THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY - Page 1143
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,152
Page 1143 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 14364310431093113311401141114211431144114511461153 ... LastLast
Results 17,131 to 17,145 of 17629
  1. #17131
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Imo, forgiving student loans is un American.

    It's probably one of THE most pandering actions I've ever seen in my life. Is student debt REALLY a burden on society? Let's say no more college debt. What will happen to the economy?

    Nothing

    Then what about all the new college debt as we speak?

  2. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
  3. #17132
    Light Up The Sky
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    66
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    24,973
    Posts Per Day
    3.04
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9100
    Likes (Received)
    5620
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Ok since my last post I let the dog out and got the mail. Seems Met Ed is going up another 9.2% again starting June 1st. Bastards want to cut my cola. Fuck them
    Resist!

    Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  4. #17133
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    50
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    58,065
    Posts Per Day
    8.72
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    3009
    Likes (Received)
    7648
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Imo, forgiving student loans is un American.

    It's probably one of THE most pandering actions I've ever seen in my life. Is student debt REALLY a burden on society? Let's say no more college debt. What will happen to the economy?

    Nothing

    Then what about all the new college debt as we speak?
    Forgiving the debts of those who got to go to university and giving those who didn't (or who killed themselves paying for their own education) nothing is a special kind of ridiculous.

    Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk

  5. CaboChris, edwardv, bklynboy68 Liked This Post
  6. #17134
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    53
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    71,924
    Posts Per Day
    10.13
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    06.14.24 @ 05:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    4346
    Likes (Received)
    17206
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Forgiving the debts of those who got to go to university and giving those who didn't (or who killed themselves paying for their own education) nothing is a special kind of ridiculous.

    Sent from my SM-S711W using Tapatalk
    It's really inexcusable.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  7. #17135
    IT'S 5150 TIME!
    VH1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.19
    Posts
    6,201
    Posts Per Day
    3.21
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8040
    Likes (Received)
    3263
    Thanks (Given)
    1665
    Thanks (Received)
    622


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    It's totally American for one group to fuck over another, and life ain't fair.
    <VH>

    "I'm not like this because I'm in Van Halen. I'm in Van Halen because I'm like this."

  8. #17136
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    It's totally American for one group to fuck over another, and life ain't fair.
    Fuck that.

    Don't try to justify that bullshit.

  9. #17137
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Life aint fair when one has a 9.5 in penis and I'm very average. That ain't fair. Especially since I love BBW's.

    Paying off your debt while others get there's forgiven is not how we do business in America. That's some liberal democratic puke bullshit. That's my tax money.

    That's why I'm conservative. I used to scoff at personal responsibility. No more.

  10. #17138
    IT'S 5150 TIME!
    VH1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.19
    Posts
    6,201
    Posts Per Day
    3.21
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8040
    Likes (Received)
    3263
    Thanks (Given)
    1665
    Thanks (Received)
    622


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Life aint fair when one has a 9.5 in penis and I'm very average. That ain't fair. Especially since I love BBW's.

    Paying off your debt while others get there's forgiven is not how we do business in America. That's some liberal democratic puke bullshit. That's my tax money.

    That's why I'm conservative. I used to scoff at personal responsibility. No more.
    My wife keeps telling me average is perfect. I'm going to choose to believe her to boost my own self-esteem.

    I took out loans for graduate school. I worked and went to school and had a young family. After I graduated, I was hired as an adjunct instructor at the local community college that I once attended. I kept my other job and taught night classes for a year. A full-time position in the academic advising office came open, and I applied. I was hired full-time, but I kept teaching night classes for the next two years. By chance, a full-time faculty position came open, and I was fortunate to earn the position. While I make a fairly decent salary now, teaching at a community college in Kentucky was not a path to wealth and glory. I paid on my student loans for 20 years, but in 2023, because of George W. Bush and Joe Biden, I was deemed eligible for forgiveness for the remainder of my balance because of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. I am grateful for the break, and I know a lot of hard working people who were responsible like myself who are grateful.

    My tax dollars have gone to a lot of things with which I disagree, so I can understand the frustration of others who don't like their tax dollars going to things with which they disagree.
    <VH>

    "I'm not like this because I'm in Van Halen. I'm in Van Halen because I'm like this."

