The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    they just want their sports without the politics, that's what it means.
    Yeah, imagine that.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

03.03.21 @ 05:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

I donít have an issue with the show of unity or the kneeling, they have a platform and are making a stand for something they believe in, the league has allowed it and like it or not these athletes are looked up to and receive negative press no matter where they stand on it.
    Now I may or may not agreed with the way they choose to make that stand, but they have a right to do it as the teams and owners are behind it this year and the platform is there to make a difference. And people also have the choice not to watch or support their team any longer. Doesnít really bother me one way or the other when the ball is snapped, and Iíll defend their freedom to do it even while I stand for the anthem, because thatís freedom
    I will say they I hear people say all the time athletes should be better examples, kids look up to them, they should lead by example, but the. They stand up in unity for a cause that has effected some of them personally, and we chastise they because we donít agree with what they stood for

Thatís not freedom, thatís freedom as long as you agree with it. If they stood in unity to fight breast cancer, not one person would have booed, so is racism involved? Yeah I think so and thatís what they are protesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DJ Work'in Hard Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    I don’t have an issue with the show of unity or the kneeling, they have a platform and are making a stand for something they believe in, the league has allowed it and like it or not these athletes are looked up to and receive negative press no matter where they stand on it.
    Now I may or may not agreed with the way they choose to make that stand, but they have a right to do it as the teams and owners are behind it this year and the platform is there to make a difference. And people also have the choice not to watch or support their team any longer. Doesn’t really bother me one way or the other when the ball is snapped, and I’ll defend their freedom to do it even while I stand for the anthem, because that’s freedom
    I will say they I hear people say all the time athletes should be better examples, kids look up to them, they should lead by example, but the. They stand up in unity for a cause that has effected some of them personally, and we chastise they because we don’t agree with what they stood for

That’s not freedom, that’s freedom as long as you agree with it. If they stood in unity to fight breast cancer, not one person would have booed, so is racism involved? Yeah I think so and that’s what they are protesting.

People are just tired of this stuff. I also think there would have been a lot less booing if both teams were out there for the anthem and stood for it. But if KC fans are booing the Super Bowl champions during their first game, maybe people need to understand that fans are just sick of this stuff. You can bang people over the head with this stuff for so long. And it's not a right/left thing. If there were non-stop pro-life protests before every sporting event I can assure you that most fans would be "alright, we get it - now play the fucking game already" really quick.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

People are just tired of this stuff. I also think there would have been a lot less booing if both teams were out there for the anthem and stood for it. But if KC fans are booing the Super Bowl champions during their first game, maybe people need to understand that fans are just sick of this stuff. You can bang people over the head with this stuff for so long. And it's not a right/left thing. If there were non-stop pro-life protests before every sporting event I can assure you that most fans would be "alright, we get it - now play the fucking game already" really quick.
    I can understand being tired of it, Iím tired of protesting as well, and Iím tired of the riots and things of that nature and yes Iíd like to escape it in watching football
    But hereís the thing, if youíve been a victim of police brutality or racism, protested it for 100 days in some instances canít even get charges filed against police the committed a criminal act and youíve dealt with this your whole life, without ever seeing any change in it, they are probably pretty sick of the status quo as well

Thatís kind of my point, how I feel on the subject in immaterial to defending someoneís right to protest it. I donít have to like it, but I believe in freedom on both sides of the coin, so I feel I must defend it.

Itís like flag burning, itís despicable to me, the flag should never be treated like that, it deserves reverence, yet I will defend someoneís right to burn it in protest. Thatís Freedom

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

maybe they were booing because the players weren't social distancing when they had their arms locked together!
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I can understand being tired of it, I’m tired of protesting as well, and I’m tired of the riots and things of that nature and yes I’d like to escape it in watching football
    But here’s the thing, if you’ve been a victim of police brutality or racism, protested it for 100 days in some instances can’t even get charges filed against police the committed a criminal act and you’ve dealt with this your whole life, without ever seeing any change in it, they are probably pretty sick of the status quo as well

That’s kind of my point, how I feel on the subject in immaterial to defending someone’s right to protest it. I don’t have to like it, but I believe in freedom on both sides of the coin, so I feel I must defend it.

It’s like flag burning, it’s despicable to me, the flag should never be treated like that, it deserves reverence, yet I will defend someone’s right to burn it in protest. That’s Freedom

And viewers have the freedom to stop watching and fans have the right to boo when they get hid over the head over and over again about this stuff. Also, not a great look when the two lead guys talking about systemic racism last night are the two highest paid players in the league and will make more money this year than 99% of fans will make in their lifetime. It's a turnoff for a lot of fans, even those who agree with them politically. I'm on the left politically. But when I turn on a game, I just want to watch the game. I had my first karate class today, if the sensei opened the class with a 5 minute speech on systemic racism, he'd probably get fired. Not because his position is right or wrong, it's because he's paid to teach a class. The NFL's role is to provide football games, not political statements. It's one thing to slap end racism in the endzones. It's another to have a nice chunk of the pre game broadcast focused on stuff not related to football.

