Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    7 Days Registered

Default VHML CON from the late 90s

Hi all,

I've lurked here for years but I'm not new to VH. First show was Diver Down and multiple shows on every tour since. The final one I saw was 2015 Atlanta. I was on the VHML through the late 90s, have the Unreleased CD/Loony Tunes set we compiled, I recall VABVH@AOL.COM's activity on the list and her 'when pigs fly' comment about Roth rejoining, etc. Great times.

At one point there was at least one fan meetup/con and I am thinking it was in Chicago or Detroit? I did not go, but I did get a VHS that someone recorded from the meetup. I know I watched it at least once and it is likely tucked away in my garage. It is honestly a pretty boring tape as I recall, but i wondered if anyone remembers that convention/meetup or if the VHS tape has surfaced anywhere.

Thanks

2. Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    Hi all,

I've lurked here for years but I'm not new to VH. First show was Diver Down and multiple shows on every tour since. The final one I saw was 2015 Atlanta. I was on the VHML through the late 90s, have the Unreleased CD/Loony Tunes set we compiled, I recall VABVH@AOL.COM's activity on the list and her 'when pigs fly' comment about Roth rejoining, etc. Great times.

At one point there was at least one fan meetup/con and I am thinking it was in Chicago or Detroit? I did not go, but I did get a VHS that someone recorded from the meetup. I know I watched it at least once and it is likely tucked away in my garage. It is honestly a pretty boring tape as I recall, but i wondered if anyone remembers that convention/meetup or if the VHS tape has surfaced anywhere.

Thanks
    I was a regular on the VHML from about '95 to 2005-ish. The first time a lot of us got together was the last two US dates of the '98 VH tour with Cherone at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. I caught the 2nd show form the 6th row and Val sat right behind me with Wolfgang, his kid friend and a nanny. I remember Wolfgang and his pal running around up and down the isles and occasionally sitting in a side stage rail watching his dad play.

I don't recall a Chicago VHML meet-up but there was one in 2000 in Hollywood and one in Las Vegas in 2001 and I went to both of those. The Hollywood show, everyone met and most stayed at the Sunset Hyatt aka Riot House and went to the Whiskey on the Saturday night and saw The Atomic Punks. There used to be a tape of that show circulating.

The Vegas show, we hired The Atomic Punks to play that weekend in a small ballroom which was really a lot of fun. I did the art for the t-shirts for the Vegas meet-up. I recall being told that "they" meaning Eddie didn't want us using the stripes design or the "VH" logo so I kind of weaseled my way around that for the shirt graphics. For the big 2 color pen and ink illustration on the back of the shirt, I went with an Animal House movie poster meets Mad Magazine image and slotted in a few recognizable VHML'ers.

Here's the front and back to the shirt....

Front

Back

4. Simon Ribeiro, wombattt Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 01:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

Wow, the VHML. Great memories.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

11.30.20 @ 07:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    7 Days Registered

I've been storing these VHML shirts for 25 years. In 2004 I wore one to to The Orleans Vegas VIP event during soundcheck and someone from the list was there and we talked a bit. that's probably the last time i wore one of these!

https://imgur.com/a/KNfaayr