  11. #17139
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    My wife keeps telling me average is perfect. I'm going to choose to believe her to boost my own self-esteem.

    I took out loans for graduate school. I worked and went to school and had a young family. After I graduated, I was hired as an adjunct instructor at the local community college that I once attended. I kept my other job and taught night classes for a year. A full-time position in the academic advising office came open, and I applied. I was hired full-time, but I kept teaching night classes for the next two years. By chance, a full-time faculty position came open, and I was fortunate to earn the position. While I make a fairly decent salary now, teaching at a community college in Kentucky was not a path to wealth and glory. I paid on my student loans for 20 years, but in 2023, because of George W. Bush and Joe Biden, I was deemed eligible for forgiveness for the remainder of my balance because of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. I am grateful for the break, and I know a lot of hard working people who were responsible like myself who are grateful.

    My tax dollars have gone to a lot of things with which I disagree, so I can understand the frustration of others who don't like their tax dollars going to things with which they disagree.
    Hmm...

    I just ate a large double quarter pounder Mickey D's meal with bacon so I'm happy. Like a busted nut happy. It was all fresh and delicious. Nobody can beat Mickey D's.

    Having said that, we're gonna agree to disagree because you weren't entitled morally to take my money. The government played favorites. With all due respect, idc if you have a family. That was your decision, not mine. I get NO FUCKING breaks in my country for being a single non married no kids guy. I cause the LEAST drain on my country and I get shafted.

    Remember that.

  12. #17140
    IT'S 5150 TIME!
    VH1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.19
    Posts
    6,201
    Posts Per Day
    3.21
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8040
    Likes (Received)
    3263
    Thanks (Given)
    1665
    Thanks (Received)
    622


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Hmm...

    I just ate a large double quarter pounder Mickey D's meal with bacon so I'm happy. Like a busted nut happy. It was all fresh and delicious. Nobody can beat Mickey D's.

    Having said that, we're gonna agree to disagree because you weren't entitled morally to take my money. The government played favorites. With all due respect, idc if you have a family. That was your decision, not mine. I get NO FUCKING breaks in my country for being a single non married no kids guy. I cause the LEAST drain on my country and I get shafted.

    Remember that.
    That meal sounds pretty tasty. Sounds like it hit a bliss point.

    I never said I was entitled to your money. It's their game, I just played it. Right? Your boy fucks over tax payers all the time.

    IDC that you chose to stay single in a country that clearly rewards the wedded with children. Don't want to get fucked by the taxman, get yourself a wife and a few kids and get the tax break. It goes both ways.
    <VH>

    "I'm not like this because I'm in Van Halen. I'm in Van Halen because I'm like this."

  13. #17141
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    That meal sounds pretty tasty. Sounds like it hit a bliss point.

    I never said I was entitled to your money. It's their game, I just played it. Right? Your boy fucks over tax payers all the time.

    IDC that you chose to stay single in a country that clearly rewards the wedded with children. Don't want to get fucked by the taxman, get yourself a wife and a few kids and get the tax break. It goes both ways.
    No, it doesn't go borh ways.

    You have a moral obligation to pay back your debts. Render to Ceasar what it Ceasars and render to God what is his.

    You took advantage of a situation. That's ok. Doesn't make it right.

    I'm not having kids because I'm a kid. I'm not surrendering my life.

  14. #17142
    IT'S 5150 TIME!
    VH1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.19
    Posts
    6,201
    Posts Per Day
    3.21
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    8040
    Likes (Received)
    3263
    Thanks (Given)
    1665
    Thanks (Received)
    622


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No, it doesn't go borh ways.

    You have a moral obligation to pay back your debts. Render to Ceasar what it Ceasars and render to God what is his.

    You took advantage of a situation. That's ok. Doesn't make it right.

    I'm not having kids because I'm a kid. I'm not surrendering my life.
    I say fuck Caesar. God and I can settle up down the road. He owes me an apology, at the very least.

    You are a grown man, Chris. I'm sure you do childish things like the rest of us, but you're an adult who takes on the challenges of the adult world everyday.

    As for not surrendering your life to a kid, well, I'll let you think about the irony of that statement.

    I love you, brother.
    <VH>

    "I'm not like this because I'm in Van Halen. I'm in Van Halen because I'm like this."