8. bklynboy68, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Some Kind of Alien
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

LWI/WCTBL/WIL
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

they just want their sports without the politics, that's what it means.
    I wonder how many people of color were booing.
    "To hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is." King Edward Lodewijk Van Halen

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

And viewers have the freedom to stop watching and fans have the right to boo when they get hid over the head over and over again about this stuff. Also, not a great look when the two lead guys talking about systemic racism last night are the two highest paid players in the league and will make more money this year than 99% of fans will make in their lifetime. It's a turnoff for a lot of fans, even those who agree with them politically. I'm on the left politically. But when I turn on a game, I just want to watch the game. I had my first karate class today, if the sensei opened the class with a 5 minute speech on systemic racism, he'd probably get fired. Not because his position is right or wrong, it's because he's paid to teach a class. The NFL's role is to provide football games, not political statements. It's one thing to slap end racism in the endzones. It's another to have a nice chunk of the pre game broadcast focused on stuff not related to football.
    Well the except the NFL has taken a ton of flack when they did just put on football games aka domestic violence, and they took a lot of crap when players wanted to speak out against that.
    Like it or not, the NFL is not and cannot be compared to any other business. Now maybe itís wrong they arenít treated like a business, but they arenít.
    And yes, people absolutely have the right not to watch and let their money do the speaking, I defend that as well.

Again I may not want to see this at a game, but they absolutely have the right to do it and accept the consequences of how people will react to it. We can critique them doing it, and all of those things. But in my opinion, you only have the right to critique it if you also stand for their right to do it, if you donít, then like I said, you only support freedom for the things you like and agree with. , thatís not freedom.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    i don't know, nor really care about the demographics but since almost all of the people in the crowd were white then i imagine most of people booing were as well.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Well the except the NFL has taken a ton of flack when they did just put on football games aka domestic violence, and they took a lot of crap when players wanted to speak out against that.
    Like it or not, the NFL is not and cannot be compared to any other business. Now maybe it’s wrong they aren’t treated like a business, but they aren’t.
    And yes, people absolutely have the right not to watch and let their money do the speaking, I defend that as well.

Again I may not want to see this at a game, but they absolutely have the right to do it and accept the consequences of how people will react to it. We can critique them doing it, and all of those things. But in my opinion, you only have the right to critique it if you also stand for their right to do it, if you don’t, then like I said, you only support freedom for the things you like and agree with. , that’s not freedom.

the NFL has the right to broadcast whatever they want. The NFL has the right to allow their players to make whatever statement they want while they are at work. But adding divisive issues to your broadcast just seems like a really stupid business decision. If I was an advertiser I wouldn't want people changing the channel during the pregame (I did, I imagine a lot of others did) if I'm paying big money for those spots. The NFL is doing what all the other pro sports are doing, they're not leading, they are following. And they'll lose business because of it. And the more pronounced the politics becomes, the more business they will lose. Fortunately for them this is the best year to do this since you're not playing in front of crowds most nights.

13. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

What happened??
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

15. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I feel for this man and I'm no Cowboys fan. I just saw this video it happened 7 mos ago.He belongs in. Screw the NFLHOF

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by edwardv; 09.11.20 at 03:57 PM.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post

I feel for this man and I'm no Cowboys fan. I just saw this video it happened 7 mos ago.He belongs in. Screw the NFLHOF

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately itís very difficult for wide receivers to get in, picture this, in 2001 only 4 wide receivers had more than 900 career receptions
    Art Monk
    Andre Reed
    Cris Carter
    Jerry Rice

Only two had more than 1000, Carter and Rice, both had more than 130 TDS
    In Carters case his QBs were (And only one in their prime)
    Cunningham, Wilson, Salisbury, Moon, Johnson, Culprpper, Gannon, George, and Iím sure Iím forgetting someone

Carter was not a first ballot, I think it took 4 or 5 tries

Since then thereís about 10 over 1000 receptions maybe more. Itís been devalued because of a pass happy league and it hurts the old era guys

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I can understand being tired of it, I’m tired of protesting as well, and I’m tired of the riots and things of that nature and yes I’d like to escape it in watching football
    But here’s the thing, if you’ve been a victim of police brutality or racism, protested it for 100 days in some instances can’t even get charges filed against police the committed a criminal act and you’ve dealt with this your whole life, without ever seeing any change in it, they are probably pretty sick of the status quo as well

That’s kind of my point, how I feel on the subject in immaterial to defending someone’s right to protest it. I don’t have to like it, but I believe in freedom on both sides of the coin, so I feel I must defend it.

It’s like flag burning, it’s despicable to me, the flag should never be treated like that, it deserves reverence, yet I will defend someone’s right to burn it in protest. That’s Freedom

How come the freedom to act is only seen from one side?

Of course they have the freedom to protest, to kneel, etc. Then I have the freedom to boo (I wouldn't), ignore them, or not buy their product.

It works both ways.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

19. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    Did you ask how many people of color were looting?

Guarantee you didn't.

21. bklynboy68, Brett, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post