Last Online

Today @ 01:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Default Ed Solo/Unchained/There's Only One Way To Rock - 8/27/93 - Costa Mesa, CA

2. Bad to the Bone, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 12:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

This show was one of the very first bootlegs I had when I started to discover bootlegs. The whole show has a great late summer feel to it. The 93 tour was also my first VH show so this bootleg whey I got it was pretty special.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

RIP EVH 10/6/20

4. Simon Ribeiro, DFVH5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 01:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

at the 9:42 mark, Ed plays a riff and Al and Mike joined in, they actually did a song there but it's edited out of this for some reason.....they did Young Man Blues

I bought this show back in about 97, great show start to finish

6. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

My only front row Van Halen concert. Place went gorillashit when Eddie launched into Unchained. One of my favorite concerts of all time

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 01:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    This show was one of the very first bootlegs I had when I started to discover bootlegs. The whole show has a great late summer feel to it. The 93 tour was also my first VH show so this bootleg whey I got it was pretty special.
    Looks like you're the same age and became a fan around the same time as me.

'93 was my first show and I just missed the FUCK tour when they came to Pittsburgh late summer of '91 because I became a fan at the end of the year. And, I obviously was too young to have a license to drive anywhere in '92 or even realized people did that --what an amateur I was!

I bought this bootleg in the spring of '94 while on vacation in Orlando, but my first was around when LRHRN came out the year before. My girlfriend from another school knew (and likely blew, she was a tad promiscuous and unfaithful) a guy who had the '78 Pasadena Civic Center show on cassette with "Down in Flames" and "Bullethead" added. I was too stupid to ask where he got it so I could get more, and it wasn't until the end of the year when my buddies and I skipped school and went dowtown and went to this record store that I discovered bootleg videos, the first being "Visual Files 1978-1985." I can't say there were too many times in my life where I was more excited than that. And it wasn't until Christmas of '94 that I found where to get more audio bootlegs, and this time it was import CDs. If I remember correctly I checked the trades in back of some metal magazine and hit the jackpot.

Just out of curiosity, when and how did you discover bootlegs?
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 12:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by DFVH5150 View Post
    Looks like you're the same age and became a fan around the same time as me.

'93 was my first show and I just missed the FUCK tour when they came to Pittsburgh late summer of '91 because I became a fan at the end of the year. And, I obviously was too young to have a license to drive anywhere in '92 or even realized people did that --what an amateur I was!

I bought this bootleg in the spring of '94 while on vacation in Orlando, but my first was around when LRHRN came out the year before. My girlfriend from another school knew (and likely blew, she was a tad promiscuous and unfaithful) a guy who had the '78 Pasadena Civic Center show on cassette with "Down in Flames" and "Bullethead" added. I was too stupid to ask where he got it so I could get more, and it wasn't until the end of the year when my buddies and I skipped school and went dowtown and went to this record store that I discovered bootleg videos, the first being "Visual Files 1978-1985." I can't say there were too many times in my life where I was more excited than that. And it wasn't until Christmas of '94 that I found where to get more audio bootlegs, and this time it was import CDs. If I remember correctly I checked the trades in back of some metal magazine and hit the jackpot.

Just out of curiosity, when and how did you discover bootlegs?
    I was 16 years old in 93 of my first show. I l always loved Van Halen for as long as I could remember. I'll never forget one of my friends in high school asked me if I wanted to go see Van Halen in concert that summer and I was like hell yeah. I had never been to a concert before.

It was probably 2 years later I discovered what a bootleg was. I was at a party and I was speaking with someone about Van Halen and they mentioned they had a record of their show at Castle Donnington in 84. I was like what??? That's not an actual record. I didn't believe him. He actually left the party and went and got the record and luckily enough the house we were at had a record player still and we listened. I was blown away. It was also around that time I started getting regular access to the internet (crazy to say that all these years later). I researched bootlegs and started tracking them down. An old record store a town over from me had a bunch of bootleg CD's and VHS videos and that's where I got 93 Costa Mesa on CD, 95 Pensacola on VHS, and 83 US Fest on VHS. From there I figured out I could trade some things online and got a few more. I also that year attended some sort of trade show that had Bootlegs, magazines, concert memorabilia etc.

