the surge of thousands of Haitian migrants crossing into the United States

    The vehicles are lined up outside Del Rio in Texas, which has seen an influx of 14,600 migrants who crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the US

    An estimated 8,600 remained and about 1,000 have been deported back to Mexico

    Thousands of Haitian migrants have already been freed into the US on a 'very, very large scale' rather than being flown out on deportation flights as the Biden administration promised

    Attachment 5831

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-scale.html

    That's a fuck-ton of cop cars.
    The could get more coverage if they parked them sideways.


    Just trying to help. Covers more area.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. edwardv Liked This Post
  12. #5530
    Hang 'Em High
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    63
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,536
    Posts Per Day
    2.28
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2786
    Likes (Received)
    1827
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    I call bullshit on those studies. My wife works for a company that sees many illegals that are getting medical attention for free.
    Tell that to millions of retired seniors on Medicare part D who have to pay hundreds if not thousands a month on prescription drug copays.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  13. #5531
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,422
    Posts Per Day
    4.29
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    123
    Likes (Received)
    2261
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    There are multiple paths, but the answers to two basic questions make a big difference. (I am specifically talking about unskilled people without family, here, because that is mostly the type of immigrant we are talking about in these conversations). Those questions are 1) Do you have family here? and 2) Are you skilled?

    If the answer to the first question is "Yes," and that person is a citizen, if you are immediate family, there is no cap on coming. So even unskilled people who have a spouse here, have a child here, or are the minor child of a parent here, they have immediate access, can quickly get a green card, and even be a citizen in 6-7 years.

    If the answer to the first question is "Yes," and that person is a legal resident, if you are their single adult child, 6-12 years to come legally; married adult child, 7-15 years to come legally; a sibling, 11-22 years to come legally.

    If the answer to the first and second question question is "No," then there is virtually no process to come here legally. There are only 10,000 green cards allotted for you with millions in demand. The average wait time in this line is 130 years. Unless people have started living to age 350, an average wait time of 130 years is virtually infinity to me.

    If the answer to the first question is, "No," but the answer to the second question is "Yes,", if you are a global genius, a millionaire, or a star athlete, your wait is 12-18 months. If not, do you have a college degree in a specialty? Yes? Do you have a job offer? No? There is no legal path. You do have a job offer? Will your employer sponsor you, conduct a search for someone else to do your job and pay tens of thousands of dollars in fees? No, there is no legal path. THey will? You can legally immigrate in 6-10 years. Employer can't wait that long? Will they do the leg work for an H-1B? Yes? You've got a 50/50 shot each year of getting in that way. They aren't willing to do that? There is no legal path.

    Roll your eyes all you want, but it doesn't make you correct.
    Dude let me ask you a question, why do you want unskilled people here? Do you understand business?

    If you donít pay workers enough they donít work. If technology hasnít caught up, you pay the workers more. The workers set the market. Kinda like why a plumber gets paid more than a fry cook. If you import low skilled and by all accounts ďrapistsĒ, you fuck the market. Trust me. The strawberry workers you speak of and lettuce butlers, are there. And they are Americans. Powers that be donít want to pay them what the deserve. Yet, let Julio Rodriguez Ernesto Castellon Puga comes and does the job for half of the cost of an American.

    You can cite any stat and any graph you like. But itís simple economics. No farmer is gonna let his crop die and get nothing to save 4 bucks an hour.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  15. #5532
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    9,423
    Posts Per Day
    1.75
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    H A I L
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    522
    Likes (Received)
    738
    Thanks (Given)
    1600
    Thanks (Received)
    2177

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

    Default

    Border Patrol Agents Accused Of Patrolling Border

    https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...826126857?s=20
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

  16. edwardv Liked This Post
  17. #5533
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,422
    Posts Per Day
    4.29
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    123
    Likes (Received)
    2261
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    I call bullshit on those studies. My wife works for a company that sees many illegals that are getting medical attention for free.
    68% of all studies are made up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  19. #5534
    Runnin' With The Devil
    phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.08.99
    Location
    Dayton Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,269
    Posts Per Day
    0.16
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

    10.17.21 @ 08:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    335
    Thanks (Given)
    5
    Thanks (Received)
    40

    Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    68% of all studies are made up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    99 percent of studies have an agenda.

  20. MD 5150 Liked This Post
  21. #5535
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    42
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,422
    Posts Per Day
    4.29
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    123
    Likes (Received)
    2261
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phast View Post
    99 percent of studies have an agenda.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. The Rover, edwardv, Rokgtar, MD 5150 Liked This Post
 

 

Similar Threads

  1. THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
    By The Rover in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 68250
    Last Post: 10.12.21, 02:17 AM
  2. 23 of the most wacky Biden being Biden in 2013
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.19.21, 12:56 AM
  3. Deficit Shrinks To Lowest Level Of Obama Presidency
    By Hot Sauce in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01.27.15, 03:18 PM
  4. Herman Cain Hopes Gas Prices Increase To Help Romney Win Presidency
    By rocknblues81 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.09.12, 08:58 PM
  5. That V.P. Guy Joe Biden.
    By Hurricane Halen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07.10.09, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •