Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 07:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Eddie lost his only connection to his mom, dad, life in the Netherlands and the journey over here. Many of us have brother and sisters but I don't think many of us had the relationship they had. I don't expect to hear anything from him music wise. He lost his left arm so to speak and unlike Rick Allen, a new kit isn't going to replace it.

Bullethead

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

DTNA, 5150
    Last Online

Today @ 01:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...li/5972714002/

Great article with some cool inside info from one of our Michigan newspapers.
    It's 5150 time!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 12:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Eddie lost his only connection to his mom, dad, life in the Netherlands and the journey over here. Many of us have brother and sisters but I don't think many of us had the relationship they had. I don't expect to hear anything from him music wise. He lost his left arm so to speak and unlike Rick Allen, a new kit isn't going to replace it.
    Yeah, my cousin and I were talking about this last week. Al is all alone in a way. Yes, he has his sons, wife,and Wolf, but like you said he has lost all his connections to his original homeland and his childhood. Pretty sad.

4. jagerdave, ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Veteran5,000 VHL Life Points

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 03:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yeah, my cousin and I were talking about this last week. Al is all alone in a way. Yes, he has his sons, wife,and Wolf, but like you said he has lost all his connections to his original homeland and his childhood. Pretty sad.
    They have cousins in the Netherlands. He may or may not be in touch with them, we don't know.
    Little Dreamer

Romeo Delight

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Rookie250 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Sadly, I think Luke is right. I dont think Alex will play again. But, damn, I really respect and appreciate the loyalty he has always towards his little brother.
    Until reading that, it had kind of eluded me that Alex has never played with anyone else. Ed had his little side appearances and projects, like Starfleet Project, TV appearances, all-star band appearances, the Roger Waters track, stuff like that. Eddie seemed comfortable playing with anyone. But, Alex never appeared or played ANYWHERE outside of Van Halen. I mean, what Luke is talking about here is playing in private. And, Al wouldn't even do that! Wow.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Today @ 03:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Part 5 of Sass Jordan's account:

Ok, It’s time to wrap up this little journey into the past. It’s funny, you never think the last time you see someone is actually going to be the last time.
    The last time I saw Ed in person, was at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. The old Four Seasons Hotel, I should say. It’s long gone, converted into condos, as all precious landmarks eventually seem to do. We were there with our two kids, visiting Al and Stine, along with all the Van Halen kids, and Ed was on a tear. I don’t think he was doing particularly well, but he was making the best of it. They had just played the Toronto stop on the 2004 tour, and we had taken the kids to see the show - they stood at the sound desk all night, surrounded by hundreds of true Van Halen fans, all flashing the metal horns and jumping and swaying to the music - it was the first loud rock concert the kids had ever been to, and they were completely carried away by the power of it all.
    We were back at the hotel for a dinner in Al and Stine’s suite, and the kids were going crazy, burning off some energy, running all over the hallway in full on childlike joy - and Ed was right there with them, chasing them all over the place - and right into the elevator - myself, Derek, Ed, and all the kids, including our then 6 year old daughter, Stella - who came flailing into the elevator with the other kids, all out of breath and sparkling with laughter and joy, when she spotted Ed. She marched right up to him, stared right up at him, and said, while waggling her finger in his face - ‘you play weally good - you were weally good!’. I’ll never forget the look on Ed’s face - complete surprise, and then the most wonderful gentle tenderness as he recognized the innocence that the compliment came from. ‘Why, thank you very much, Miss’ was his reply. It was a surreal moment.
    From then on, Al and I stayed in touch fairly frequently for about a year or two. Eventually, though, life started to take us all in different directions, as it always does, and it became more and more difficult to maintain our relationship, especially long distance - and especially when you have young families and intense careers going on. It’s a damn shame, because I really love Al. And now that Ed, his brother, band mate, muse and soul mate is gone, I cannot imagine how he must be feeling. My heart goes out to him and to the rest of Van Halen family, along with the legions of fans that were there through thick and thin, through different singers and lineups, through all the years of silence and rumours...
    Ed was an original, a glorious fireball comet that shot across the musical soundscape, blasting a new trajectory that was followed and imitated in an infinite myriad of ways. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know him even a little bit, but his genius touched me and so many others in a way that is difficult to articulate.
    Godspeed, Eddie, and may you fly free. We’ll see you on the other side. ��❤️��
    Little Dreamer

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Today @ 11:27 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Veteran5,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Part 5 of Sass Jordan's account:

Ok, It’s time to wrap up this little journey into the past. It’s funny, you never think the last time you see someone is actually going to be the last time.
    The last time I saw Ed in person, was at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. The old Four Seasons Hotel, I should say. It’s long gone, converted into condos, as all precious landmarks eventually seem to do. We were there with our two kids, visiting Al and Stine, along with all the Van Halen kids, and Ed was on a tear. I don’t think he was doing particularly well, but he was making the best of it. They had just played the Toronto stop on the 2004 tour, and we had taken the kids to see the show - they stood at the sound desk all night, surrounded by hundreds of true Van Halen fans, all flashing the metal horns and jumping and swaying to the music - it was the first loud rock concert the kids had ever been to, and they were completely carried away by the power of it all.
    We were back at the hotel for a dinner in Al and Stine’s suite, and the kids were going crazy, burning off some energy, running all over the hallway in full on childlike joy - and Ed was right there with them, chasing them all over the place - and right into the elevator - myself, Derek, Ed, and all the kids, including our then 6 year old daughter, Stella - who came flailing into the elevator with the other kids, all out of breath and sparkling with laughter and joy, when she spotted Ed. She marched right up to him, stared right up at him, and said, while waggling her finger in his face - ‘you play weally good - you were weally good!’. I’ll never forget the look on Ed’s face - complete surprise, and then the most wonderful gentle tenderness as he recognized the innocence that the compliment came from. ‘Why, thank you very much, Miss’ was his reply. It was a surreal moment.
    From then on, Al and I stayed in touch fairly frequently for about a year or two. Eventually, though, life started to take us all in different directions, as it always does, and it became more and more difficult to maintain our relationship, especially long distance - and especially when you have young families and intense careers going on. It’s a damn shame, because I really love Al. And now that Ed, his brother, band mate, muse and soul mate is gone, I cannot imagine how he must be feeling. My heart goes out to him and to the rest of Van Halen family, along with the legions of fans that were there through thick and thin, through different singers and lineups, through all the years of silence and rumours...
    Ed was an original, a glorious fireball comet that shot across the musical soundscape, blasting a new trajectory that was followed and imitated in an infinite myriad of ways. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know him even a little bit, but his genius touched me and so many others in a way that is difficult to articulate.
    Godspeed, Eddie, and may you fly free. We’ll see you on the other side. ��❤️��
    It’s truly an a great thing to here so many people share stories like this and give Eddie the acknowledgment that’s been lacking in favor of negative rumors and accounts of the deamons and health issues he was fighting for so long. The celebration of his life, accomplishments and true greatness is awesome. The reasons we all became fans. With the devestation of his passing it feels good to feel good about him in this way again.
    Destructo

10. Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.21.20 @ 07:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Edword View Post
    Until reading that, it had kind of eluded me that Alex has never played with anyone else. Ed had his little side appearances and projects, like Starfleet Project, TV appearances, all-star band appearances, the Roger Waters track, stuff like that. Eddie seemed comfortable playing with anyone. But, Alex never appeared or played ANYWHERE outside of Van Halen. I mean, what Luke is talking about here is playing in private. And, Al wouldn't even do that! Wow.
    I think Alex is extremely underrated because he never played outside of Van Halen. He never gets mentioned with any of the greats which I think is laughable. I never heard him mess up, and he was very musical and powerful on the drums.

No one inspired Alex like his brother did. His loyalty is stunning and beautiful. I hope he does eventually play again. Music is his life. He needs our love more than ever right now. I wish there was a way to show him our appreciation for all the music and great memories.

I love you Alex!
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All with Eddie
    Favorite VH Song

All with Eddie
    Last Online

Today @ 07:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Alex Van Halen has always produced the drum sound I want to hear. He is my favorite drummer of all time.
    King Edward Lodewijk Van Halen

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

If Alex never plays again then he's earned it.

VH is over now. The End. No rumors. No hope. No nothing.

A sobering reality.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 11:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Tributes for the passing of EVH

You read all these amazing tributes and then you think of an oddly bitter old fossil like David Crosby. Itís kind of sad actually.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

15. VH1986, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.21.20 @ 07:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    If Alex never plays again then he's earned it.

VH is over now. The End. No rumors. No hope. No nothing.

A sobering reality.
    I get it. Van Halen is over. I have accepted that for a while actually. I'm fine with them not releasing anything else. But on a human level, I just think it would be very sad if he just walked away from it completely. That's all.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    I get it. Van Halen is over. I have accepted that for a while actually. I'm fine with them not releasing anything else. But on a human level, I just think it would be very sad if he just walked away from it completely. That's all.
    It would be sad for us but for him? Probably a very easy thing to do.

18. Rokgtar Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It would be sad for us but for him? Probably a very easy thing to do.
    I agree. Playing drums at his level required serious energy and strength. He’s what, 67? And he’s had issues with his neck before. Now that his brother is gone - who was really the only person he ever wanted to play with - why should he?

Hopefully he will he come a septuagenarian (and beyond) which is a privilege his father and brother never were able to enjoy.

20. CaboChris, VH1986 Liked This Post