  15. #17143
    Mean Street
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    52
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    43,051
    Posts Per Day
    9.26
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    9345
    Likes (Received)
    11346
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    I say fuck Caesar. God and I can settle up down the road. He owes me an apology, at the very least.

    You are a grown man, Chris. I'm sure you do childish things like the rest of us, but you're an adult who takes on the challenges of the adult world everyday.

    As for not surrendering your life to a kid, well, I'll let you think about the irony of that statement.

    I love you, brother.
    Pay back your debts like I do.

    I'm done. Love ya too.

  16. VH1986 Liked This Post
  17. #17144
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    45
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    27,678
    Posts Per Day
    4.64
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    272
    Likes (Received)
    6007
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    My wife keeps telling me average is perfect. I'm going to choose to believe her to boost my own self-esteem.

    I took out loans for graduate school. I worked and went to school and had a young family. After I graduated, I was hired as an adjunct instructor at the local community college that I once attended. I kept my other job and taught night classes for a year. A full-time position in the academic advising office came open, and I applied. I was hired full-time, but I kept teaching night classes for the next two years. By chance, a full-time faculty position came open, and I was fortunate to earn the position. While I make a fairly decent salary now, teaching at a community college in Kentucky was not a path to wealth and glory. I paid on my student loans for 20 years, but in 2023, because of George W. Bush and Joe Biden, I was deemed eligible for forgiveness for the remainder of my balance because of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. I am grateful for the break, and I know a lot of hard working people who were responsible like myself who are grateful.

    My tax dollars have gone to a lot of things with which I disagree, so I can understand the frustration of others who don't like their tax dollars going to things with which they disagree.
    But I bet thereís on difference in your situation, you didnít EXPECT IT to be forgiven right? You obviously worked hard and not only continued your higher learning but you actually work in the field. So youíve done it right so to speak.

    My only gripe about the issue is this, not everyone needs to go to college. Some not only donít have the aptitude or the self determination to do what you did. I know people who straight up were told that they were going to their parents college. Itís bad enough to have to please your parents by going somewhere you donít want to go but also have your parents relive their college years through you vicariously.

    Letís also take into account that not every field needs a degree to be in. Liberal arts comes to mind. No one should be attempting to make a living off of a lesbian carpentry degree. Or something similar. If itís an interest or something, go nuts. But there is a big misconception that you NEED a degree. I know plumbers that make as much as doctors.

    The government should be helping people get a leg up regarding education. Not footing the bill.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. VH1986 Liked This Post
  19. #17145
    Light Up The Sky
    ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    21,415
    Posts Per Day
    2.85
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 05:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2455
    Likes (Received)
    4355
    Thanks (Given)
    4379
    Thanks (Received)
    6704

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    The loan issue is part of the problem with government. Government shouldn't be giving out handouts. Now if we have an economic crisis like the pandemic, ok I can see why one would divert funds to offset something.

    You signed your name on piece of paper. Maybe you were 18 but as I said, 18 year olds sign up to the military. They are considered dumb because they are not going to university or college. So if they are cognizant of the decision they are making at 18, a person who has taken college prep classes, passed ACT, SAT and gain admission to a college certainly can. Plus they are signing to make the ultimate sacrifice. Their life. Not to go into debt because they were too stupid to see that there is no ROI on General Studies.

    If you excuse this then excuse house debt for predatory loan practices. How many people got screwed with variable interest rates? oh I am sure. Not my problem.

    I do understand if a government program is there and is going to give you free money, sure you will take it. The problem is that government shouldn't be doing this sort of business. Its a waste and again nobody forced you to take on the debt. No different than that car you own. The house. The credit cards you have. You are responsible

    Part of being an adult is being accountable for your actions. College debt is part of that

    However we are raising a nation full of betas

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
    By The Rover in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 82456
    Last Post: Yesterday, 08:40 PM
  2. 23 of the most wacky Biden being Biden in 2013
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.19.21, 12:56 AM
  3. Deficit Shrinks To Lowest Level Of Obama Presidency
    By Hot Sauce in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01.27.15, 03:18 PM
  4. Herman Cain Hopes Gas Prices Increase To Help Romney Win Presidency
    By rocknblues81 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.09.12, 08:58 PM
  5. That V.P. Guy Joe Biden.
    By Hurricane Halen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07.10.09, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •