10.21.21 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    One thing I’m seeing since Ed’s death is people shitting on other players in relation to Eddie. What’s the purpose of that? Are people really saying guys like Zakk Wylde and Slash suck? That’s why I hate “who’s the best guitarist” lists. There’s so many great players out there in all genres (living and dead) with their own stamp on it. There’s kids on YouTube in their bedrooms who can play a million notes a second. Everything’s subjective.
    I think Zakk is great at being Zakk and Slash is great at being Slash. I think they would really really suck at being Eddie. And that goes for every guitarist on the planet.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

2. edwardv Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again. Maybe someone will finally listen.

I'd like to see Alex go out and do something. His drumming is phenomenal and he is extremely underrated.

In other news, the way I see it, Wolfie has two choices; he can get out of his father's shadow and do his own thing or he could form a tribute band along the lines of what Jimmy Page did with the Black Crowes. Something like Van Halen, but respectfully different.

I think the recordings in 5150 need to be left to a professional who can do them serious justice. I think there is some really good material in there, but a different perspective is needed to bring that out. Yes, let Wolfie and the rest of the band should have some input.

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

10.19.21 @ 03:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again. Maybe someone will finally listen.

I'd like to see Alex go out and do something. His drumming is phenomenal and he is extremely underrated.

In other news, the way I see it, Wolfie has two choices; he can get out of his father's shadow and do his own thing or he could form a tribute band along the lines of what Jimmy Page did with the Black Crowes. Something like Van Halen, but respectfully different.

I think the recordings in 5150 need to be left to a professional who can do them serious justice. I think there is some really good material in there, but a different perspective is needed to bring that out. Yes, let Wolfie and the rest of the band should have some input.
    Wolf has already said he has his own band put together, has a signed record deal for his album, and with aforementioned band in which he will be playing guitar it looks like he plans on playing his album live.

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

07.24.21 @ 04:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Someone used the word closure in regard to a tribute concert or some bullshit...
    For me, and many of us there will never be closure...it just isn't possible. Sure, it'll hurt less in time but every VH song will bring back the pain and the awesome memories ingrained in our souls...

6. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    I think Zakk is great at being Zakk and Slash is great at being Slash. I think they would really really suck at being Eddie. And that goes for every guitarist on the planet.
    Exactly. And I’ve seen guys do a pretty spot on Eddie, but then it’s “well, you’re just an Eddie clone” so what’s the point? The real iconic guys (including Eddie)have their own thing and usually aren’t good at imitating others. Eddie said all the time when they were playing covers, “I couldn’t sound like the record, it just sounded like me playing, so I made it my own thing”.
    But as far as a VH tribute, all kinds of bands will do their own tributes I’m sure. But I don’t really see an official tribute coming from the VH camp. I imagine whenever Wolf gets out there he’ll do some kind of tribute.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

05.10.21 @ 09:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Default Van Halen can continue on

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Someone used the word closure in regard to a tribute concert or some bullshit...
    For me, and many of us there will never be closure...it just isn't possible. Sure, it'll hurt less in time but every VH song will bring back the pain and the awesome memories ingrained in our souls...
    I kind of take the opposite stance, I got closure this week. Van Halen is a past band, every minute was pure joy. But there is no more speculation on will they or won’t they, there’s no more bring this guy back or that guy. There is 42 years of music and memories from the greatest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    I think we can end this thread. There is no chance Van Halen continues. Wolf is rightfully doing his own music. He wants to and Ed wanted him to. We may get some unreleased tunes and or a box set, but to take ideas Ed had and turning them into new songs....I highly doubt that. When Wolf is ready....im looking forward to see what he does with his career. His dad is his main influence....Ed will live on through Wolf. Al that said...Wolf and Al need to take all the time they need. Even walking back onto any studio, let alone 5150 is going to be extremely hard.
    I agree. If and when the members of Van Halen, decide, if they ever do, to do something, I’m sure we will know about it. In the meantime, celebrate the music and enjoy what Eddie gave us. That’s what he would want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jedi McFly, PrideofPasadena, DFVH5150 Liked This Post