Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Dems are worrying about losing black and Latino voters in FL:

Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    Well, yeah!

3. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

While I think that the media and definitely social media is to blame for the division, its also the new fascination that politics is like watching sports. Its like the NFL. It never has a real off season. Cable news created this cult of personality. I mean when Reagan or HW were in office, you didn't have news 24x7 or if it was, it was CNN and they concentrated a lot of their programming to actual news. A show like Crossfire was their political show. One hour a night. Rest was news. Now its politics with may an hour of news. Same for every other station.

You can't get away from it and it is easy to get your riled up regardless of what side of the fence you are on. Its all consuming and unfortunately you do end up in an echo chamber.

While the media has always had influence, today it is the influence. It consumes so much and people gorge themselves on it we are in a dangerous place. Free Thinking is done. Its what somebody else says.

Unfortunately we likely will see the fruits of this way of thinking next week.

5. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 08:17 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserElite Daily Poster31 Days Registered2,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The Dixie Chicks disagree with your take on the right not cancelling people. The right started this nonsense.

You're 100% right on the violence though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Don't preach negative politics to the people that are your money makers. Hollyweird was still going with all their anti Republican views.

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 07:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Dems are worrying about losing black and Latino voters in FL:

Dems are worried about EVERYTHING. Yes they are worried about Black and Latino voters in Florida, but they are also picking up other voters there, the so called "BIden Republicans" but after 2016 which really was a gut punch, they are not taking anything for granted. No one is trusting the polls. Young black men, suburban housewives, Latinas, college educated whatevers....they are just convinced that it is going to be another squeaker and frankly, the massive amount of early voting throws them off their game. Early voting USUALLY means Democratic voters, but with Covid it could mean anything

Plus there is no telling what is going to happen on election day itself. Will there be hours long waits that discourage voters? Will mail in votes get sent in early enough? How many mail in votes will be disqualified for some small issue? Will there be terrible weather? Will covid keep older voters away? Will there be people who are so over this entire election that they will just sit this one out?

No one is taking anything for granted

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 08:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Don't preach negative politics to the people that are your money makers. Hollyweird was still going with all their anti Republican views.
    so cancel culture is ok if you don't like someone's opinion?????

10. Darrin Stephens, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Both sides engage in that ridiculous cancel culture behavior.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go outside and set fire to my Nike sneakers and blow up my Yeti cooler.

12. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 01:31 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Dems are worried about EVERYTHING. Yes they are worried about Black and Latino voters in Florida, but they are also picking up other voters there, the so called "BIden Republicans" but after 2016 which really was a gut punch, they are not taking anything for granted. No one is trusting the polls. Young black men, suburban housewives, Latinas, college educated whatevers....they are just convinced that it is going to be another squeaker and frankly, the massive amount of early voting throws them off their game. Early voting USUALLY means Democratic voters, but with Covid it could mean anything

Plus there is no telling what is going to happen on election day itself. Will there be hours long waits that discourage voters? Will mail in votes get sent in early enough? How many mail in votes will be disqualified for some small issue? Will there be terrible weather? Will covid keep older voters away? Will there be people who are so over this entire election that they will just sit this one out?

No one is taking anything for granted

Circumstances are making for a very strange and unpredictible election indeed. This following the strangest and most unpredictable election in our history in 2016. With all the factors playing into this election it's is too tough to call, imo. Very unpredictable.
    Strange days.

Your post coupled with that Axlerod cnn video give me hope that Trump can pull it off.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 07:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

There is an interesting thing going on in Ohio.

In Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Non partisan ballots are surging...that means ballots for voters who did not declare a party an vote in a primary ( Ohio has a closed system. You need to declare a party to get a ballot. No party, No ballot)

In Hamilton county 191,000 ballots had been cast as of earlier this week. That accounts for a 31% turnout a week before the election. Of those ballots, 138,000 were mail in and 52,000 were in person early voting.

Democrats usually dominate early voting, but this year, at least in Hamilton County, non partisan votes have dominated. The counts are 92,000 non partisan, 69,000 Democrat and 29,000 Republican. Half the ballots up until October 13 were Democrat then the non partisan started flooding in. What happened to provoke that? There was the Sept 29 debacle debate, the Oct 7 VP debate, Trumps release from the hospital on the 6th The second Oct 15 debate cancelled. But something triggered a huge change in the voting

In Warren county which is very conservative and Trump won with 66%. In 2016 Republican early votes outnumbered Democrat by 20,000 to 6000. This years early voting was similar with the Republicans casting 21,000 early votes, but Democrats have cast 15,000 BUT non partisans have returned 42,000 ballots!

Franklin county has similarly set records on mail in and early votes

If this is indicative of what is going on elsewhere (and I understand that Texas is similar) ...if non partisan voters are out voting the parties, what does this mean? I think that we can just forget about any polls being anywhere near accurate, I am afraid. And maybe this is why both parties internal numbers have their candidates and surrogates scrambling even more than usual for the last week of a campaign

15. edwardv, CaboChris Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    There is an interesting thing going on in Ohio.

In Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Non partisan ballots are surging...that means ballots for voters who did not declare a party an vote in a primary ( Ohio has a closed system. You need to declare a party to get a ballot. No party, No ballot)

In Hamilton county 191,000 ballots had been cast as of earlier this week. That accounts for a 31% turnout a week before the election. Of those ballots, 138,000 were mail in and 52,000 were in person early voting.

Democrats usually dominate early voting, but this year, at least in Hamilton County, non partisan votes have dominated. The counts are 92,000 non partisan, 69,000 Democrat and 29,000 Republican. Half the ballots up until October 13 were Democrat then the non partisan started flooding in. What happened to provoke that? There was the Sept 29 debacle debate, the Oct 7 VP debate, Trumps release from the hospital on the 6th The second Oct 15 debate cancelled. But something triggered a huge change in the voting

In Warren county which is very conservative and Trump won with 66%. In 2016 Republican early votes outnumbered Democrat by 20,000 to 6000. This years early voting was similar with the Republicans casting 21,000 early votes, but Democrats have cast 15,000 BUT non partisans have returned 42,000 ballots!

Franklin county has similarly set records on mail in and early votes

If this is indicative of what is going on elsewhere (and I understand that Texas is similar) ...if non partisan voters are out voting the parties, what does this mean? I think that we can just forget about any polls being anywhere near accurate, I am afraid. And maybe this is why both parties internal numbers have their candidates and surrogates scrambling even more than usual for the last week of a campaign
    I don't believe the polls. It's weird.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

For many swing voters its a tough decision. The mans an ass but he has some decent stances on actual issues. He is going to get less of the seniors vote this time. Its going to be so close and not over by Wed imo.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I don't believe the polls. It's weird.
    you believe the Nevada polls, though, right? Why do you doubt the ones in states that you don't live in?

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    you believe the Nevada polls, though, right? Why do you doubt the ones in states that you don't live in?
    I don't believe in any my polls. My state included.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 08:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

We tend to believe what we want to believe.

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

21. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    For many swing voters its a tough decision. The mans an ass but he has some decent stances on actual issues. He is going to get less of the seniors vote this time. Its going to be so close and not over by Wed imo.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    I do wonder about the hidden Trump voters. An interesting thing you see online are celebrities who would normally not vote for him actually support him (and immediately get criticized by the mob). I don't know how many people that is but I think it'll be enough to make things more interesting than the "experts" think.

23. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post