Crazy to think all of that stuff is pretty much on you tube for free. Only thing in my collection that I haven't seen on YouTube I don't think is 91 from Tallahassee Florida, and 88 from Miami Florida.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

RIP EVH 10/6/20

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Aaaaand it's gone.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 01:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    I was 16 years old in 93 of my first show. I l always loved Van Halen for as long as I could remember. I'll never forget one of my friends in high school asked me if I wanted to go see Van Halen in concert that summer and I was like hell yeah. I had never been to a concert before.

It was probably 2 years later I discovered what a bootleg was. I was at a party and I was speaking with someone about Van Halen and they mentioned they had a record of their show at Castle Donnington in 84. I was like what??? That's not an actual record. I didn't believe him. He actually left the party and went and got the record and luckily enough the house we were at had a record player still and we listened. I was blown away. It was also around that time I started getting regular access to the internet (crazy to say that all these years later). I researched bootlegs and started tracking them down. An old record store a town over from me had a bunch of bootleg CD's and VHS videos and that's where I got 93 Costa Mesa on CD, 95 Pensacola on VHS, and 83 US Fest on VHS. From there I figured out I could trade some things online and got a few more. I also that year attended some sort of trade show that had Bootlegs, magazines, concert memorabilia etc.

Crazy to think all of that stuff is pretty much on you tube for free. Only thing in my collection that I haven't seen on YouTube I don't think is 91 from Tallahassee Florida, and 88 from Miami Florida.
    Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I had a similar experience at the record store. My one friend came down from the second floor while I was looking at mags and said, "Hey man, there's some Van Halen videos upstairs." And I was like, "Yeah, 'Live without a Net' and 'Right Here, Right Now.' I have those of course." Then he goes, "No, they have David Lee Roth on them." To which I go, "WWWHAT?! GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY MAN!" and gunned it upstairs only to see a glorious row of VH videos. Only being a paperboy at the time, I had enough for one so I bought the one I mentioned which had the Dave era videos and some promos, then shortly after I went back and got the US Festival.

The '95 Pensacola I got a little over a year later at that same place (I kept going back and eventually exhausted the place), then around Christmas of '95 I found a hot lead in another rock magazine that sold tons of VH videos. I got about 10 of them for Xmas and they came in a big box. '84 Montreal, '78 and '79 Fresnos which were unwatchable back then, '83 Buenos Aires, '92 Cabo, an Eat 'em and Smile show...I can't remember the rest. That Christmas trumped the shit out of any of my awesome childhood Xmases--even the one with the G.I. Joe fort lol!

But earlier that December, as they were coming in the mail, I went to my first Rock 'N' Roll Expo trade show that you had mentioned. I'll never forget walking into the place and had no idea what I was walking into, which was fucking paradise. I never missed one after that. Problem was all the ones they had my parents already got for me so I could look but couldn't touch. I didn't walk away empty-handed though because I got my then Holy Grail: '95 Pittsburgh. The summer prior I threw my banner on stage at that show and Sammy wore it around his waste...so now I got to see it on video! Of course it was during "Amsterdam" and it was a Jumbotron-shot bootleg, and during that song they just showed the music video lol. Motherfuckers...well I got to see a couple seconds of the beginning and ending of the song where the video wasn't airing.

And yeah, YouTube's got damn near everything. I'll never forget how rare and hard to find the 1980 ATCWR/YRGM promo was back in the '90s. I think I found some guy in Canada who had them that I found in one of those Goldmine trade magazines. Now, a 5-year-old could pull it up on their phone and watch the original mint version within seconds.
    Last edited by DFVH5150; 11.05.20 at 10:51 AM.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

here's Young Man Blues that I posted about earlier:

it's pretty bad ass.

13. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    here's Young Man Blues that I posted about earlier:

it's pretty bad ass.
    Always loved that one.

15. Bad to the Bone Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Fuck where is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Fuck where is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    young man blues is edited out of a few of the bootlegs from that show, why I don't know. I actually forgot how cool that was.