01.07.21 @ 08:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Yep. Really bad I agree.

I actually made a really long winded rambling post in that other thread posted above a while back when I was piss drunk at night & am so glad the post never went through for whatever reason either too long or the signal dropped while sending.

Gotta figure- You have to wonder how Mikey feels about Steve Rosen uploading this old interview now. You think he would be glad about it. Idk. ???

It's all old stuff. It was old stuff before but now after Ed's passing just really old stuff why bring it up again opening a can of worms.

I'm guessing the journalist wanted some attention.

David donated a fairly large sum to Michael Anthony's grandaughter's fundraiser a while back. We know as fans they weren't best buddies or whatever but some of this stuff is better off left under the rug.

I think it is in very poor taste for Steve Rosen to have uploaded the Mike interviews at this time now so soon after Ed's passing. The Ed interviews are fine but clearly can hear with your own ears theres basically a full hour & a half of non stop smack talk against David & it's extreme to the max. I mean Holy Cow Jesus. He says " I hate him & If He had a gun he'd like to shoot him" Holy fuck. The journalist couldn't edit some of it out no he had to put it all out there.

Spite is why this interview was uploaded now. Spite. Hateful spite from a small petty vindictive journalist.

Smh.

Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.09.20 @ 01:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I enjoyed all the Rosen interviews. Ed's interview and his feelings on Dave were no surprise as he has made those feelings known many times before. As far as Mike, yeah we have not heard him unload like that before, but after the way he and others have said he was treated by Dave, what the hell do you expect?
    Last edited by NWA72; 11.24.20 at 06:36 PM.

Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserRookie2,000 VHL Life Points

To anyone that hasn’t listened to this interview. After you listen to it your opinion of Mike as this good guy that never says anything bad will change. Yeah the whole thing about the gun and shooting Dave was one of the weirdest things I’ve heard.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

01.07.21 @ 08:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by GT121 View Post
    To anyone that hasn’t listened to this interview. After you listen to it your opinion of Mike as this good guy that never says anything bad will change. Yeah the whole thing about the gun and shooting Dave was one of the weirdest things I’ve heard.
    My initial reaction was probably the same as yours buddy. But as I alluded to in the post above I think its great the fans are choosing to not comment about the interview. Its been out now at least 2 weeks & hardly a blip anywhere except here now & this thread will die out quickly. Theres too many other threads to read updated daily.

Fans probably listened but dont want to comment simple as that and its a good thing. Mike gets a pass. What are we supposed to do. Comment vehemently about Mike about an old interview from 86. Ed's gone now. VH over. Into Hendrix/Zeppelin/Doors/ territitory.

I was absolutley disgusted by some of what I heard. I'm not even going to type it out. But as a fan my biggest beef is the overwhelming lack of acknowlegement regarding DLR's talent. He is a phenomenal performer & outstanding vocalist in the studio albums. Overall dynamite rock icon in every sense of the descpriction.

But unlike Ed who always acknowledged Davids creative talent & showmanshop Mike never ever said anything positive about David ever. His whole thing is clouded by personal stuff not related to the actual music, art & media & live concert productions.

Funny how Steve Rosen is the one who put out the EVH interviews in 82 where Eddie bitched about Mike buying a new Porshe even though he hardly contributed to the process.

Not to mention Billy Shehan & Mike Berlin both in print stating Ed was considering a new bass player in 1980 but David said no. Funny that.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.15.21 @ 03:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Yeah, I don't know...this stuff doesn't really bother me. It was forever ago when these interviews were recorded. They were much younger and the wounds were fresh. I'm sure they wished they hadn't said some of that stuff, but many people say immature things when they are young. These interviews seem like harmless high school drama. Big deal.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserRookie2,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    My initial reaction was probably the same as yours buddy. But as I alluded to in the post above I think its great the fans are choosing to not comment about the interview. Its been out now at least 2 weeks & hardly a blip anywhere except here now & this thread will die out quickly. Theres too many other threads to read updated daily.

Fans probably listened but dont want to comment simple as that and its a good thing. Mike gets a pass. What are we supposed to do. Comment vehemently about Mike about an old interview from 86. Ed's gone now. VH over. Into Hendrix/Zeppelin/Doors/ territitory.

I was absolutley disgusted by some of what I heard. I'm not even going to type it out. But as a fan my biggest beef is the overwhelming lack of acknowlegement regarding DLR's talent. He is a phenomenal performer & outstanding vocalist in the studio albums. Overall dynamite rock icon in every sense of the descpriction.

But unlike Ed who always acknowledged Davids creative talent & showmanshop Mike never ever said anything positive about David ever. His whole thing is clouded by personal stuff not related to the actual music, art & media & live concert productions.

Funny how Steve Rosen is the one who put out the EVH interviews in 82 where Eddie bitched about Mike buying a new Porshe even though he hardly contributed to the process.

Not to mention Billy Shehan & Mike Berlin both in print stating Ed was considering a new bass player in 1980 but David said no. Funny that.
    The lack of positive acknowledgment from Mike for Dave is what bothers me the most. Like you said he literally won’t give an ounce of credit to Dave for anything. I mean deep down he knows he wouldn’t have his current lifestyle without him but I guess he just never wants to say it out loud for some reason. Just such a sour interview and honestly wish I never listened to it haha

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

12.11.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    250 VHL Life Points31 Days Registered

Mike deserved to be called “the bass player” in Roth’s book.

Never wrote a song, a lyric or a riff in his life but he somehow ended up getting more money on the old songs than Dave did during the Van Hagar record deal renegotiation.

And all that talk for years about how he was supposedly “held back” musically in VH, what did he play in Chickenfoot? The same boring root notes he’d always played. What a lame “supergroup” that was. Amazing that four guys with that much experience could churn out such non-memorable material.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

wow. Mike really didn't like Dave did he?

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 04:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    wow. Mike really didn't like Dave did he?
    No he DIDN'T according to that interview! We all kinda knew, but not to that extent. Wow.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x